Leader #1: Cheer Captain Julia [UU]

Fumble

Since I'm still not the best at competitive battling, I decided I wanted to learn more about each tier, and I like doing Monotypes, so wynaut make a Monotype for each Reborn Leader (including Gym Leaders, Rivals, and other Monotype people), in different tiers? Anyways, this might be a little project you'll see more of, but let's get to the team already!

Previous: None. This is the first!

Next (Florinia, NU): http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15571

At A Glance: 101MS.png695MS.png171MS.png479f.png596MS.png604MS.png

The Process:

Being Julia's ace, I had to pick this one.

101MS.png

Electrode gets Rain Dance, which means never-missing Thunder while the Rain is out, so I decided to start building around that. (Also, all three of these Pokemon were on Julia's team at some point, but maybe their unevolved form.)

101MS.png695MS.png171MS.png

And the rest came pretty naturally. I chose Rotom-M over Rotom-H since I'm using, well, rain, Galvantula for Sticky Web (for those very fast Pokemon, like another Heliolisk), and Magneton for bulk.

101MS.png695MS.png171MS.png479m.png596MS.png082MS.png

However, due to multiple suggestions, Magneton was replaced in favor of Eelektross. In addition, Rotom-Frost seemed to be more helpful than Rotom-Mow when it came to offense, especially since this team struggles against set-up Dragons with EQ.

101MS.png695MS.png171MS.png479f.png596MS.png604MS.png

Analysis:

electrode.gif

Julia (Electrode) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder
I needed a very fast Pokemon to set up the rain and be done with it, so wynaut Julia's ace herself, Electrode? Taunt is also very nice for other Pokemon that set up, since I usually put this thing up first every time. Thunder Wave is just there for para-hax, and Thunder is there as STAB and never misses in Rain.
heliolisk.gif
Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Dark Pulse
This is the main powerhouse, taking advantage of recovery in the rain, never-missing Thunders, and powered up Surfs. Grass Knot and Dark Pulse are just there for coverage.
lanturn.gif
Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ice Beam
- Scald
Lanturn gets some great coverage moves, and it's already pretty bulky just with HP investments! Combine that with an Assault Vest... Plus Scald is boosted in the rain. I chose Discharge over Thunder since rain isn't always going to be up and I want some more para-hax going, since I'm usually lucky with it.
rotom-frost.gif
Rotom-Frost @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Pain Split
Rotom-F gets Blizzard, which is great for dealing with Dragons, along with Will-o-Wisp! And Volt Switch is there for getting out while doing damage. There's Pain Split to heal this Pokemon some more, as well. Plus this thing has a Ground immunity!
galvantula.gif
Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Discharge
- Energy Ball
Sticky Web is handy for outspeeding quick Pokemon like other Heliolisk, Darmanitan, etc. And, of course, Bug Buzz and Discharge are my two choices in STAB attacks. There's also Energy Ball for coverage, I guess. Focus Sash is needed since Galvantula is relatively frail.
eelektross.gif
Eelektross @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Knock Off
- Wild Charge
- Drain Punch
The Physical Attacker here, Eelektross has Coil to set up, as well as Knock Off (cuz Knock Off is awesome), STAB Wild Charge, and Drain Punch (for more healing!)
Export:

Julia (Electrode) @ Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder
Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Dark Pulse
Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ice Beam
- Scald
Rotom-Frost @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Pain Split
Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Discharge
- Energy Ball
Eelektross @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Knock Off
- Wild Charge
- Drain Punch

Why is the spoiler thingy broken... I have a

there... T-T

Threats:

- Dragon types with DD will wreck this team if Rotom-F and Lanturn are gone, as Hukuna said.

- Sticky Web slows the team down, and there's no Spinners or Defoggers...

- Mold Breaker Earthquake. T-T gg.

- Powerhouses like Darmanitan can be menaces if you're not careful! Rain Dance and Sticky Web will solve some of these problems, luckily, but both can easily be taken away...

Again, I'm pretty new to competitive battling, so criticism is appreciated!

Also, next is a Mono-Grass team for Florinia, in a different tier this time, somewhere Rain and Sun are more common than Sand~

You want something to use on Heliolisk over HP Ice? Try Grass Knot to smack those pesky Swampert/Quagsire.

If you want Lanturn to be bulky and offensive at the same time, try Assault Vest: you can run the same EVs and moves with it, trading a bit of damage output with MUCH better bulk. Also Volt Absorb is pointless considering that your entire team resists Electric and cannot be para'd, so I suggest Water Absorb instead.

And I am kinda iffy about Magnezone, that is literally the only member of this team I dislike. As this team lacks a physical attacker, maybe try Coil Eelektross instead? You don't need 3 users of Rain Dance because the only Pokemon of your team that depends on Rain Dance is Heliolisk, and two users of Rain Dance are enough to support that one...

You want something to use on Heliolisk over HP Ice? Try Grass Knot to smack those pesky Swampert/Quagsire.

If you want Lanturn to be bulky and offensive at the same time, try Assault Vest: you can run the same EVs and moves with it, trading a bit of damage output with MUCH better bulk. Also Volt Absorb is pointless considering that your entire team resists Electric and cannot be para'd, so I suggest Water Absorb instead.

And I am kinda iffy about Magnezone, that is literally the only member of this team I dislike. As this team lacks a physical attacker, maybe try Coil Eelektross instead? You don't need 3 users of Rain Dance because the only Pokemon of your team that depends on Rain Dance is Heliolisk, and two users of Rain Dance are enough to support that one...

Yeah, I was looking at Grass Knot when I was making the set, but there were just so many choices... I'll be trying that out!

As for Assault Vest, I forgot about that. Oops. That probably would be the better choice. And I'll definitely switch Volt Absorb for Water Absorb.

As for Magneton, I'll see how well Eelektross works out. Magneton is pretty useful, but there definitely is a lack of physical attackers, so I might replace it.

The only thing I wonder is why you're not using Rotom-Fan over Mow, if you're running dual-screens.

I'd have gone with Volt Switch/Hurricane/Dual-screens to abuse Rain even moar :x

But that's just me.

Rotom-F gets Hurricane?

EDIT: Nope, illegal. But if it did...

Interesting idea, a few things though. I'm not sure if you can change Rotom's form without it learning its signature move, so not sure if you can have that Rotom without Leaf Storm, though Leaf Storm itself is a good move against those ground types and especially the ground/water typings which could really give you trouble. If you need a scarf then an offensive Rotom is viable too of course.

That said you may want HP Grass on Lanturn because Dazzling Gleam doesn't really help it in terms of coverage, fairy coverage is nice but it's unlikely you'll ever have to use it with your 3 other moves that may do more damage depending on the situation.

Eelektross is a nice alternative have to say, the coil set is nice to round off with Thunder Punch, Aqua Tail (psuedo stab in rain) and something like Drain punch. Otherwise, Mega Manectric would be nice? Though it doesn't help much in terms of coverage to say the least...

In Otherwise, Mega Manectric would be nice? Though it doesn't help much in terms of coverage to say the least...

I mean... as soon as Mega Mane drops down to UU maybe. It is OU so it isn't even an option. Nor is Normal Mane since it is also OU ((and stuck as such for some reason unlike most other Mega Mons Mane is still tied to his Mega Form in tiering... which is sorta lame.)). Even still, neither would fly to well with the team as Manetric relies on it unique access to Fire Coverage moves ((in Overheat and Flame Thrower.)) to set itself apart from other Electric types so it be sorta anti-synergy to use it on a Rain Team.

Interesting idea, a few things though. I'm not sure if you can change Rotom's form without it learning its signature move, so not sure if you can have that Rotom without Leaf Storm, though Leaf Storm itself is a good move against those ground types and especially the ground/water typings which could really give you trouble. If you need a scarf then an offensive Rotom is viable too of course.

You can. Their Unique moves are learned like any other move when you switch it's form in game. You can decline learning it therefore it is not necessary to run. However, I will parrot people in saying Leaf Storm is probably good to have, it helps with missing coverage on Water/Grounds and Ground types in general.

On Electrode, it probably be good to run Thunder so that you aren't taunt bait yourself. Yes you have Explode, but... if you mess up and get taunted... you really really are in a pickle if you somehow didn't get up your rain. It would be best to remove Thunder Wave for Thunder instead. Reason being having both Thunder Wave and Sticky Web is complete overkill for Speed Control. Like, if you T-Wave all the threats that outspeed... what is the Sticky Web even there for? TO look pretty? Sticky Web should be your Speed COntrol allowing Electrode to have some semblance of offensive pressure. ((Because Explode from Electrode doesn't count as Offensive Presence. Even with it's large base power, with no STAB and a base 50 Attack Stat... it is doing barely any damage to anything.))

EDIT: The thing about this team though.... it... my lord does it have trouble with Haxorus. Mold Breaker D-Dance ((noting this cause it can still hit Rotom-Mow on the switch. SO it will still take nasty damage even if it is a neutral hit.)) pretty much laughs off most hits you can do and after a boosts outspeeds your entire team and clicks EQ and watchs everything die(hell Outrage would probably pop a lot of these mons.)). Other Dragons are jsut as bad. Salamence and Tyrantum both being jsut as nasty when set up. Both also tend to run EQ for coverage.

I honestly don't think rain is a good strategy for an electric monotype.

I guess you could try some innovation on electrode, like this

Electrode @ Life Orb
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Explosion
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [ice]

Another change I would like to suggest is mega ampharos over rotom-c, because megas are important :) and really, you have a sticky web setter, no need for dual screens at all, because if your opponent can't outspeed you, you hit it first and possibly get a OHKO. And let's be honest, mega ampharos under sticky web is amazing.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Timid / Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Magnet Rise / Volt Switch / Agility

I agree with coil elektross over magneton, so you don't get 6-0'd by curselax.

Eelektross @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch

Your team has problems against things like mienshao, hydreigon and other things (I'd say keep dazzling gleam and switch scald for hydro pump). But they shouldn't be a problem if webs are up, cool team and cool idea, good luck.
If you start getting 6-0'd by set up sweeprs with earthquake you can always replace lanturn or electrode with bulky rotom-h.

Ooh I love this idea! I hope you continue with this and cover all the leaders :)

I noticed that the team is pretty specially offensive though... and I've just built my own Electric monotype today (it's OU though) but Electivire is really useful!

Electivire @ Expert Belt/Life Orb

Ability: Motor Drive

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD

Jolly Nature

- Cross Chop

- Wild Charge

- Earthquake

- Ice Punch

I agree with that Rain Dance won't really work TOO well here... so maybe replace Rain Dance on Galvantula with Energy Ball for more coverage?

err... I wouldn't run dual screens on that rotom-m, otherwise it's just as useful as a rotom-h, which is far greater on the uu metagame, since it can deal with a wide variety of mons due to its typing and ability.

that said, I would probably change it into a standard support mon, since your team is pretty frail when it comes to defense. give it leaf storm and pain split over dual screens. leaf storm allows rotom to take care of common bulky ground-types (like swampert) more easily, while pain split is there so that it can stay longer in the battlefield. both physically defensive and specially defensive rotom work, so that's up to you.

and as others said, I would throw eelektross in there. looking at the team, I can tell that magneton will accomplish close to nothing given other members can already do what it does way more effectively. also, av eelektross provides some more bulk, which, as I've said, is lacking quite a bit on this team.

Edited by MMM

Kay, guys, been working a bit on your suggestions. Replaced Magneton with Eelektross. I'll also be changing Rotom-M to a more offensive Pokemon, and I'll try to find more counters to Dragon types! If only Eelektross could learn Ice Punch... As for your suggestion, Xiri, I'll be doing more than just the 18 Gyms in game, and there's a certain Trainer who has an Electivire... (Hint: I won't be doing this person's team in Singles...) Anyways, that Trainer will be using your idea, maybe with a couple minor changes. And Red, sorry to disappoint...

I might just replace Rotom with M-Ampharos, but for now, let's just see how well this team does.

Also, for helping me, you all get points!

As for Energy Ball on Galvantula, well, I already have Grass Knot on Heliolisk and Leaf Storm on Rotom-M now, and I think that lowering the damage of Fire type moves would be beneficial for Galvantula.

If you habe problem with Dragons the only pokemon that can help you,outside of HP Ice, are: (mega)Ampharos (Dragon pulse), Electrivire (Ice Punch, Dual Chop), Heliolisk (Dragon Pulse), Eelektross (Dragon Claw, Outrage), Lanturn (Ice Beam, Dazzling Gleam) and Dedenne due to its typing but I can't see it fitting in you team or do anything else from paralyzing or using Super Fang!

...oh wait, guys, Azery reminded me of a certain Pokemon that could help take on Dragons: Rotom-F. Welp, time to fix this up again. I also added threats to the team!

Now that this is finished for now, I find it strange how so many Pokemon are "Timid". Julia's not the "Timid" type.