Chatot and the Tangrowth

ArcaneEli

The First Tangrowth was literally horrible for me. I have a Combusken just Flaming this guy and it deals no damage. Took forever and just to find out there is a SECOND ONE.

(assume there is a hefty curse word after every word)

This Chatot the guy has is literally the most bs thing ever. Not only is he the fastest bird in existence, his Chatter move literally can 2shot any of my pokemon. And he can put them to sleep which OFC works 255% of the time... HE CAN ALSO CONFUSE YOU. I hate this bird more then anything I've ever done ever.

Oh I've also forgot the fact his Chatter is 99% confusion rate and he can raise his own special attack to one shot me. HOW DID I FORGET

Any advice on where to find a pokemon to stomp this thing into the dirt would be appreciated~

Also reading the forums learning there is a Third Faking Tangrowth in a 2v2 battle. Someone kill me now.

Edited by ArcaneEli

Yeah.. well keep in mind the level cap is 35, so you can always over-level a tad to make it easier, but don't overkill it, you'll hit 35 before you know it.

And yes, there is a third battle. It's obviously the most challenging, but it's also really easy at the same time. (i.e taking out one training and then 2v1'ing the other guy.)

If you have any common candies you could overlevel your combusken so it evolves then lower it so it obeys. The extra strength may be enough to take down the chatot, especially if you outspeed from speed boost.

You can also take heart in the fact that down the road you should be much better equipped to take the Chatot down…the last fight I had with Taka I oneshot the thing before it had a chance to do anything other than Nasty Plot. Felt extremely satisfying. I'm concerned it'll get even nastier down the road, but for the moment I'm relatively confident that Chatot is meant to get less…terrifying…during the middle of the game.

Oh I've also forgot the fact his Chatter is 99% confusion rate and he can raise his own special attack to one shot me. HOW DID I FORGET

Er. Chatter has 100% rate to Confuse you if it hits you. It does have 91 base speed, it'll most likely outspeed about anything you can get at this point that doesn't have Speed EV's/IV's or Speed Boost Combusken. I'd honestly advise you to get a special wall or a Rock/Steel-type to deal with Chatot. Even an Electric-type would work, considering at that point, the only attacking move it has is Chatter. (It knows Nasty Plot, Chatter, Sing and Taunt)

Be prepared to face it a few more times throughout your playthrough. You've probably not seen the last of Chatot.

Er. Chatter has 100% rate to Confuse you if it hits you. It does have 91 base speed, it'll most likely outspeed about anything you can get at this point that doesn't have Speed EV's/IV's or Speed Boost Combusken. I'd honestly advise you to get a special wall or a Rock/Steel-type to deal with Chatot. Even an Electric-type would work, considering at that point, the only attacking move it has is Chatter. (It knows Nasty Plot, Chatter, Sing and Taunt)

Be prepared to face it a few more times throughout your playthrough. You've probably not seen the last of Chatot.

Personal Experience: Emolga is fantastic. Once you get nuzzle up, you can Electroball it.

Of course, after that you have MORE chatot - by then, you'd want a solid rock/steel/electric type anyway so....yea.

(It knows Nasty Plot, Chatter, Sing and Taunt)

Is that really the move-set for it?

Next time, I'll remember to get a Whismur with Soundproof.

Is that really the move-set for it?

Next time, I'll remember to get a Whismur with Soundproof.

..That's the actual set it runs at the first and I believe also second encounter with Taka.

It's a good thing it's so slow, it's going to be terrifying when it starts launching boombursts at us.

Slow..? It's not that slow, it actually outspeeds a ton of things- In normal playthroughs. If you've EV'd things up to 252 Speed that can possibly outspeed it, sure.

(Chatot packs a 91 base Speed stat, mind you.)

I guess so slow was a bit much. But at this point in the game having a pokemon that outspeeds a base 91 is pretty likely, and if you don't they aren't too hard to find, unlike when we first face Taka and chatot outspeeds most pokemon.