[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

I'm not saying a Pulse Butterfree is impossible, but right now it's nothing more than a red herring. It could've been an experiment and was probably supposed to be removed. If it worked or didn't work I could not say, but that's like saying Kaiser Dragon is a super boss in the original FFVI just because there's data of it in the game. I mean if you dig around in Hardcore long enough, you'd discover a few projects I haven't finished in the revisions. It doesn't mean anything though.

I think Pulse Butterfree would be a cool idea, but I take leaks like this with a grain of salt since they're really easy to change within an episode. We don't even know if we'll be fighting a pulse next episode as well.

...And I just realized something I dun goofed on. Eh, nobody will figure it out.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the appearance of the mewtwo armor on abra didn't look twisted, it definitely references something that is. Giovanni's enslavement literally drove mewtwo to attempt to destroy all humans.

The Pulse evolution form designs seem to give off a feeling of impurity of the Pokemon, and the monstrosity of those causing it. That Butterfree doesn't seem to convey that kind of expression in my opinion.

Not saying Butterfree is impossible, but I highly doubt that your linked artwork will be the one to be used if it is indeed Butterfree. I actually do hope it is Butterfree though. I'd like to see how Ame can transform something serene and cute into an apocalyptic hell bug.

Do you see this gray ring around its neck and legs ? This Butterfree is chained. I really think its a pulse. But as Commander said, things may have changed since this sprite was done

• Global Mods

At first it looked like it had a collar around its neck to me, but then I assumed it was just part of the design since no other PULSE has had collars, chains, etc. in their battle sprites.

(of course it's entirely possible it's not a PULSE to begin with)

At first it looked like it had a collar around its neck to me, but then I assumed it was just part of the design since no other PULSE has had collars, chains, etc. in their battle sprites.

(of course it's entirely possible it's not a PULSE to begin with)

Me too at first, but now when I look at it it really feels like something external choking the Butterfree. This plus the one around its legs and arm, I really feel it's the pulse mechanism Butterfree is linked to. After all, each pulse was connected differently to their pokemon up to now. Tangrowth had its arm stuck in big bracers (chains, kind of like Butterfree), Muk mainly had junk inside of him plus a damaged bracer around its big arm, Abra had a sort of armor and Swallot had nothing. Different connections, but several looking like chains.

it looks like a fur coat to keep it warm. I agree somewhat on Commander that this can easily be changed. I just felt like I should bring on the idea cuz it was found in the files then gone later. But if this wasn't changed this would have a reverse effect on the pulse pokemon we saw. It made this butterfree look better, but more deadly and powerful

Edited by Jmanultrax1

Here's food for thought, if this Butterfree is the pulse effecting Agate what if we had to fight it on the New field which was most recently announced (I forget the name and too lazy to go look don't hate me)

How is Bennett going to use the field properly? I still am asking this question till today. I know he can use the field once setup but how will he set it up? I know he can get a rain dance up but then what? Growth with a parasect,illumise or plant wormadan? Or Rototiller Crustle? These pokemon are way to weak to be any use at that level.

Edited by FairFamily

Are you sure the field always start at stage 1 ? According to the idea of the field, the starting stage should depend on the environment of the battle. It would be strange for E4, even for Laura (if she comes back), that the field starts at the first stage. In that case we could "easily" (still E4 member) get rid of her before she can set it up

• Starts at Stage 1 and increases to a maximum of Stage 5.

Yeah, I suggested that strategy as well. Full offense on Laura is a good plan but Laura can open with cherrim increasing her field automatically to stage 2. She then can rain dance to gain another field stage getting her to 3 easily. I think her fight is going to be a double making it harder to shut her down.

Edited by FairFamily

How is Bennett going to use the field properly? I still am asking this question till today. I know he can use the field once setup but how will he set it up? I know he can get a rain dance up but then what? Growth with a parasect,illumise or plant wormadan? Or Rototiller Crustle? These pokemon are way to weak to be any use at that level.

I just guess that if Laura doesn't get back her place as an Elite 4 member, being replaced by Bennett, that he would be in her place, using her field instead of replacing it with something new that would benefit his Pokémon.

Also, he could replace his old Pokémon with someone new like Leavanny, for instance.

I just guess that if Laura doesn't get back her place as an Elite 4 member, being replaced by Bennett, that he would be in her place, using her field instead of replacing it with something new that would benefit his Pokémon.

Also, he could replace his old Pokémon with someone new like Leavanny, for instance.

That's the thing I think it would make him way to easy by E4 standards if he were to use that field. He cannot set up the field properly. What I described were literally all the bug types that could use rototiller or growth, so swapping out pkmn that can get better advantage won't work because he can't get setup on the field without shooting himself in the foot. That kind of disadvantage will result in him being eaten alive by any player. That's not even speaking from the disadvantage from volcarona + rain.

Edited by FairFamily

That's the thing I think it would make him way to easy by E4 standards if he were to use that field. He cannot set up the field properly. What I described were literally all the bug types that could use rototiller or growth, so swapping out pkmn that can get better advantage won't work because he can't get setup on the field without shooting himself in the foot. That kind of disadvantage will result in him being eaten alive by any player. That's not even speaking from the disadvantage from volcarona + rain.

Okay, you win.

I think it's possible El will be exposed as a Team Meteor sympathizer and lose his position, while Laura will get hers back and Bennett will gain enough skill to take El's place.

Problem is Bennett is alqo a Team Meteor sypythizer. He is El's assistant and is at least an accomplice. So if El loses it, so does Bennett unless we get some "he's just confused/tricked " explanation. Of course (in game) Ame couldn't also care less what kind of people for the elite 4 as long as they are strong. Or maybe there are reserve elite 4 members?