Which starter?

XxSilentWinterxX

I'm wanting to do a new run on Pokemon Reborn, especially on episode 15. I've used Swampert and Torterra and Venusaur in other files, so I'm wanting to use something different. I'm looking for more of a "Dark Horse" of the starters, not the popular Torchic or Greninja. If anyone can give any suggestions, I'd appreciate it! Thanks! :D

I tried using Chikorita due to popular opinion. I immediately regretted it as I kept getting destroyed. I might go for Fennekin or Piplup.

Well, the thing about Froakie and Torchic is that they can'be obtained later in the game, that's why you should consider picking one of them. You could also choose Chimchar or Treecko, not too challenging, but fun too.

Oh. I figured it was because of how powerful and popular they were. XD

I tried using Chikorita due to popular opinion. I immediately regretted it as I kept getting destroyed. I might go for Fennekin or Piplup.

Oh. I figured it was because of how powerful and popular they were. XD

Torchic and Froakie are popular and unavailable late game because of how powerful they are.

Fennekin master race tho. And you won't be at a disadvantage in the first gym, before you can get some better 'mons.

I used piplup on my first playthrough, and with defiant it made the early game fairly easy despite type weaknesses everywhere. (Since things like to spam growl and whatnot.) It's also a personal favorite, so I'd say go for it.