[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

Inb4 Amethyst already finished the game yesterday, but wants to tease torture us for another week or two before she says that her computer broke and she forgot to make backups of the game files. If online storage is what she is using to back her game up, the the site will suddenly be DDOS attacked really freaking hard. Knocking on wood. The cloud storage will be unavailable unil December 25th. Xmas present of E16, anyone? Please no Ame, have mercy.

Edited by Tempest Blaze™

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inb4 Amethyst alredy finished the game yesterday, but wants to tease torture us for another week or two before she says that her computer broke and she forgot to make backups of the game files. If online storage is what she is using to back her game up, the the site will suddenly be DDOS attacked really freaking hard. Knocking on wood. The cloud storage will be unavailable unil December 25th. Xmas present of E16, anyone? Please no Ame, have mercy.

That present will be the return of Terra to the forums and to the server. As such, mayhem will arise.

Oh yea so we have to fight 1 or 2 more gym leaders with their Megas (not including maybe some Team meteor agents could have mega) without our own... really great..

Edit: Im curious if Adrienn will have Mawile his mega or he will have his own Gardevoir

Edited by Login

Oh yea so we have to fight 1 or 2 more gym leaders with their Megas (not including maybe some Team meteor agents could have mega) without our own... really great..

Edit: Im curious if Adrienn will have Mawile his mega or he will have his own Gardevoir

How about neither? Reborn would be a little less difficult to play wouldn't it

yeah i'm afraid i also don't really understand this question. but past events have not changed significantly.

please catch these hands right here:

mostly done with alpha testing part 1. part 2 forthcoming after some fixes and other things, and so far it's been difficult to hit all of the sidequest stuff (a lot of it takes some significant time) so i might be counting more on the beta group to spend time on the extras as whole.

that does not mean beta is going to be soon though

Seriously, I don't really care when Ep16 is released, I just wanna hear Ame playing some piano.

Come on Ame, do it for the fans.

That said, if one episode takes approximately 1-1.5 years, and we have 3 episode left, it's gonna be quite sometime until Ame starts working on Starlight Divide.

On the mega evo topic, I think the game becomes significantly easier after 8-9th gym. For example, Ciel with Mega Altaria , was surprisingly easy for me, even without any ice-pokemon. So I'm fine with us not getting mega ring until post- E4.

Edited by thedeath245

Seriously, I don't really care when Ep16 is released, I just wanna hear Ame playing some piano.

That said, if one episode takes approximately 1-1.5 years, and we have 3 episode left, it's gonna be quite sometime until Ame starts working on Starlight Divide.

On the mega evo topic, I think the game becomes significantly easier after 8-9th gym. For example, Ciel with Mega Altaria , was surprisingly easy for me, even without any ice-pokemon. So I'm fine with us not getting mega ring until post- E4.

Gardevoir itself basically dumps on the last 3 gyms, and unless there's a huge power spike I doubt megas will be necessary.

Edited by yooorick

It is already becoming kinda easier the more our teams reach end-game. And i want my games being mercilessly hardcore :P

Isn't there a mod for that? Not everyone wants the game that way.

You want Reborn not to be difficult?

I want it to be difficult but fair, where with perseverance most teams can win. (think Dark Souls or Bloodborne) However if it wasn't I wouldn't care as IMO thats not the game's only positive. The deeper story, characters and world design are what I care about.

It is already becoming kinda easier the more our teams reach end-game. And i want my games being mercilessly hardcore :P

Hardcore's CoM is close, but not at the maximum strength a leader could be at the player's level in the lategame. Neither Reborn or Hardcore is going to sit there and give something without finding a way to still make the game challenging or throw something at you. I can't stop things from breaking the game, but I can promise to throw challenges and stuff that people will really enjoy if they opt out of those things. Ciel is a solid example. People find Hardcore Ciel generally easy as there's so much to counter her, not because her team is bad.

Just hoping for a fully functional Fly. I will die if i have to jump over the Route 2 Crustles one more time

I believe we need Fly to progress in the story, so it is kind of guaranteed to be functional isn't it?

Well, most episodes supposedly don't take this long. Ep 16 took longer for a lot of reasons, but from what I've heard most episodes take something like 4-8 months. So we could potentially see the start of Starlight Divide in a lot less time then you might think. Of course it's ultimately nothing but guess work, and there's no way to accurately guess how long future Reborn episodes are. So take it with a grain of salt.

I've been coming here everyday now waiting for something of worth to be posted

It's pretty much all % hype and I get let down every time.

b8a679030b5946faadf4fba45fdb8a38.png

REBORN! THIS IS THE LAST OF MY HAMON! RECEIVE IT!

• Developers

It'll definitely be at least a week if not more :[

Some fun facts from this Alpha playthrough ft. Dan and Ikaru

If you ever noticed that the garchomp's dragon rush was hitting way too much, that wasn't rng dicking you or confirmation bias or anything like that, it was actually impossible for it to miss due to spaghetti code

Speaking of spaghetti code, grudge also did absolutely nothing despite the fact it said it was working

(these are fixed now!!!!! like/subscribe for indirect garchomp nerf)

Also: I'm happy Dan picked "Burning" of my two options of Burning and Corruption, because man going up to Radomus and clicking Grassy Terrain into Eruption 3 times (if GG didn't trace flash fire.....) is a very effective way of ruining his whole evening, not to mention his chess set and probably his mansion.

Finally, while this is a playtest and inherently more fun than actually making the game, and I know im definitely a small part in the overall game developmentness (especially with my unacceptable lack of productivity as of late,) dev time is definitely more fun with friends even when you're very angry at code that doesn't work. So many thank to Ame, Dan and Ikaru <3