Art!

Miss Kitty

Is this illegal

abd5e52aec4c3c1128cf5d232ee0436f-d6qbu8z

Just a note that body back there was just thrown down as an afterthought

I just wanted to see what sort of details I would add to a dragon's face; that, and it's nice to not draw humans once in a while; those guys are jerks :I

Kudos for this tutorial from Mark Crilley for helping me immensely with the scales and teeth: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZScXLo…

Anyway boom

I'll admit scales are one of the hardest details on something to make it look ideally the way you want them, especially if you're a detail freak like me. Otherwise I just simulate scales by crossing perpendicular lines, or shading the thing in if it's more distant from the POV than usual.

I would show you what I mean if I had motivation to draw. Said motivation one of those things that comes very randomly to me.

• Upvote 1

202c75cd9ccb89c90c0ef15de021c2c6-d6r731i

For some reason, the scanner made the image smaller; maybe that's what happens when I try to scan an image in 2400 dpi resolution...

This took me a total of 6 hours to complete; pretty much the longest I've ever spent on a drawing so far, but I enjoyed it all the way; this was basically meant to be some concept art for a character in a story I plan to make, but since she doesn't look much like who I'm trying to create, it's not my final idea for this character, and it probably won't be as she is in this picture. I kinda failed the whole "disturbed insane look" thingy.

• 2 weeks later...

What does even COMET+?

507d.jpg

Personality? What's that?

uv2w.jpg

She's wearing a shirt, it's just salmon colored cuz in-game shirt.

t9xo.jpg

These losers control your lives.

I've gotten lazy with shading lately.

• Upvote 4

DOUBLE TROUBLE

Couldn't upload the first one last week due to my internetless holiday

27738525f298a73c1e9a79119e99d184-d6sx0pw

Parents: you're on a lake district holiday draw a mountainy thingy
Me: thas boring
Parents: Don't care

godamnit

so I drew a mountainscape that looks unfortunately unrealistic; I have nothing to say about this one, other than I guess that it helped my whole drawing backgrounds thing

but I don't think my works are gonna contain mountainscapes

oh well I'll look at this one with optimism
NEXT:
79db5bae2164fc4e691a3b28789adb70-d6sx1ac
On to the real drawing!

Like two weeks ago (the mountainscape being the one I did last week, but I couldn't upload it due to being in an internetless holiday), this is a character I drew out for a comic series I plan to make in the very distant future; this one is more closer to what I imagined him to look like than the necromancer girl did, but I couldn't get down the expression I wanted to put in from my rough sketch of him; not only that but godamnit those feet really really suck and also look like they're levitating... *AHEM* anyway, this still won't be his final look, since he still looks a little different than what i imagined him to look like (similar to Concept 1); he doesn't look irritated enough!

I did the crossed arms thingy a teeny bit better than I thought I would, thankfully! UNFORTUNATELY, his top half seems to be a little distorted to the right... despite me drawing him on my drafting table.

Man this thread is full of regenerating dust godamn those Mandragora summons:

the_second_seaweed_by_roothesnorunt-d6tr

I love the idea of redrawing something you drew long ago (in this case, 10 months ago) to see how much you've improved. This is essentially a redo of some helpless sap I named Seaweed (who I decided to give him that as a title instead of a name now), since I tried to give him the same apathetic expression, sword and clothing. I thought the shoes needed some sprucing up, aswell.

The hair was coloured because I was gonna shade it all in colour and gave up once I realized how frustrating my method was, so now I have a guy with coloured hair and not-coloured everything else. Good job, me >_>'

If you want the original for comparison: roothesnorunt.deviantart.com/a…
Ironically, I still haven't acquired a black pencil for shading.

...I should've done a template for the whole Draw This Again thing but since I didn't even do that this is a good case of how lazy I am :I

(on a side note those feet are awkwardly positioned)

What on earth am I doing

ea1473a6fb43bb26ef3c2dbbde10bd2c-d6ulp0n

CMON' N' SLAM
AND WELCOME TO THE JAM

I decided to take 2 of my favorite (seriously underrated and overhated) pokémon and turn them into b-ballin superstars. How suspicious of me, I know.

I'm proud I came up with this idea, and how I managed to draw them good, but I dunno... I think I need to do MORREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE work and not sit on my lazy ass all day

• Upvote 1

Truly a work of art, Silver.

So this week, I was having an artist's block; what you see above is clearly concrete evidence of that.

That's why I asked my friends what I should draw! Clearly a great idea, right?

(16:14:42) Roo The Fush (Me): ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH
(16:14:45) Roo The Fush: ONE OF YOU
(16:14:46) Roo The Fush: ANY OF YOU
(16:14:47) [Ghost]Requieon: Hi roo
(16:14:51) Rinny: Hey roo
(16:14:52) [COOKIE]God Bibarel: Lol.
(16:14:53) ecnecseiucqA: sup
(16:14:55) [COOKIE]God Bibarel: Hi.
(16:14:57) Roo The Fush: GIVE ME SOMETHING TO DRAW THIS BLOCK IS OVERWHELMING ME
(16:15:01) Roo The Fush: ghfjfjhfeajaef.
(16:15:04) Rinny: A CIRCLE
(16:15:07) Roo The Fush: no
(16:15:12) Roo The Fush: I meant something
(16:15:17) Rinny: a circle in a tree.
(16:15:20) [Ghost]Requieon: Draw a Victini hugging montblanc from FFTA
(16:15:29) Roo The Fush: >circle in a tree
(16:15:37) Roo The Fush: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lemme think of some stupid way to draw that
(16:15:45) Jacze: ?
(16:15:47) Rinny: draw a tree
(16:15:50) Rinny: put circle
(16:15:51) ecnecseiucqA: Kaname Madoka holding a Monokuma plushie.
(16:15:53) ecnecseiucqA: DO IT
(16:15:57) Jacze: draw godot
(16:15:58) Roo The Fush: ....
(16:16:18) Roo The Fush: this is why I shouldn't ask more than 2 people at once
(16:16:29) [Ghost]Requieon: Kyuubey and an Espurr Asking each other to sign contracts
(16:16:43) ecnecseiucqA: Draw Madoka holding a monokuma plushie while sitting on Godot's shoulders.
(16:16:47) Roo The Fush: ...
(16:16:50) ecnecseiucqA: in a tree.
(16:16:54) [Ghost]Requieon: with a circle
(16:17:00) ecnecseiucqA: next to Kyuubey and an Espurr
(16:17:07) Roo The Fush: what if madoka is a tree
(16:17:13) [Ghost]Requieon: with montblanc and Vict in the background
(16:17:17) Roo The Fush: Would that mean she's also Exdeath
(16:17:24) Rinny: ""=sign a contract and be a magical tree"
(16:17:26) ecnecseiucqA: aha
(16:17:27) Rinny: woops.
(16:17:41) ecnecseiucqA: exdeath tree jokes never get old.
(16:17:48) Roo The Fush: voidvoidvoidvoidvoid
(16:18:20) ecnecseiucqA: PLOT TWIST: Madoka doesn't exist.
(16:18:24) Roo The Fush: maybe I should just draw a circle in a tree intimidating madoka by glaring at her
(16:18:26) ecnecseiucqA: well technically, anyway.
(16:18:31) [Ghost]Requieon: shes God
(16:18:48) [Ghost]Requieon: which means time girlie god friend zoned by god
(16:19:36) Roo The Fush: maybe I should just draw a circle in a tree glaring at the right side of the paper and let anyone copy paste a godot or madoka on to it
(16:19:48) Roo The Fush: wait a second I don't know how to draw a tree
(16:20:32) Roo The Fush: maybe I should draw espurr being a kyubey replacement for madoka
(16:20:44) Roo The Fush: espurr's like "yo gurl sign dis paper right here"
(16:20:51) Roo The Fush: and madoka's like "oh not this shit again no"
(16:20:53) ecnecseiucqA: replace Kyubey with Jirachi
(16:21:04) Roo The Fush: but jirachi sux
(16:21:15) Fezzdog: u sux
(16:21:51) Roo The Fush: ok I'll just draw an espurr pretending to be kyubey
(16:21:54) Roo The Fush: bye
(16:21:54) ~~~ Roo The Fush was disconnected due to tires in the Pacific Ocean starting at 7:63 AM ~~~
(16:21:55) Roo The Fush left the channel.

i_blame_my_friends_by_roothesnorunt-d6vg

The most important thing here is that those Espurrs took an hour and a half to draw each

The above picture is the result. Spot the Godot if you can.
Moral Of The Story: Don't ask your friends what you should draw.

Also I forgot to draw victini, montblanc and monokuma (why the hell did I not draw monokuma) :I
also I threw in Sakura as a bonus

(exdeath is the tree at the left obviously)

What monstrosity have I created now

how_everyone_won_final_fantasy_7_by_root

So at first this weekend I was both really busy and really lazy so I barely could do anything but this evening I was like "do something you idiot" so I did a comic like I'm supposed to

Scanner what the hell man you dimmed out the bottom leftish part of the comic you asshole

I feel proud of myself for doing this. Bonus points to everyone who can count the number of things I did that show how lazy I am.
"Try to zoom in so it won't look so dim" -Shantotto

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I FUCKING FINALLY FINISHED IT

e5068b5250b5f2d4349467dc8c6d7fac-d6y1dg7

First and foremost, the scanner is a dickhead and decided to add two little dots above and on the plating kilt thingy. Please ignore that! I might actually reupload it without the dot since I'm that bothered (someone remind me to do that).

The time thingy shits you not; this image took me 11 fucking hours to do, and I'm proud of it (IGNORE THE DOTS FROM THE SCANNER). There are shading and background inconsistencies, but otherwise I'm happy. I'd rather let this drawing speak for itself.

This was a commission by my real life friend, who wanted me to draw Gulcasa from Yggdra/Blaze Union, and I was supposed to be tested to the limit with this.

I can definitely say that I was.

(I've heard Emperor Of Carnage might be a mistranslated term but I don't really care)

• Upvote 2

CHRISTMAS STUFFS BEGINS

christmas_drawings__day_1_of_5__candleha

So basically between the 21st and 25th I'm gonna do 5 Christmas drawings, one per day, with the final one being on christmas.

Enjoy, you old dolphins.

Poor ol' Chandy is angsty at his ability not to wear hats
(People who actually look at the terrible shit I upload will recognize that tree at the left)

Did you know Pokémon is property of Game Freak and Nintendo woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Did you that woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah my scanner failed to pick up swirlix's eyes
what an ass

It's Christmas Eve Eve today if you think about it:

christmas_drawings__day_3_of_5__gen_3_ha

TODAY'S CHRISTMAS DRAWING IS BARELY CHRISTMASY AT ALL BUT THERE'S A HAT AND A SNOW SO THAT COUNTS RIGHT

I just ended up drawing this on impulse today, as I didn't have much time, and kinda needed to rush it to do important buzynuss.

THE NEXT BIG THING

christmas_drawings__day_4_of_5__christma

DAY 4 OF DA 5 DARWINS OH GOD WE'RE CLOSE

Been playing FF9 lately, and damn, it's fucking awesome. VIVI AND ZIDANE ARE MASTER RACE.

BUT ANYWAY I added a christmas hat on to Vivi's hat to make this drawing christmasy

THAT'S RIGHT I ADDED A HAT ONTO A HAT

also these are technically all fanart of something so I'd better start tagging it as that