[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

Because Fairy is a specially defensive type, I feel like Steel will be the optimal type to take in against him. If he uses Misty Terrain, he can't even cripple physical attackers with burns. The biggest problem would be Reflect then, but couldn't someone with Infiltrator ability could work.

Please, for the love of Arceus, do not let him have Pokemon with Cosmic Power & Stored Power. They will be literally impossible to kill unless you outspeed them the first turn they're out.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel adrien in going to be my easiest gym.

mega mawile->flare blitz ohko

klefki->earth power/Flare blitz ohko

gardevoir/Mr mime/sylveon->iron Head/Heavy slam ohko

Whimsicot->sludge wave ohko

Any other fairy that he possibly could have cant do a scratch to a steel or poison.I feel that at this point fairy pokemon are very easy to counter given the amount of steel and poison pokemon (that we have)that have access at these moves(flash cannon,iron head,heavy slam,gyro ball,iron tail,meteor mash,sludge wave,sludge bomb,gunk shot,poison jab etc.)

I think the fairy gym could be more challenging if we would have faced them earlier

Crobat or metagross will domiate if he doesn't use misty field because status and Crobat ha after gardevoir is done because that is one of the few fairy counters against poison and clefable is probably have hp fire because remember Noel.

You can't possibly expect Adrienn to be an easy leader! Fairy is among the top 3 best types, (Steel, Dark Fairy) xe will have the best fairy type pokemon along with a field effect to support them and combat their weaknesses. Azumarill, Gardevoir, Sylveon and Mawile, the list goes on. The next few leaders are going to be hard body baby. I know it. It might be a double battle. Hyper Voice. Field effect. Ripperoni

:feelsgd: :feelsgd: :feelsgd:

Because Fairy is a specially defensive type, I feel like Steel will be the optimal type to take in against him. If he uses Misty Terrain, he can't even cripple physical attackers with burns. The biggest problem would be Reflect then, but couldn't someone with Infiltrator ability could work.

Please, for the love of Arceus, do not let him have Pokemon with Cosmic Power & Stored Power. They will be literally impossible to kill unless you outspeed them the first turn they're out.

even if xe has that deadly combo there exists a counter for that:Metal Burst(both aggron and bastiondon can learn it and both can have sturdy)

i feel adrien in going to be my easiest gym.

mega mawile->flare blitz ohko

klefki->earth power/Flare blitz ohko

gardevoir/Mr mime/sylveon->iron Head/Heavy slam ohko

Whimsicot->sludge wave ohko

Any other fairy that he possibly could have cant do a scratch to a steel or poison.I feel that at this point fairy pokemon are very easy to counter given the amount of steel and poison pokemon (that we have)that have access at these moves(flash cannon,iron head,heavy slam,gyro ball,iron tail,meteor mash,sludge wave,sludge bomb,gunk shot,poison jab etc.)

I think the fairy gym could be more challenging if we would have faced them earlier

While I don't think Adrienn will be the hardest fight, I doubt it'll be a super easy one. While it's likely xe'll get the misty terrain, it isn't a guarantee. But yeah, if a Clefable does use Cosmic Power, you can expect it to be a rough battle because that thing can take hits. They also can use coverage moves to make up for their weaknesses.

But honestly, I think the only leader who got screwed over badly was Ciel. It's already hard enough to create a defensive flying type team and the AI doesn't help. The field screws her over half the time with earthquake and Altaria rarely ever uses sing.

• Administrators

Basically, changing the field to corrosive mist or removing it altogether will be priority one in this match.

Remember how in recent episodes Corey has his normal field that takes over if his Corrosive Mist is blown away?

I mean... not that that's important or anything... maybe.

Remember how in recent episodes Corey has his normal field that takes over if his Corrosive Mist is blown away?

Ooh interesting!

Perhaps Ame is implying that there will be a field similar to Corey's. With the Misty Field already released, this would be likely. However, instead of negating status effects, this new field would still have them, in favor of Adrienn's Klefki. Because what usefulness would a Klefki have if status conditions are negated by the Misty Field?

I suspect that Adrienn's field would very likely be similar to Corey's, with the Misty Field being the normal field, and a new field being similar to the Corrosive Mist Field. But that's just me.

Trevo I think you got it, except that a new field (or maaaaaaybe holy field) will be the base field and then mist will go on top. Although the AI probably couldn't do it well, perhaps Adrienn's gameplan would be to switch between them somehow.

I was thinking since Adrienn has revitalized the city, his gym now has something that can get toxins out of the air, like an air freshener of sorts. That seems like it would be able to keep creating the clean mist easily. Although I don't know how that would work exactly.

Excellent.

Also now that I think of it, Adrienne might need clefable or togekiss on his team for fire type coverage options, otherwise clear body klingklang would get an easy 6-0 sweep...

A field that nullifies all active abilities of active Pokemon apart from Fairy types? Sure, more toxic-relative fields would make more sense since Gastro Acid, but meh, it's a guess.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

Also now that I think of it, Adrienne might need clefable or togekiss on his team for fire type coverage options, otherwise clear body klingklang would get an easy 6-0 sweep...

Adrienne needs all the special walls he can get, otherwise spamming sludge wave is going to make the fight far too easy to win. Also Considering all the discharge/blizzard spam, it really wouldn't hurt to have a few special walls.

I think you're greatly oversimplifying things.
"Klinklang is a 6-0 sweep"
"Spamming Sludge Wave will make the battle way too easy"

Also, replace "he" and "xyr" with "xe."

(Should I make a thread about gender-neutral pronouns or something? It's a very simple concept that people just don't seem to grasp.)

Trevo I think you got it, except that a new field (or maaaaaaybe holy field) will be the base field and then mist will go on top. Although the AI probably couldn't do it well, perhaps Adrienn's gameplan would be to switch between them somehow.

Maybe something like the factory and short circuit fields? And give xem several moves that switch between the two.

Edited by bepe

Maybe something like the factory and short circuit fields? And give her several moves that switch between the two.

That could be fun.

And replace 'her' with 'xem'. Crash course in gender-neutral pronouns: use 'xe' in place of he/she, 'xyr' in place of her/his, and 'xem' in place of him/her.

That could be fun.

And replace 'her' with 'xem'. Crash course in gender-neutral pronouns: use 'xe' in place of he/she, 'xyr' in place of her/his, and 'xem' in place of him/her.

Oops, my bad, edited.

Maybe something like the factory and short circuit fields? And give xyr several moves that switch between the two.

Hate to correct you again, but it'd be 'xem' in this case. My wording probably wasn't very good. It might be best to adapt gender-neutral pronouns by checking if the respective masculine pronouns make sense in the same sentence since there's no overlap. A thread about gender-neutral pronouns sounds like a good idea. I'll get onto that now.