Most Op reborn team

Ganolth

I am not the best battler / player out there; but I'll try to say something useful :)

I have to say I had a similar idea some time ago... also, creating this field was crucial in defeating Cal for me. A team based around this field could be interesting, but I think it could be useful only in some battles.

The rainbow field is "Created by Fire Pledge + Water Pledge, starting Rain during Sun, or starting Sun during Rain, ending with the creating effect." Also, when the effect ends, the field effect that was active before should "return", instead of having a clear field, after the end of the Rainbow one.

So, this field will never last long (no more Permaweather...): before the terrain returns to its previous state, you only have five to eight turns (depending if your Pokemon held a rock).

Creating this field can be done in one turn only if there is already sun, rain, or a storm as the weather (so, even outside of battle) or in a double battle... I was able to create it against Cal because the weather that day was sunny and my Lumineon was able to use Rain Dance. This means that obtaining a rainbow field in battles that are fought anywhere where the weather is irrelevant (for example, indoor or inside a cave) is fairly unpractical: you'd need in fact two different weather setters that could also hinder each other.

From what I understood, the strategy seems to be a Sonic Boom spam, which could result in an one hit KO only in the earlier stages of the game - most Pokemon will have more than 140 HP at around level 40 to 50, depending on the Pokemon's base HP stat. If you want to use the Rainbow field later in the game, then you won't be able to KO most of your opponents' Pokemon in one hit - Sonic Boom could simply be seen as an alternative to Super Fang (another move that deals a fixed amount of HPs as damage) when the Rainbow field is active, but it's going to be almost useless when the field is not active.

In a team based around this Field effect, some Sonic Boom users could be the Magnemite line (that you could get fairly early in the game), and, later, the Electrode line - Electrode is very fast and could learn Rain Dance, which is used to set up the field, but a Heart Scale should ? be required for it to learn Sonic Boom.

Also, unless you want to pull of the Fire Pledge + Water Pledge combination, this team will need a weather setter. When I pulled off this Field, the weather I would set up was rain, and my weather setter was Lumineon, which has a niche, at least in the early game, because it learns Rain Dance at level 13 (as a Finneon), has decent defenses and speed, and is obtained really early. Ame I found a niche for Lumineon (and Cherrim) in Reborn, as you wanted!

To set up the sun there is Cherrim, which, like Lumineon, is available early and gets Sunny Day at level 22. And then there may be Drought Vulpix... (I actually don't know if it was moved or if it is still available early)...

I would prefer Rain over the Sun because it could be helpful to Magnezone and Electrode later (if they'll have Thunder), also Electrode could set up the rain and then spam Sonic Boom; the problem is that Electrode's fairly frail and could be hit hard or crippled while setupping the rain.

So this team could be, at least, very fun to use, but not so useful in the later stages of the game; also the rainbow field is not very easy to set up reliably. This would make this strategy useful only for some battles in the game.

Instead of having a Sonic Boom spam, I'd rather have (if it's going to be obtainable) a Porygon2 or Porygon-Z spamming Tri Attack. That'd be an already powerful attack being boosted a lot (also Porygon-Z is my favourite Pokemon), but then the fact that the rainbow field is relatively hard to set up would make up for that.

Sorry for the wall of text, you could just read the last line of the post and that'd be fine.

Edited by Cyaloom

This is just a theory, but I'll just teach rain dance and sunny day to a tank. Nidoking with Black Sludge should be tanky enough to set it up.

Edit for research results: Magnezone lineage only Pokemon line that can learn Rain Dance, Sunny Day, and Sonic Boom.

Sturdy

HP 6/31

Def 252/31

Sp. Def 252/31

Item: Leftovers (When possible)

Moves:

Rain Dance

Sunny Day

Sonic Boom

Thunder

Edit 2: Not making a Sonic Boom team, but I am making a Rainbow Field team.

Edited by Ganolth

Just to throw that out there, the average base HP stat for Fully Evolved Pokemon is 80, which, at the absolute worst, at level 100, are at 270 HP, barely even in range of a 2HKO from Sonic Boom.

Etesian thank you, because of your picture I tried using Leavanny a while ago. It is my favorite Grass Pokemon now...

Yeah, having to use Sonic Boom twice isn't so bad, but yeah I thought about that and decided to go fro a broader use of the field.

I am bringing back my super Crit Togekiss since you said that. Scope lens, super luck. Or a Serene grace and ancient power setup. My Rainbow field team will be diabolical.... Muwahahaha

With serene grace and rainbow field, won't air slash be a guaranteed flinch? So get one boost with ancient power at 40% and then sweep away!