Pick a pokemon for me to train!

Oracle

Been training a bunch of 'mons in my PC, now I'm trying to find new ones that I wouldn't have originally thought of.

So far I have done: Greninja, Eelektross, Golurk, Arcanine, Scrafty, Dragalge, Primeape, Skuntank, Chandelure, Snorlax, Bouffalant, Braviary, Houndoom, Zoroark, Eevolutions minus Flareon (lost cause), Delphox, Chesnaught, Typhlosion, Avalugg, Swoobat, Mamoswine, Darmanitan

Any and all (reasonable) suggestions welcome

umm you can do:

crobat

metagross

lapras

alakazam

noivern

flygon

empoleon

azumarill

toxicroak

medicham

emolga

emboar

magnezone

gengar

tyrantrum

camerupt

nido queen/king

dragalge

aggron

aerodactyl

lucario

porygon-z

etc..

this is assuming you can go back to e14 and have completed e15

good luck!

@sinikuro: I wish I could do tyrantrum! Can't find a stupid helix fossil :(

I actually started trying out Lapras, Freeze Dry is OP as hell haha.

Nidoking is a possibility, don't really want to have to venture back into that godforsaken wasteland again (got lost in there too many times looking for gastly/beldum/mudkip etc.)

(To clarify, I did start out in E14, so I do have gastly et al)

@Nanami: that's a good point! haven't really done much bug types yet. in rejuvenation I have a butterfree w/ Quiver dance, so handy

Yanmega seems interesting, will give that a look.

@Vlado: that seems to be the common suggestion here (at least, 2/4 posts mentioned it).

@blasterman: Can't get zard, already have "tongue scarf" (presumably greninja you mean? or are you actually talking about lickilicky or something)

@Nova: I actually started out in E14 and got the azurill so no egg for me :( That does remind me to try out Azumarill though! Solosis sounds cool as well

Porygon and Azumarill seem to be most likely for next on my list. Where do I get an Upgrade & Dubious Disc?

Edited by Oracle

Got myself an Up-Grade and Dubious Disc so we're ready to roll woohoo!

What would people recommend for the Porygon-Z set?

I was thinking:

Tri-Attack

Dark Pulse

Nasty Plot

Discharge/Recover

I think Discharge is better than Recover imo.

Really? Why do you say that?

The way I saw it, Dark Pulse and Tri Attack already have pretty good coverage, and Discharge will rarely outdamage Tri-Attack if you run adaptability

The paralysis is helpful though

Recover is redundant because there are healing items that heal more than Recover would.

Recover is redundant because there are healing items that heal more than Recover would.

Ahhh true, good point.

Rolling with Discharge then! Agility is also handy, but the paralysis I find to be more useful.

Next up: Azumarill!

What set is suggested?

Obviously Waterfall and Play Rough are essential, but what else?

How viable is Belly Drum?

Update: Trained an Azumarill w/ Belly Drum, Play Rough, Aqua Jet, and Superpower. It's quite useful! Was pleasantly surprised.

Also trained up a Honchkrow to get myself a zubat w/ Nasty Plot and Brave Bird, currently has Moxie along with Sucker Punch, Foul Play, Brave Bird, and Roost. I'm a big fan of this guy, definitely going to try to use him in my main team.

Now onto Crobat: how do special and physical sets compare?

Due to the lack of TMs the special set looks kinda weak, probably something like Nasty Plot, Venoshock, Air Slash, and Dark Pulse/Hidden Power.

Physical has a bit more power, with moves like Cross Poison and Brave Bird/Acrobatics (can't spell Acrobatics without Crobat!), but doesn't get much coverage.

Is mixed at all viable? Something like Acrobatics/Brave Bird, Cross Poison, Air Slash, and Dark Pulse/Hidden Power.