Team Advice

Warusou

Hello, I've just entered South Aventurine Woods and I'd love some advice on whether my team is up to snuff - whether there's anyone that would be better off replaced, for instance.

Below are the details on my fellas:

fdc3915367.gif

Blaziken | Lv.55
Hold Item: N/A
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Adamant
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Double Kick
- Bulk Up

dcaee432b0.gif

Flygon | Lv.55
Hold Item: Draco Plate
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Jolly
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Rock Smash

1382805c2d.gif

Ampharos | Lv.55
Ability: Static
Nature: Modest
- Signal Beam
- Power Gem
- Discharge
- Confuse Ray

b78d9e1312.gif

Honchkrow | Lv.55
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Docile
- Sucker Punch
- Night Slash
- Wing Attack
- Tailwind

b2a4c1e356.gif

Gardevoir | Lv.55
Ability: Trace
Nature: Modest
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Magical Leaf
- Shadow Ball

974ceef1a9.gif

Cofagrigus | Lv.55
Ability: Mummy
Nature: Bashful
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ominous Wind
- Shadow Ball

Edited by Warusou

Get a Heart Avale so you can get HJK on Blaziken instead of Double Kick, and you should also run Blaze Kick over Brave Bird.

TWave, Agility or Cotton Guard over Confuse Ray, later you'll get Dragon Pulse, so use it over Signal Beam.

Calm Mind over Magical Leaf... please.

Get rid of Rock Smash on your Flygon, I don't know what could be the best move to use instead, but I'm pretty sure most stuff is better than the HM.

The Cofa looks cool, I'd only change Ominous Wind if it gets sonething like Destiny Bond, Memento, Pain Split or Trick Room, but I'm not sure if it gets that by Leveling Up.

To add on to what Vladimir said, if you're scared about Blaziken's High Jump Kick missing, go catch a Yanma since they have a chance to hold wide lens which will bring the accuracy to 99%

I would change "Flare Blitz" to "Blaze Kick" so you wont have to deal with two recoil moves and keep brave bird for coverage.

Gardevoir seriously doesn't need Shadow ball when you have a Cofagrigus and a Honchkrow (Dark has the same type coverage) You can replace it with "Charge Beam", "Grass Knot" (later on), "Draining Kiss" (paired with calm mind it's amazing recovery)

I would say you messed up with Honchkrow, you should've bred "Brave Bird" or even "Drill Peck" and "Roost" (for no recoil) onto it before using the Dusk Stone

You Should "Breed Hidden Power Fire" onto Ampharos along "Discharge" and "Dragon Pulse" for perfect type coverage. The last move is up to you, I don't recommend agility since it's in game and Cofagrigus can set up a trick room for Ampharos anyway. You can run "Light screen" for Utility, or "Cotton Gaurd" to tank physical hits, or T-Wave to cripple Others (you can pair T-Wave up with CG or LS for easier setup)

For Flygon. "Crunch" or "Superpower" would work for it. Heck even "Bulldoze" works if you need to slow someone down for the rest for the team

Cofagrigus would benefit from "Hidden Power Fighting" so he isn't so helpless on dark types and normal types

If you haven't you can do the whole IVs, EVs, and Natures thing to make the game that much easier.

Edit: If you do replace one of Ampharos's moves, replace power gem, Signal beam has a chance to confuse.

Edited by Cmason

i would say a prety solid team you could get metagross or noivern into rotation for diversity

i agree noivern helped a lot with Charlotte (one of the later leaders) combine that with flygon (with rock slide get rid of rock smash) if you do add one i recommend replacing Cofagrigus as it seems very weak towards current end game unless i'm missing something as well as a lack of diversity in move pool it may be able to take a hit but there are better pokemon that can do that while having a better and more diverse move pool

i don't think there's anything else i can add that hasn't already been said

Edited by sandy