Pokemon Se7en - Currently on hiatus

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OCMjSLm.png

Time for another announcement!!! And this one's guaranteed to melt your steely heart into a nasty mess of nuclear waste. So get your Geiger Counters ready and pack a healthy dose of Radaway for our next little friend:

_129_nuclom_by_zimvader42-d988qfc.png

NUCLOM!!! The Particle Pokemon!

A Poison/Steel Type, a Pokemon that represents one of few man-made pollutions that Pokemon has yet to cover, Radiation and Nuclear pollution. Nuclom's are pretty hard for humans to deal with as they munch down on Nuclear Power supplies making it very unsafe for the workers and the nearby area. But, look at that face. Can you say no to that face? And even if you say no... Nuclom can melt Steel beams... so they can probably sneak in anyway.

Nuclom is even so Radioactive that it has it's own unique ability called that... Radioactive. It's a lot like Poison Touch except that instead of a chance to inflict Poison... it inflicts a Badly Poisoned status. It allows one to sometimes get a Toxic Poison off for freeeeeeee. And who the heck doesn't like free things? I know I do. After all, everything is free for me, Plague Knight since I can make gold out of rat skulls and twine. ((Alchemy Kids... it does wonders.)) However, it also acts like Poison Point as well. On contact with Nuclom you can also be badly poisoned. It allows one to forgo taking Toxic, getting a moveslot to do something else like have more coverage. Pretty sweet deal if you don't mind the chance of it not happening. If on a turn you attack with a contact move and are hit by one, you have two chances to badly poison. Not half bad if you ask me. HEE HEE!!! It's definitely worth considering dropping Toxic as a result. Don't forget Toxic is 100% certain to hit ((even on mons in the semi-invulnerable turn of something like Fly.)) on a Poison Type Pokemon, so you do lose the certainty of inflicting it if you don't use it, therefore it really is a choice that needs to be made. Pokemon Se7en... adding a bit of interesting to your status move decisions.

In closing, Poison Types don't get a crazy amount of love, but I think this little guy really does make a strong case for them. Which is awesome because I, Plague Knight! , know that Poison Types are the best of types. No ands, ifs, or buts. ((also... it kicks Fairy butt... so that's a super plus.))

*reminds Plague Knight about Excadrill and how OP it can be, especially against Poison Types.*

Ground/Steel trumps it.

Edited by K_H

There's other Ground Types, though, as well as Steel Types. Who's to say that there couldn't be a Ground/Steel Type?

Edited by K_H

Soooo... first of all:

KAWAIIIIIIII!!!!! <3

second

if Nuclom can melt steels beams, as you stated yourself, and itself is Steel-type, wouldn't it melt itself???

A Pokemon that (slowly) kills itself over time... creepy...

and with it being cute AND radioactively inducing toxic-status ... how am I able to cuddle it??? that is unfair!

however it's unique typing is interesting if we look at resistances and weaknesses:

it's only weaknesses are - Ground (double weakness) and Fire (normal weakness)

and it resist sooo much:

double resists: Grass, Bug, Fairy

normal resists: Normal, Dragon, Flying, Ice, Rock, Steel

Nullifies: Poison (itself)

that is 10 resists to 2 weaknesses!

But it's STAB offensive capabilities seem to be limited:

Poison is effective against: Grass and Fairy

Steel is effective against: Rock, Ice and Fairy

so we have a complete check against MOST Fairies... so it has 4 types it is strong against, and now it depends how frequent those 4 types are if we get a Fairy with Rock/Grass/Ice dual-typing for a double weakness against steel or Poison...

for now, I see it as a pretty deadly physical wall, with Radioactive toxic effect + Venoshock and Iron Defence and maybe even a recovery move like Rest???

Well all mons learn Rest by TM Ceph, so that one was kind of a given :/

Also a shame we aren't in gen V no more, otherwise this thing would also resist ghost and dark, and then it would be unstoppable....except by EQ and Fire Blast. Oh well, at least it can sit and laugh at fairies like they're nothing. If you're a guy that doesn't like the fairy type among the public, this might just be the fairy killer you were looking for.

*reveals it's zim's work* *proceeds to congratulate the creation of a pokemon with an awesome typing that canon games did not have the courage to give us*

First of all, dat 9/11 reference...

Second: You make a big deal on the ability and it nullifying Toxic, which only leads me to believe that (at least) one of the following cases stands true

a. the other abilities are much better suited for this mon, provided they exist of course.

b. it may only know Toxic if you catch a low-leveled one (which would be hilarious)

c. it's just Huk PΚ writing long paragraphs to illustrate his point of view

I suppose it won't be available in Ep.1, so is there any chance we encounter it, even as trainer pokemon in Ep.2?

*reveals it's zim's work* *proceeds to congratulate the creation of a pokemon with an awesome typing that canon games did not have the courage to give us*

Do you mean the pok....oh the steel beam thing ok nevermind dumb question.

Also yes, this is another mon I drew. I drew them all :/

I have the theory that Gamefreak just won't release a pokemon based on radiation due to Japan's problems with radiation after the earthquakes time ago, and well there's also Hiroshima, Nagasaki, .... mutations in fetuses and all the things that people is concerned about. Is like Porygon: get related to a sad incident, never appear in the anime ever again. Even the move Earthquake has never appeared after a certain episode due to the sensitive topic of earthquakes in Japan....and the episode where Tentacruel invades a city in the earlier seasons was censored in USA due to the 9/11 sensitivity.

Well what I'm trying to say, is that certain ideas for canon mons are unlikely to be created due to the responsabilities a real business like GF has. But I ain't no business. I can make all kinds of "politically incorrect" mons. Although there's nothing politically incorrect about Nuclom, I just really like the steel/poison typing.

• Veterans

Second: You make a big deal on the ability and it nullifying Toxic, which only leads me to believe that (at least) one of the following cases stands true

a. the other abilities are much better suited for this mon, provided they exist of course.

b. it may only know Toxic if you catch a low-leveled one (which would be hilarious)

c. it's just Huk PN writing long paragraphs to illustrate his point of view

I suppose it won't be available in Ep.1, so is there any chance we encounter it, even as trainer pokemon in Ep.2?

It won't be available till post game, it's final evo is the champion's ace :v

• Global Mods

Poison/Steel is a very good typing, and the radiation/nuclear theme is creative. Does Radioactive work like Poison Touch where it's contact moves that activate the chance of poisoning, or is it different? I'm wondering because Nuclom looks like it would use more special moves than physical ones.

It works when contact is made, regardless of who is attacking who.

And if you think about it, making this Pokemon was a logical step: after water pollution (Muk), air pollution (Weezing), and land pollution (Garbodor), it's now time for radioactive pollution...

It works when contact is made, regardless of who is attacking who.

And if you think about it, making this Pokemon was a logical step: after water pollution (Muk), air pollution (Weezing), and land pollution (Garbodor), it's now time for radioactive pollution...

Yeah, I was thinking about a radioactive pollution Fakemon, but the "pollution Pokemon" are all weird blob things, so I didn't know how it would work out.

Anyway, maybe this Pokemon will be used by the evil team? Speaking of evil team, I forgot, have you mentioned anything about it?

D'awwww, so adorable! I'll definitely be considering this one on my team :3

Yeah, I was thinking about a radioactive pollution Fakemon, but the "pollution Pokemon" are all weird blob things, so I didn't know how it would work out.

Anyway, maybe this Pokemon will be used by the evil team? Speaking of evil team, I forgot, have you mentioned anything about it?

All we know about it is that they exist and they do good things sometimes, I believe.

Y'know, if this Fangame gets its own Meta on Showdown, then if this Pokemon were combined with a Water Type, then you'd have all the angles covered in terms of Resistances and Weaknesses.

[EDIT]: Heck, a Combo of Lifoam's final Evolution and this 'Mon or its possible evolution(s) would be nigh-unstoppable. or, you could skip the Water Type altogether and give it a Water Type Move, such as Scald. I mean, it'd only make sense for it to learn Scald, seeing as it would superheat Water on contact...

Edited by K_H

I mean, it'd only make sense for it to learn Scald, seeing as it would superheat Water on contact...

Except, you know, broken. Also, let's just say that, Scald or not, it wouldn't be advisable for this guy's final evo to stay out against a Ground-type Pokemon, considering its stats.

Also no, surprisingly this Pokemon will not be used by the local team, because the theme of said team is not eco-terrorism like Team Meteor. Although I guess you could say that, in a way, the fact that this guy exists in the first place could be traced back to them, but still...

Scald might make sense and what not, but I assure you...if you burn... not even a 4 times SE ground type move is able to OHKO, which is a problem. If you top that with the fact scald is SE on ground types and other users of EQ like fire types (which are Nuclom's other weakness) and rock types... nuclom's evo might just become... broken beyond repair.

That aside, this game being featured as a CAP-like tier in smogon would be actually very interesting, yet somewhat challenging. For example, balancing these mons with canon mons is....hard, to say the least.

EDIT: KH means what you said about radioactive poisoning, comparing it to the situation in reborn, and implying is because of nucloms that reborn is so contaminated.

Edited by zimvader42

@zim: I see. So Nuclom's final Evo is a Sweeper that synergises best with a Water Type and/or a Will-o-Wisp user. that's good to know.

@Tomas: it's kind of like what zim said. perhaps the Protagonist managed to convince the Evil Team to not damage their own region during the main game, but their Plan was done anyways in a different region during the Post-game because of a Fanatic Evil Team Member, much like how Neo Team Plasma formed in the GenV Sequels, or how the Ultimate Weapon was fired even if you chose the Deactivation Button in Gen VI.

Edited by K_H

@zim: I see. So Nuclom's final Evo is a Sweeper that synergises best with a Water Type and/or a Will-o-Wisp user. that's good to know.

@Tomas: it's kind of like what zim said. perhaps the Protagonist managed to convince the Evil Team to not damage their own region during the main game, but their Plan was done anyways in a different region during the Post-game because of a Fanatic Evil Team Member, much like how Neo Team Plasma formed in the GenV Sequels, or how the Ultimate Weapon was fired even if you chose the Deactivation Button in Gen VI.

Or you looking into shit that's not even there... Not sure why people just got to make random canon up for something that doesn't tie into any other fan games nor the main series.

@PN: fine, I'll shut up for now.

Still, though... you sometimes need a good Theorist, and Timeline-makers aren't uncommon.

Edited by K_H