Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Better IV's

Courtesy

Question

Is there -any- way at all to speed up finding a pokemon with good IV's?

I go four or five hours before I find an acceptable (120+ total IV's, speed IV isn't single digit) and then the Wurmple is a silcoon so it's worthless anyway. I'd really like to speed up the process.

IV's imho were always a terrible game concept because it just adds a rediculously high level of grind to an already frustrating process of EV's, eggmoves, and shinyness/natures. Frankly if I could I'd just do away with the concept entirely.

5 answers to this question

How would that even work? IVs are generated once you encounter something, there's nothing that could be done to affect RNG ahead of time. If you could, there'd be no point to them, and let's not start a discussion about that here, it's already been heard in some other topic iirc, you can see what reasoning was given there.

And no, because when it comes to such mechanics, Reborn tries to come as close to the main games as possible (much to the dismay of those that want to breed TM moves, we have to go to E12, which is Acid Land because the graphics go ham).

Not like IVs even matter that much. The difference between average and perfect is a pathetic 15 points at level 100.

Eh, My team has "decent" IVs and I just recently did some EV training while waiting for Episode 15. Good natures are nice and you can to to the Psychologist in "7th-Street" which if you don't know what that is, you will know later. Ability Capsules are sold there as well.

How would that even work? IVs are generated once you encounter something, there's nothing that could be done to affect RNG ahead of time. If you could, there'd be no point to them, and let's not start a discussion about that here, it's already been heard in some other topic iirc, you can see what reasoning was given there.

And no, because when it comes to such mechanics, Reborn tries to come as close to the main games as possible (much to the dismay of those that want to breed TM moves, we have to go to E12, which is Acid Land because the graphics go ham).

Not like IVs even matter that much. The difference between average and perfect is a pathetic 15 points at level 100.

Those pathetic 15 points matter a lot to bugs tho, at least when you're using the weaker bugs. :x

If it's replicating initial functions that closely, than yeah, I unfortunately will have to just power through.the brick wall of IV hunting to proceed. It's just doubly frusting with Wurmple because even once I find a good one, I don't know if it's a dustox XD.

Cheers.

For my IVs i just did the Nuzleaf event and saved right before i picked up a Nuzleaf and reset when one had anything less than at least 1 perfect iv in a different stat, i ended up breeding the together to come up with a total of 5 perfect ivs then bred another Pokemon in to make 6. at that point i just bred the Nuzleaf across egg groups then bang bang! Got myself a team of perfect IV Pokemon.