And so the Reborn Nuzlocke begins..

DashingStorm

Hellooooooo everyone~

Remember that thread I made a while back asking for you guys to pick my starter and gift?

Turns out you guys pretty much voted for the 'dile (no not Sandile, get out.) and Mr. Pringles to start my adventure with.

After a lot of trial and error, I actually obtained a very nice Totodile after 5 resets, with an Adamant nature and 31 Atk IV's! As for the Frillish.. Let's just say I got a reasonable one with a Calm nature and decent IV's. (I gave up after 13 attempts, so yeah.)

As for the rules of this Nuzlocke challenge;

- The challenge is set to be a Mono-Water type challenge. Dual-typing is allowed, but Pokémon who evolve and lose their Water-type are illegal. (Example being Skrelp evolving into Dragalge = illegal when Skrelp evolves.) However, the player is allowed to catch a non-water type Pokémon if their final evolution stage has (partially) Water type. (If this is the case, the player must use said Pokémon throughout the remainder of the run.)

- Every caught Pokémon must be given a nickname.

- Trainer only gets one attempt at catching a Pokémon per area. Areas are defined by name given in the top-left corner of the screen upon transitioning into a new "area".

- Only 6 normal Revives and 3 Max Revives may be used throughout the entirety of the game.

- Player can reset a Mining Rock once.

- Player is allowed to soft-reset for Gym Leader battles only!

- Any and all fainted Pokémon must be deposited into the "death box" in the PC and remain there until player decides to Revive them.

- Any revived Pokémon by the player can only be brought back to life once throughout the entire playthrough.

So with the rules written and my starters chosen, let's get this show on the road, shall we?!

Episode One; The beginning of a new adventure!

So I finished my tour around the several regions in this vast world, challenging gym after gym, Elite members one after the other.. I even tried my hand at the famous Battle facilities in Hoenn! Alas, without much luck, I returned home..

A note was dropped off at home, telling me to pack my bags and head out into a newly discovered region, called Reborn. The note cut off almost immediately after saying "Good luck, Trainer~", as if written in a rush.

If you wish to see the actual note, click this spoiler;

Greetings Trainer!

I would like to invite you to try out for a very new Pokémon League, hereby referred to as the Reborn League. With every Gym having its own type, new challenges await you.

If you think you have what it takes, pack your bags and bring this note to the nearest train station at exactly 1:00 PM, where our renowned region's professor, Amethyst, will greet you and be your guide into the Reborn League. If you wish to not participate, ignore this message and enjoy your dilly-dally life as it currently is.

Whatever you decide is up to you.

Good luck, Trainer~

Well, I knew what I was gonna do. I dropped off my belongings, rushed to Professor Oak's research lab, and said I was heading out yet again. A whole new journey.. Again. I wonder what's in store for me this time.

As I rushed back to Saffron City's train station, I realized I brought all my Pokémon with me. Clearly, if this is a new region, they must have new Pokémon as well, right? I called up Professor Oak and said I'd transfer my entire team back so I could start fresh upon arriving.

Down at the Saffron City train station, I saw this.. Lady wearing white and purple, as if she were a gemstone. "She must be Professor Amethyst", I thought. It seemed she noticed I was looking for her and kindly waved me towards her. As I stepped forward, I could hear the announcer over a speaker, saying "All aboard for Reborn City!", as I heard Professor Amethyst yell "Come on, the train's about to leave!", I started pacing towards the professor faster as she started boarding with several other people. I jumped on, completely out of breath, and followed the professor to a cabinet where we discussed how the Reborn League works and why she sent out notes to Trainers of all regions.

I introduced myself formally, and mentioned how I had travelled from region to region and how well I know my Pokémon mechanics and whatnot, that I had won quite a few badges and entered other Leagues, but never won any of them.

"Looks like I picked the right Trainer to send a note to, I'm not certain how well you'll fare against other Trainers in the Reborn region, but it sounds like you'll be fine. Have you brought your Pokémon with you?", Professor Amethyst asked. I shook my head and said I wanted to start a fresh journey, for the full experience of having a new adventure in a new region.

"Perfect. I have a surprise for you when we arri-", she couldn't even finish her sentence, as a loud explosion was heard when the train pulled into the station of the new region- "Get down!", someone yelled. At that moment, I passed out and could only feel my body get dragged out of the cabinet and literally thrown out of the train..

I woke up several minutes later, with the professor by my side. The entire station was blown up, there was no way to get back home, I thought to myself.. I saw the professor talk to some.. High school girl..? She introduced herself as Julia, captain of "cheer and pep". "Nothing peppy about this entire explosion", I thought. Professor Amethyst ran ahead to inform the authorities, as she left me with Julia. As Julia and I spoke, she mentioned she was one of the Reborn League's Gym Leaders, saying that if I entered, I'd have to face her in a Gym battle sooner or later. She pointed towards the east, a giant building in the middle of the city, known as the Grand Hall, and that someone else will pick me up at the entrance to also get enrolled in the Reborn League.

At the entrance to the Grand Hall, I saw a girl wearing a kimono- She looked cute, but man oh man, was I wrong in thinking she was one of those "easy" types. I almost got my ass handed to me before even obtaining a Pokémon in a new region.

We made our way into the Grand Hall and met back up with Professor Amethyst, who mentioned it was okay to just call her Ame instead.

She called me up to a chamber with.. 18 Pokémon to choose a starter from.. Oh man, this is tough..

To be continued~

Edited by RainbowDash