Team Assistance

Noir

So it's been a long while again since I came back here and there. To this, I've noticed a lot of people do "trades", although some willingly manipulate files for specific Pokemon that one cannot attain at some point of the game.

At this point I've replayed my game and am at Florinia with a pretty.....okay-ish team, I'd say. Here's what my current team comprises of:

Monferno -- Level 25 (pre-Tangrowth), Naive with 31 Attack/27 Special Attack/30 Speed but bad overall defenses.

Trubbish -- level 18, Bold with 31 HP and Special Defense and average other stats, with Defense sitting at 16 or so. Got a lucky Black Sludge on it, too.

Onix -- level 18, Relaxed with 31 Attack and average other stats bar Speed, I think.

Masquerain -- Level 23, Bold with bad (7) HP, and average other stats, the highest being 27 Defense with the rest sitting at around 18-22.

Whismur -- Level 16, Lonely with 31 Attack, average other stats.

Apart from that I do have a couple of baby Pokemon like Cleffa and Happiny in my box with pretty good IVs, if anyone likes them for breeding purposes. I also have a plentifully horded stock of Common Candy if need be, but I don't think I'll need them as of this point.

Basically, I seek to improve my team within reason. I don't want Pokemon unobtainable at this point of the game but I seek improvement such as better IVs or moves with what I currently have. With the Move Tutor out of commission, there goes my plan of picking up Bug Buzz for Masquerain which would be useful for both Florinia and against the ZEL/Taka match, which through all of my matches I've always beeen weak against, although that's because I passively EV Train my Pokemon so I am pretty wary of what each of my Pokemon knocks out.

Things I seek to improve:

Monferno -- Better IVs would be good, and since Florinia doesn't give Grass Knot anymore there goes another coverage move. Particularly not so bad defenses even if they don't matter and 31 Speed. (I'm picky, lol) Although Infernapes here commonly run a pure physical set and there have been debates on things like ThunderPunch, I'll still stick with my mix factor particularly when I pick up Flamethrower through Charlotte, unless someone can provide Flamethrower/Fire Blast as of now, in which would be great. Grass Knot I still want as a coverage move though (helped tons against Terra), so I might need links for old Reborn games (sorry if this is, well, prohibited.)

Klink -- I've honestly been considering picking up a Klink because I've used a a Klinklang to great effect in BW2, as well as being backup for Florinia's Cradily. I forsee it being pretty good as a teammate even if it evolves late. I'll try and grind this myself, but should anyone possess one -- particularly any + Attack nature that isn't Brave or an Impish one -- that'd be great as well.

Honestly anything that can be caught up until this point of the game that has good IVs will work for me -- my early game started off okay, but not as smoothly as the previous rounds I've been through, considering that most of my Pokemon are underleveled and I placed too much emphasis on Monferno as usual. Training is fine, but again -- EV obsession.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willingly to provide me with assistance. I shall insert my rx.data file as I obtain a response.

You seem to have a few ground weaknesses so far, would suggest you a flying type like Ducklet which can hit back with SE water type move? Or maybe if you wait a bit, you can get a Cacnea with water absorb that helps your monkey too, thanks to ORAS revamping its level up movepool it gets needle arm much earlier.

Since you effectively get 2 poison gyms and also the ever problematic Kiki how about a psychic type. Get a male espurr and evolve it to prankster helps lots as well and later its a great team support with those screens.

If you want a solid bug type theres always that Kricketot you can pick up early game, its very useful with its technician ability though it kind of falls off after a while? Just some ideas you may consider I guess.

Grass knot I'm pretty sure you can get as a TM before you fight Terra. Klink is nice, you can set up and sweep, it'll help you a bit against Noel too and maybe Serra. But again, that ground weakness...

You seem to have a few ground weaknesses so far, would suggest you a flying type like Ducklet which can hit back with SE water type move? Or maybe if you wait a bit, you can get a Cacnea with water absorb that helps your monkey too, thanks to ORAS revamping its level up movepool it gets needle arm much earlier.

Since you effectively get 2 poison gyms and also the ever problematic Kiki how about a psychic type. Get a male espurr and evolve it to prankster helps lots as well and later its a great team support with those screens.

If you want a solid bug type theres always that Kricketot you can pick up early game, its very useful with its technician ability though it kind of falls off after a while? Just some ideas you may consider I guess.

Grass knot I'm pretty sure you can get as a TM before you fight Terra. Klink is nice, you can set up and sweep, it'll help you a bit against Noel too and maybe Serra. But again, that ground weakness...

I am aware of my current ground weakness, yes, but I'm not as concerned of that as of the current state of the game. Again I desire things that are obtainable at this point of the game, and I am aware of future options -- particularly more resilient Water types instead of Ducklett/Swanna. For now I'm alright with my composition, I just am picky with the quality of what I have.

I find Masquerain better than Kricketune due to better bulk, Intimidate (which at the moment DOES help with my Ground weakness as well), as well as better options like Quiver Dance and Bug Buzz. If it weren't for the tutor rework it'd be destroying things right now, but Masquerain won't be a permanent or even a significant member as I proceed to the mid-game.

Kiki I'm alright with to be honest. Garbodor helps most of the time apart from Medicham and I can always set up TSpikes to make things easier.

Thanks either way, though. Are you able to do anything?

Seeing your post, I could grant your Grass Knot wish, but having Flamethrower or Fire Blast at this point in the game is just too much. There's a reason you don't get Flamethrower until after Charlotte, plus you can have your upcoming Infernape learn Flare Blitz if you soft-reset a mining rock until you find a Heart Scale (or just wait until level 68 to learn it naturally)

That being said, Klink isn't far from being obtained. I'm pretty certain I picked up a Klink in the Abandoned Power Plant (Shade's Gym). However, if you really want one now, I could provide you with one in the early 20's.

Your Monferno's IV's are good, though. I wouldn't want to mess with those.

If you could PM me your savefile and tell me what move to delete for Grass Knot, I can try 'n make some magic happen.

I'll PM you one separately.

You can find Klink in the very small part of the underground below a house in the northwest of West Obsidia.

EDIT: I'm aware I can pick up Flare Blitz, yeah. Unfortunately I have to go through a series of fairly tedious back and forths and only after I finish the Grand Stairway Quest. I'm also not sure if Fly is implemented yet, but it's also a pretty late feature to make things convenient.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

If there's something I could ask here, it would be as to how Pokemon and items between save files are modified. I'm not sure if this is something I should be asking, but given it's alright to do that I could always just pick things up from my old files. Any clarity is appreciated.