Trying to Beat Aya with Wonderguard

WhoAmI

Do hazards on the wasteland affect Shedinja? I wanna use it cause I think it'll make the fight a bit easier but I'm not sure if the hazards can potentially screw me over. I know Nidoqueen has Crunch and I think Dragalge has Shadow Ball

Unfortunately they do.
I say get yourself something that could either change the field typing or just get some psychic types that can learn STAB moves within the level-cap. At this point you can have Meowstic [a quiet Female Meow hits Aya HARD], Gothitelle, and I believe Musharna + Jynx.

Another poke I brought with me was a Golem. Bulldoze and Earthquake were beautiful, especially when the tentacruel and dragalge were taken care of.

Edited by The Mistress

If you don't want/have a golem, I found sandslash a tremendous asset. It has very high speed and enough attack power to boost it's STAB ground moves. Plus the shiny looks like Sonic =D

Other than that, there is a sidequest in Opal/Peridot ward where you help a hiker find a room to rent. He gives you an onix, which might be able to evolve into Steelix, provided you can get your hands on a metal coat. That will eliminate their poison superiority and it still is a ground type that can use STAB ground moves.

If i remember correctly camrupt earth power doesn't get affect by the field, only earthquake, and bulldoze.

I wonder if aggron is available around that time yet? It steel type would be useful against poison and ghost.

spike probably a useful move to make during the first turn, it do 1/3 max hp on that field

Sorry to say, but Wonder Guard won't do you much good against Aya, considering half her team packs at least a Dark-type or Ghost-type move.

4 of her Pokémon carry moves that can KO Shedinja, one of them carries Leech Seed which would also instantly KO it after 1 turn- So Wonder Guard might not be your best bet for Aya. If anything, bring a Meowstic (as suggested before), or a Ground-type like Sandslash. Just be wary of her Gengar, Drapion and Dragalge. She's pretty much set to counter almost every type. (Even Steel.)

Just finished beating her last night (2nd time around) and Gothielle and Meowstic-M were very handy. Blew through 3 of her team before they defeated poor Meowstic (left gothielle at 10 hp for some reason). At that point Aya sent out drapion so I pimpslapped it with my Hariyama and took down the remaining Muk with ampharos (poor gothielle got sludge waved by Muk :angry: ). So yes, Psychic types are exceedingly useful because they KO Kiki and Aya back to back.