Whose Your Ace?

Raviel the Phantom

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still pretty eary game, but I am very positively surprized by Kricketune. Fury Cut and Sing made the second Gym far easier than expected. Though my Ace at the moment would be my Charmeleon, as it hits pretty hard with dragon rage. I am very curious, as to how my Team will develope.

Main: nice and powerful mamoswine

Bug: heracross lately

Fairy: gardevoir

Poison: surprisingly my stall monster venusaur

Rock: I'm only at shade but so far magcargo, (early game my epic sub/curse onix)

Bonus: monotype meta game: scolipede

Edited by Zane0144

Actually, Samurott, of all things. I've been running a Swords Dance set, and combined with Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Splash Plate, Torrent, and sometimes rain, he's a freaking monster. Took care of Cal completely, wrecked Charlotte with Houndoom's support, and did major work on Ciel and

the Meteor Guy you fight right before Blake if you didn't give him the ring (don't quite remember his name).

Shame on me for nearly forgetting Vanilluxe as well. Mirror Coat OP plz nerf. He pretty much spit in the face of Abra, Swalot and

Arceus

Even against a physical PULSE like Avalugg, his sick burns (Taunt) combined with Tauros' overwhelming Swagger allowed us to easily pass through Ametrine on the second try. Pretty strong Ice Beam too.

Escavalier, Gardevoir, Scrafty, and more recently Gogoat have all been pretty good as well.

Edited by BreezyPonie

My 1st reborn team: That one really had no ace, 'cause each team member saved the day in different battles and there never was a dominating one but wellp. If I had to recall a prominent one- It'd have to be tumblr_inline_n145rgyrMb1r58hm8.gif and 20150119045017!Noivern_XY.gif

2nd team: I guess tumblr_mxfzxvHpx81rpn9eno2_250.gif and flygon.gif , though the situation is kinda the same as the 1st team

Poison Team: Gotta say my ace was hands down 435.gif for the majority of my playthrough so far . It was my saving grace in so many battles that I lost count :I Of course, now that my team has reached the point of actually evolving and getting proper moves, good ol' Skunk isn't as prominent but still. New aces include 691.gif , Crobat_XY.gif and shiny_drapion_by_pokespritesgalore-d8zyz

I call him Nova because his fire burns the hottest.

Typhlosion! Once I get the tm for Solarbeam he will be complete.

Modest

Charcoal

Flash Fire

HP 0/31

Atk 0/0

Def 0/31

Sp. Atk 252/31

Sp. Def 6/31

Speed 252/31

Desired Moves:

Solarbeam

Sunny Day

Extrasensory

Flamethrower

Arcanine for me…once I evolved it, the thing's been consistently my highest-leveled mon, because it's insane offensive capabilities mean I can trust it to get the job done. It's very rare that something's left standing once Arcanine shows up on the field. Honorable mentions go to Drapion, who managed to best the Ditto Arceus by having Poison Fang badly poison it three times in a row, exhausting El's Full Heals. Probably the only way I was going to be able to take that thing down with the way my party was set up at the time, and it was really satisfying to watch happen.

For Pokemon Reborn, I will say it is Scrafty and Stoutland. Hey look , SS Ace Team combo. But yes, those two are like my best fighters in desperate time of needs. Scrafty sweeps the pokemon like a boss with its power-up Moxie ability while Stoutland just literally get revenge on the fallen members. (Retaliate FTW) XD. Love those two unexpected Aces!

My ace is, without a doubt, Arcanine. He's blasted through every tough spot I've been in, from the PULSE machines, to that battle with the fake Ditto Arceus, to even Charlotte before she was nerfed. The police force lost a very valuable Gorwlithe when he was given to me, but he's done more then his fair share.

Infernape. I use him on nearly 75% of every Reborn run since it's just strong starting early-game while not being stupidly easy mode like Blaziken. Anything that isn't a bulky Dragon is literally decimated, whereas bulky Water and Ground types can say hello to Grass Knot. Gets priority, too -- Mach Punch helped a couple of times in the past, but I eventually grew to use another coverage move over it and it can hit tons of things super hard.

It's definitely my Super WallTM Gourgeist.

This pretty much XD. So fucking bulky, the strongest SE physical attacks like foul play or brave bird do 75% at much, and that if they have STAB to begin with. Shadow sneak? Knock off? acrobatics? pls. Talking about acrobatics, it came down to Gourgeist's combination of leech seed and phantom force to take down that annoying Gliscor of Ciel. Gliscor's acrobatics, even without item, did no more than 60% (unless he got crit, which is so annoying, but that's what revives are for).

You can rely on Gourgeist to pretty much absorb anything physical that is not SE (and even then, there will be times that you will be able to switch it into something SE and still wall it well enough), block incoming explosions and hi jump kicks and literally make the foe kill themselves. Leech seed+leftovers turns it into a slow but sure recovery machine. The only thing I regret is that Gamefreak didn't give it prankster over pick up. I mean is the halloween pokemon, it has trick-or-treat for arceus' sake.... prankster w-o-w, t-o-t and leech seed would turn this monster into an even bigger monster.

And last time I checked, Trick-or-treat worked different in reborn than it does in the official games: instead of adding the ghost type, here it turns the target into a pure ghost type. Dark type you say? ghosted. Normal type you say? ghosted. Return is going to kill your non-ghost partner? FUCKIN' GHOSTED. Not only do you become weak to whatever Gourgeist wants to throw at you (let it be foul play, shadow sneak or phantom force), but you lose your STABs.

As long as you keep it away from special attackers, Gourgeist might as well be my favourite wall in Reborn.

In almost all games, the gym leaders and Elite 4 Members have an ace Pokemon. Pokemon Reborn is no different. Yet, we don't usually thing of us as players having an ace Pokemon who we rely on when we're in a pinch. Whose yours?

My ace is either Charizard or Liligant, both have bailed me out more times than I can count.

Man, that's hard because every pokemon has their moments, but based on my experience in playing my #1 is Swampert, #2 is Gardevoir, #3 is Crobat, and #4 is escavalier; I know that's alot, but out of them all, I'll stick with my starter Swampert, especially for taking out Charlotte's whole team out single handed

At where I am in Reborn right now, my Ace would probably be....Roselia.

I just beat the Grass Gym, and my Roselia has the HIGHEST Special Attack stat out of any of my other Pokemon. This includes my Meowstic, who is a close second for Ace.

Anywho: Roselia is just solid because so far she has been able to hit just about everything for at least neutral damage. And when she accidentally leveled up too high for me to control her during the second Gym battle? STILL listened to my orders enough of the time that she was able to pull her weight against the Florinia.

I would say though that during the second Gym battle, my Ace Pokemon was Butterfree. Which I realize is a bit of a lame choice, but his Flying/Bug typing allowed him to completely ignore NaturePower(SandTomb) that Florinia constantly used AND Pin Missile did reduced damage because of Flying type AND Needle Arm did reduced damage because of Bug Type! My Butterfree was able to sweep through her entire team up until when Cradily came out and used Smack Down, which is Rock-type.

Oddly, I just realized that I am only using "cute" or "pretty" Pokemon.

My team consists of:

Roselia

Wigglytuff

f! Meowstic

Herdier

Numel

Noibat

Grumpig

I love and overuse Malamar so much that I promised myself I wouldn't use it in my most recent run through Reborn. But before that, Malamar was amazing with Contrary Superpower, along with her STAB Psycho Cut and Night Slash. She was the one of the main reasons why I managed to get past Aya, Noel, Radomus, Luna, and Samson. Sure she wasn't the fastest, but her power made up for everything!

This may be a surprise, but my ace is my Torkoal. With its already extremely high defenses all I needed to do to sweep was send him out and spam Iron Defense and then Amnesia. Then with max defenses it took a max of around 20 damage from supereffective attacks.