[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

Yeah bruh, that was like three months ago.

Worked more on that field today, finished the aforementioned attribute and nothing else is really difficult, I just haven't had the time I need to get it done >~<

Weekends are busy... I've been sick and sleeping too much... Rip :c

Nice! I've always admired good work ethics...even if it's a bit overzealous. Take your time Ame! We've been waiting a few months already, a couple more days/weeks won't kill us. As an aside, when are you going to start announcing the new fields? It's been a long time since Ep 15 so I don't quite remember how you did it for then. Will it be a few weeks/months before release, or basically whenever you get them done/implemented? And most importantly, I vaguely rememver you saying these will be the final fields added? Or at least coded. Does this mean we'll be seeing a full plethora of field effects this coming release?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

all fields implemented!!!

now for documentation and isn't THAT going to take forever too Q~Q since that's also about rebuilding it into the new field app system for old fields too

ame, we love ya, we love ya game, we love the concept of you working yourself to the bone

but ain't nobody here who wants to see you K.O. yourself while you got a cold. get some R&R we've waited this long im sure we can keep waiting

-looks to the left and see the ravenous wolves that are ame's fan base-

... hopefully.

all fields implemented!!!

now for documentation and isn't THAT going to take forever too Q~Q since that's also about rebuilding it into the new field app system for old fields too

Can't wait to see how they look and how they work! :3

Getting really hyped over these fields. My speculations are: one is the Starry/Space/Cosmos field(probably for Anna and some legends), as previously speculated; a magnetic field for Titania; an air field of some sort for Heather(because I don't want her to battle on a mountain); a treasure field, dragon's lair/chamber, or something which weakens fairies for Saphira(probably the same as the area in which we might capture dragons and some pseudo-legends); and a greenhouse thingy for Bennet(cause forest field is distasteful for him imo).

Edited by Alchemia Chan

• Administrators

Finished field app graphics for all the new fields. Next up is injecting data into the scripts for the note system. I started that tonight and it's going wayyy faster than I anticipated, so I'll almost certainly be done with that tomorrow (about a third done so far), at which point all field-effect stuff for this episode will be complete*

*or close enough to complete that I don't have to care about it.

After reading the past few pages, I'm starting to think the field is an "unstable" field or something. The instability could force form changes maybe the field itself if you're a sadist, you get the idea. Also it would be hell to code so...

• Administrators

ok all done yayyy

took longer than i thought it would after last night tbh

when does it not

but that's another percent jump

and i can post fields now!!

so i guess, what? i'll post them at like 50/60/70/80/90/100% completion

what next? i'll be working on music updates + event updates, both of which i dont atm have a feel how long they'll take, because events are such a mixed bag, and music... shouldn't be too bad but i accidentally left the music project files on my old computer so THAT'S annoying.

but hey.

that's tomorrow-me's problem.

Hmm... six fields...

The Elite 4 will probably introduce at least one new field...

Adrienn may get a new one, but the mist and holy fields already boost him...

Titania may get a new field, but the factory field could also be a possiblity... Also, the field that forced form changes could work to her Aegislash's advantage.

Hardy is probably getting the rocky field.

Amaria is probably getting the water surface field.

The only field that really boosts dragon moves right now is the holy field, but that is just begging for us to bring fairies along, so Saphira will probably get a new field.

And then perhaps some fields for Team Meteor's final showdown...

Hmm... six fields...

The Elite 4 will probably introduce at least one new field...

Adrienn may get a new one, but the mist and holy fields already boost him...

Titania may get a new field, but the factory field could also be a possiblity... Also, the field that forced form changes could work to her Aegislash's advantage.

Hardy is probably getting the rocky field.

Amaria is probably getting the water surface field.

The only field that really boosts dragon moves right now is the holy field, but that is just begging for us to bring fairies along, so Saphira will probably get a new field.

And then perhaps some fields for Team Meteor's final showdown...

Crystal cavern also boosts dragon attacks significantly. Or if Ame was feeling extremely cruel, she could give Sapphira the burning field so all her dragons can get past steel types easier, while nerfing ice attacks.

I've seen much of the content of the new fields. One of them needs to burn.

i second that notion

it even says so in the code.

UHM....You guys are scaring me if you think one of the fields need to burn. That said, metaphorical burn, or does it actually DO something if we roast the damned field?

Could be a hint at something one of the fields do.

Or it could be just Ame being salty about that one field and how much work it took, and Jericho joking about what he saw in the code.

Anyway, I think the Holy Field will be given to El, assuming he's still an Elite 4 member when we get to fighting them.

I personally think it would be out of place if that field was used with anyone not involved with El's cult(I forget what they're called. rip).

So, I think Adrienn is just getting the Mist Field.

I've deleted the last two posts as they pertained something not within the scope of this topic. Please stay within the realms of what is specified in the main post, and please do not engage those who deviate from that.

i second that notion

since there's already a burning field, that can only mean that it can be altered/terminated by using certain fire-type moves.

from the remaining 5 types for gyms, what would make no sense to be altered/terminated (going by type only) is dragon.

there's enough water-themed fields already so im going to assume there isnt going to be another one.

leaves rock, steel and fairy.

all of them could potentially make sense as enough heat can melt rock and steel and, as such, a field made out of or to boost rock/steel.

last but not least, a fairy-themed field could be terminated by a fire-type move; e.g. by mist catching fire

Worse than underwater without water types, or just Amethyst having a joyride with it?

i second that notion

I think I'm sticking with Amethyst having quite the time with the field.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Adrienn will be getting the Mist field because of the changes made to it. I'm pretty sure Ame announced that it took more sludge waves to convert it and now it powered up more fairy moves earlier in this topic so that makes it more likely for Adrienn.

A ruins field for Saphira/ Lin would be pretty cool as it sounds good for dragons because they're ancient beings.

I'd also assume that one of the fields is evil and can be burnt based on Ame's comments. So I'd guess that might be a field for Titania as well.

• Administrators

These altered remixes don't take too long to make at all. That's a nice change. I'm also probably jinxing myself as we speak.
but that's okay, because im a jinx main

Anyway, this is the sort of thing to expect from the music updates. The goal here is to give it a more pleasant tone, but ultimately make sure it's recognizably the same song.

These altered remixes don't take too long to make at all. That's a nice change. I'm also probably jinxing myself as we speak.

Anyway, this is the sort of thing to expect from the music updates. The goal here is to give it a more pleasant tone, but ultimately make sure it's recognizably the same song.

LCQUaBo.png

Edited by Alchemia Chan

Well as it is my first time listing to these alt remixes it is a nice pleasent tone!

imo it sounds too much like a christmas carol tbh js

I saw this on my subscription feed and was like "YOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and then I listened and I continued being "YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". It sounds absolutely fantastic! You can tell it's Opal Ward, keeps the same melody, but all the while feeling like a new hope has arisen. Well done~