Ghost Mono Run

Ganolth

Hey Guys, Gals, and Everything else in the spectrum. I am going to start a new mono run Ghost! Currently my main game, Fire, Ground, Dragon mono runs all have fully IV/EV bred/trained teams with 12 badges.... Plus I have my naughty game that has 12 badges and a fully bred team. So I have been looking over the Mono type post that BIGJRA did and I noticed that there is no Ghost types until after you beat The Flobot. My point is that wouldn't be a good Ghost Mono Run. So I want to know what Ghost Pokemon would be somewhat equivalent to a starter, because I could do a little starter swap. Keep in mind that is the only thing I would change about reborn and that is only happening in sake of a decent Ghost mono run.

I'm rolling with Phantump but no ghost is equal to a starter. Ghost type means nothing can touch you until like the 3rd gym except for the pooches that learn bite.

With one Ghost Pokemon I would still have a hell of a time fighting the first 2 gyms

I think reborn is different from the official games like that as well.

Edited by Ganolth

I would suggest something early on like shuppet. But now that I think about it, a starter is something you should want to use the whole game (or a lot of it until you get better stuff.

I've always wanted to start with Misdreavus. Duskull would be great too

There aren't many three stage Ghosts, so you're a tad restricted with a Ghost "starter." I think the one ones that exist are the following:

-Duskull line

-Gastly line

-Honedge line

-Litwick line

Out of these, I would say Litwick might work out the best. It has a useful secondary typing and it will be able to deal with a problem that is extremely important to consider: most of the Pokemon you face before Julia have normal typing, thus preventing you from even killing them with a Ghost type move. It also is decently strong while not being tooooo good, like Honedge's lovely typing for either defense or offense or Gastly's later insane Special Attack.

I guess Frillish haha, that would be super hard to use, don't know if it is available yet, but it's a good option imo and it's not strong, Phantump is also an option, but it would make the early game somewhat easy, and last I'd say Duskull, since you don't have access to Everstone/Reaper Cloth early Dusclops is not OP, or even Golett...

Hurry up... you need da gastly....

Edited by Vlado Vladimir

I wouldn't use Honedge because it is kinda OP. Duskull sounds good. I would normally use Gastly, but I use it in my main run and I can almost wipe a gym leader with my Gengar because he is always out first. Dusknoir would be an awesome tank.

Thank you Solace.

I am thinking Misdrevious, beacuse when it evolves it still only has 105 Sp. Attack and Speed so it is not OP.

Any other fully evolved ghost pokemon with bases stats between 100 and 110?

Edited by Ganolth

Thank you Solace.

I am thinking Misdrevious, beacuse when it evolves it still only has 105 Sp. Attack and Speed so it is not OP.

Any other fully evolved ghost pokemon with bases stats between 100 and 110?

But I think you should use something that you don't have access to early in the game. Misdreavus is the second one you find... right?

Fine I can save misdrevious until I get it in game. Now I need to find another Ghost Pokemon that would make a decent starter.

I could be a total wanka and use Shedninja XD

Edit: I may use Honedge since I wouldn't be able to get Aegislash vey late in the game.

It still feels wrong though.

Edited by Ganolth

Since Gastly is getting axed will it get removed from my save file?

While ago I think they removed an event and that deleted the Pokemon from the inventory

Edited by Ganolth

Golett is also a decent option imo. It can have Iron Fist or No Guard, both of which are good. It starts with Pound, so you don't need to worry about Normal type's immunity. The problem I'd seen is Florina... but hey, I'm sure you could find a way through it.

Golett is a ground Ghost so the first gym wouldn't be a challenge. She uses Electric and Normal moves.

With the Flobot I think she would be pretty easy as well with Golett.

Edit: Iron Fist and Shadow punch would tear Flobot a new one.

Edited by Ganolth

While ago I think they removed an event and that deleted the Pokemon from the inventory

To answer the first question I don't think it will that would seem a bit hard to pull off...

I can't see that happening. I can't see that being possible. I mean, a lot of Gyarados are still running around from the time it was available.

No, they don't remove the pokes from the inventory. The location where they were found will say 'REMOVED' instead. It already happened with some of Corey's pokes.