[Pokemon Stranded]Your Preferred Starters!

Okay so I have a post about my Fan game Pokemon Stranded. Currently in the game the starter is Cyndaquil. I know not everyone loves Cyndaquil like I do, so which starter should I choose for my Water and Grass type? Any Grass and Water Starter from the any Gen. Cyndaquil is already the fire starter my heart is set on it. I know if I was to play the game and Cyndaquil was a starter choice then it would be no question. So I don't care which grass and water starter I put in whichever gets the most comments is in.

Edit: It seems like people want different starters. I'll take any non legendary pokemon for a starter. Which ever gets the most votes will get picked.

Edited by Ganolth

I don't know, Totodile and Chikorita?

Actually, how about Bulbasaur (Gen 1), Cyndaquil (Gen 2), and Mudkip (Gen 3)? It also fits the order of the types the starters are introduced: First Grass, second Fire, and third Water.

I would like to see a combination of Fire Water Grass from varying generations as well.

Venusaur-Empoleon-Emboar would be a good combo.

Grass > Water, Poison > Fighting

Water > Fire, Steel > Poison

Fire > Grass, Fighting > Steel

It's not perfect, but it's a good concept in theory.

If you are going to have Cyndaquil as a starter I have one or two things to say about that:

1. Cyndaquil was my first Pokemon ever so I'm right there with you on having it as a starter and

2. If you are going to have Cynda, please please PLEASE UPDATE IT'S MOVE-POOL. GIVE IT MORE TO WORK WITH. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON IS SHOULD NOT LEARN EARTH POWER AT THE VERY LEAST.

End rant

I'd like to see a game with non-standard starters.. there are so many good rotations! psychic fighting dark - flying fighting rock - electric ground water - fire steel rock & many more! D:

but if u go with the standards I'd go with treeko and squirtle. This way all three starters would be without 2nd type

You don't obtain a starter in a lab. So that would make it extremely difficult to do a starter of each type. I like the idea though. It would play nicely into my story.

Edit my issue is that I need sprites for all the Pokemon I use and my spriting ability is nonexistent.

Edited by Ganolth

If you wish, you can put Cyndaquil as an early event pokemon. However, it's much better to avoid the standard grass/fire/water core.

Since the starters probably need to have the subtlety of rock-paper-scizor, my suggestions are:

Dark - Psychic - Fighting core
1a) Sandile - Solosis - Timburr

1b) Pawniard - Slowpoke - Croagunk

Classic GWF core (if you're still going for it)

2) Litwick - Horsea - Budew

Ground core

3) Drillbur - Gligar - Golett

Rock - Flying - Grass core

4) Roggenrola - Starly - Lotad

You guys got me thinking now I am look for the most wonky type triangle I can find.

Edit: What does everyone think about Dratini, Deino, Gible as the starters?

Edited by Ganolth

Fairy-steel-fighting could be an interesting trio but there aren't as many 2 evolution fairies as other types.

Poison-grass-ground is another good potential as well.

Whatever you pick good luck with the game. I hear it can be difficult to complete one.