Small questions.

Kaiser the great

First and foremoth-

01c3f7aab9a3b2a28518edcc705cd067.png

The fuck is this room?

Never picked up on the dialogue before, but Adrienn (I believe?) mentions something about seeing a girl scale the rocks/mountain side/cave system, whatever. Is this girl Terra? I mean, I hope not, because she's annoying to listen to- but that little 'diary' thing you can find in her gym does mention something about sweet little baby jesus Arceus, and if I'm not mistaken, how it helped her in someway?

What the hell is Luna's deal? Like despite her being naturally weird off the gate, she suddenly turns edgy as hell as soon as the lights go out once Radomus loses. And correct me if I'm wrong, but how is Gardevoir up post battle? Don't knocked out pokemon get returned to their pokeballs? :P

I know someone asked this a long time ago, but I just can't remember where it is nor the answer, but what is the connection between Serra and Radomus? Based by the profile/interview (I can't remember which) Gardevoir did on Radomus, I don't really think he would have cheated on his late wife (And are we ever going to get backstory on that?), nor from the sounds of it look for another prospective relationship.

Why is Liligant the shittiest pokemon a Elite 4 could ask for? ( I mean, bruh, you gonna let your trainer get taken out like that?)

Do Julia and Terra get along?

Between you and your rivals, what is the current status on the Reborn League Badge Race? Is Fern ahead of you still? Is he still in the race with him being -well u no. (Not sure 15 spoilers are lifted yet); How is he able to not go in the order you're able to go to get badges, when Gym Leaders you fight are ordered from weakest to strongest in terms of level? Like, he should be stronger than you if he beat Radomus, while you're finishing up Noel. (Unless he was just near agate and the castle for no reason other than to write on that sign.) - Does anyone need the crystal plug now that you've opened everything?, Did Cain defeat Radomus at all?

What do you feel is the most satisfying of the Sirius/Connal 'Who do you stop' scenarios? (Personally, my favorite is where Saphira is captured, not because of her blasting Sigmund [who I can't deny, I think is 'okay' on some level, until we get more information on him.] but because Sirius comes down stairs with a team you previously dunked on like an hour ago talking about "Man if I wasn't so tired I would have won" bruh that was an E4, fuck outta here with that. (Mind you, I haven't done all of the scenarios, I would have done the ones with the kids, but I thought regardless of who you picked it would have made Saphira/Laura the only targets, so if someone below could mention what happens in these scenarios, that'd be great.)

Am I the only one who finds route 1 one of the best parts of the game? I mean, there's something about just how open it is for me that I like. You can do so many things on route 1 to occupy yourself, train, go to the gym, go to agate, clear the main part of route 1, clear up the forests of route 1, obtain those super speshul items and pokemon. NYU?

Are you a snitch? Can you be both Aqua/Magma Gang AND a honorary member of the police force?

What could Simon do to Saphira to get revenge for Tara? Also does this harm his 'friendship' with Charlotte? (Well I mean, on his side, I imagine him wanting to kill/murder/;) her sister prob doesn't bode well, even though she prob wouldn't care since Saphira baddest bitch in the game.)

Speaking of Simon and Tara, does almost every fucking team Meteor duo (Simon, Tara; Rod, Ringo; Eclipse, Aster) need a fucking Solrock/Lunatone? Like holy shit at this point if you're about to double battle team meteors those two are about as much as a staple as their bland uniforms. Those are really the only two pokemon you could think of that shouted "YEAH WE'RE A DOUBLE BATTLE TEAM!" Accelgor/Escavlier (butchered the names but idgaf.), Beedrill and Vespiquen, Octillery (or Remoraid) and Mantine could have done just as well. Team Meteor, despite the name, doesn't seem like they have -anything- attributed to space other than the name and the fact that these pokemon look like the sun/moon. I mean, it's obvious why they named themselves team meteor, but I just want to cross out "B-Buh Kaiser, team meteor has sun/moon pokermans" the grunts in sigmund's orphanage have fucking aliens fuck outta here with that space nonsense, it isn't special at all, nor is it a core part of their party. This shit is just because they're a double battle team.

Does anyone else think that when aster fights you by himself his pose makes him look fab. as hell? (Also good for him, I liked resolving his ending, despite not generally caring about him as a character.)

Is fern a special rank within the meteors? Or is he tech. a grunt or a knight? Do Fern and Blake not like each other now?

Are we ever going to find out -what- it is Cal/Titania did to Shelly/Florina?

How did that meteor grunt get off the mountain after Cain's nidoking pushed him? (inb4 he had to cut off his arm because it was ledged under a rock, but because he's part of meteor he doesn't have the badge for rock smash.)

How do team meteor people get to level up their pokemon to X level without beating X gym leader? infact, how do X gym leaders get to go past their own level cap? (Looking at you, Shelly.) Are the Gym Leaders going to have to be forced to get a new team after everything is resolved because their teams are going to be overleveled as fuck? Or are they just expected to buy enough common candies to restore themselves.

How do Common Candies make a pokemon feel?

What if Lin is really just someone who overcompensates for their small size with fancy lambos and psuedo-legendaries? Also, what if she makes alot of puns about size?

Did Ame get a redesign in the new version? I can't recall.

EDIT: Also if you use dig/dive on the poison field you fight Aya on, shouldn't you get poisoned? [koff fern]

Edited by Kaiser the great

You need the Crystal Plugs to get Solosis and the Yureyu Key.

To confirm Dark's statement, Common Candies do reduce a Pokemon's happiness.

Ame did get a redesign in E15.

Thanks for answering, @ both of you, but my comment on the Crystal Plugs was moreso for your rivals than yourself. Say for example, how does Cain plan to challenge Luna if he cannot warp with the purple crystal to her room?

Team Meteor, despite the name, doesn't seem like they have -anything- attributed to space other than the name and the fact that these pokemon look like the sun/moon.

To be fair, this goes for some canon teams as well.

Does Team Rocket have anything to do with Rockets? What about Team Plasma?

Team Galactic had a good space theme, but not with their Pokemon.

The only teams that really drove the point of their theme home on every level were Aqua and Magma.

Team Meteor have, as you already hinted to know, taken on their name because the focus of their goals lies on the mysterious meteor that's said to be buried beneath the city. It's the main element of the story, so it makes sense for them to name themselves after the MacGuffin they're trying to get.

Besides that, there are several more or less space themed names among the characters, like Solaris, Sirius, Aster and Eclipse. They're not as thoroughly name-themed like, for example, Team Galactic's leader crew, but it's something.

In Reborn, most characters' names are more related to them individually, than them belonging to any group. Which includes some of the Meteors.

The canon games aren't 100% thorough with the team themes; personally I think Reborn is doing a fairly good job.

Besides the reasonable argument about the Solrock/Lunatone overpopulation, I do think there's nice variation on the Meteor teams overall; they're certainly not as repetitive as the canon ones. Being a Grunt in the Canon Teams really must suck!

Are you a snitch? Can you be both Aqua/Magma Gang AND a honorary member of the police force?

And let's not forget our little adventure at the orphanage :'D

What could Simon do to Saphira to get revenge for Tara? Also does this harm his 'friendship' with Charlotte? (Well I mean, on his side, I imagine him wanting to kill/murder/;) her sister prob doesn't bode well, even though she prob wouldn't care since Saphira baddest bitch in the game.)

Simon doesn't want his revenge any longer; that much has been said by him during the Cemetry scene. The whole thing about having realized that revenge would only do more harm, and that he doesn't want to put anyone through the same pain he is going through.

It did sound like he was gonna go for the kill, though.

I asked myself the question about Charlotte in reverse: What would Charlotte have to say about Saphira? Charlotte is the one who told us that "They're people, too." which to me made it pretty clear that she recognizes them as individuals with their personal goals and feelings.

I always wondered how she feels about Saphira's complete lack of empathy for the Meteors.

Does she know that Tara died, and that Saphira did it?

That's one of those things I've been thinking about a lot.

First and foremoth-

The fuck is this room?

It's a special room where you can intereact with the environment to change the encounters. This is the only place where you can catch Sableye.

Never picked up on the dialogue before, but Adrienn (I believe?) mentions something about seeing a girl scale the rocks/mountain side/cave system, whatever. Is this girl Terra? I mean, I hope not, because she's annoying to listen to- but that little 'diary' thing you can find in her gym does mention something about sweet little baby jesus Arceus, and if I'm not mistaken, how it helped her in someway?

I have no idea what this would lead to.

What the hell is Luna's deal? Like despite her being naturally weird off the gate, she suddenly turns edgy as hell as soon as the lights go out once Radomus loses. And correct me if I'm wrong, but how is Gardevoir up post battle? Don't knocked out pokemon get returned to their pokeballs? :P

Luna has a dark personality/character because she embraces darkness as her forté. Gardevoir may have fainted, but she never gives up.

I know someone asked this a long time ago, but I just can't remember where it is nor the answer, but what is the connection between Serra and Radomus? Based by the profile/interview (I can't remember which) Gardevoir did on Radomus, I don't really think he would have cheated on his late wife (And are we ever going to get backstory on that?), nor from the sounds of it look for another prospective relationship.

Serra x Radomus? What.

Why is Liligant the shittiest pokemon a Elite 4 could ask for? ( I mean, bruh, you gonna let your trainer get taken out like that?)

Laura is no longer E4, so that technically doesn't count. Lilligant can actually be powerful if used well.

Most likely not.

Between you and your rivals, what is the current status on the Reborn League Badge Race? Is Fern ahead of you still? Is he still in the race with him being -well u no. (Not sure 15 spoilers are lifted yet); How is he able to not go in the order you're able to go to get badges, when Gym Leaders you fight are ordered from weakest to strongest in terms of level? Like, he should be stronger than you if he beat Radomus, while you're finishing up Noel. (Unless he was just near agate and the castle for no reason other than to write on that sign.) - Does anyone need the crystal plug now that you've opened everything?, Did Cain defeat Radomus at all?

Fern is no longer ahead since he opted to join Team Meteor instead of trying to 1-up you. However, he still has enough badges to have his Pokémon obey his commands. The Crystal Plug is pretty much obsolete to others, but this is a Pokémon game, you're the only one actively playing to unlock areas, right? Cain can technically defeat Radomus

What do you feel is the most satisfying of the Sirius/Connal 'Who do you stop' scenarios? (Personally, my favorite is where Saphira is captured, not because of her blasting Sigmund [who I can't deny, I think is 'okay' on some level, until we get more information on him.] but because Sirius comes down stairs with a team you previously dunked on like an hour ago talking about "Man if I wasn't so tired I would have won" bruh that was an E4, fuck outta here with that. (Mind you, I haven't done all of the scenarios, I would have done the ones with the kids, but I thought regardless of who you picked it would have made Saphira/Laura the only targets, so if someone below could mention what happens in these scenarios, that'd be great.)

Personal preference, but I rather go for Dr. Connal because he's a bit more challenging imo.

Am I the only one who finds route 1 one of the best parts of the game? I mean, there's something about just how open it is for me that I like. You can do so many things on route 1 to occupy yourself, train, go to the gym, go to agate, clear the main part of route 1, clear up the forests of route 1, obtain those super speshul items and pokemon. NYU?

Route 1 is a long route, I like it too, tons of diversity and lots of good Pokémon you'd probably not use very often,

No, you can only choose 1 gang, but you can be in a gang and be an honorary member of the Reborn Police Force.

I doubt Simon can do much aside from hunting down Saphira and doing the same back to her for vengeance.

Speaking of Simon and Tara, does almost every fucking team Meteor duo (Simon, Tara; Rod, Ringo; Eclipse, Aster) need a fucking Solrock/Lunatone? Like holy shit at this point if you're about to double battle team meteors those two are about as much as a staple as their bland uniforms. Those are really the only two pokemon you could think of that shouted "YEAH WE'RE A DOUBLE BATTLE TEAM!" Accelgor/Escavlier (butchered the names but idgaf.), Beedrill and Vespiquen, Octillery (or Remoraid) and Mantine could have done just as well. Team Meteor, despite the name, doesn't seem like they have -anything- attributed to space other than the name and the fact that these pokemon look like the sun/moon. I mean, it's obvious why they named themselves team meteor, but I just want to cross out "B-Buh Kaiser, team meteor has sun/moon pokermans" the grunts in sigmund's orphanage have fucking aliens fuck outta here with that space nonsense, it isn't special at all, nor is it a core part of their party. This shit is just because they're a double battle team.

Er. I guess they can be given other duo-combinations? That'd have to be taken up with the developers.

Does anyone else think that when aster fights you by himself his pose makes him look fab. as hell? (Also good for him, I liked resolving his ending, despite not generally caring about him as a character.)

Custom pose, I guess it's alright.

Is fern a special rank within the meteors? Or is he tech. a grunt or a knight? Do Fern and Blake not like each other now?

He has no rank and they don't like eachother.

Cal did mention what he did to Shelly. Regarding Tania and Florinia, it's unknown still, I believe.

How did that meteor grunt get off the mountain after Cain's nidoking pushed him? (inb4 he had to cut off his arm because it was ledged under a rock, but because he's part of meteor he doesn't have the badge for rock smash.)

He probably got picked up by someone.

How do team meteor people get to level up their pokemon to X level without beating X gym leader? infact, how do X gym leaders get to go past their own level cap? (Looking at you, Shelly.) Are the Gym Leaders going to have to be forced to get a new team after everything is resolved because their teams are going to be overleveled as fuck? Or are they just expected to buy enough common candies to restore themselves.

Infinitely grinding and battling eachother?

..Ask Gardevoir? Probably bad.

What if Lin is really just someone who overcompensates for their small size with fancy lambos and psuedo-legendaries? Also, what if she makes alot of puns about size?

..I doubt it.

Did Ame get a redesign in the new version? I can't recall.

Yes, she did.

• Global Mods

@the badge race: I don't think Cain ever got the chance to challenge Radomus. Fern's badges have been out of order for a while. He did the first 3 in order, then after Shelly he challenged Aya. He could have been lying about beating Radomus, or maybe beat him with an underleveled team. It's possible that Gym Leaders adjust their team to match the levels of the challenger they're fighting, but then why was each badge level cap number chosen for each Gym Leader?

@level caps: For the Gym Leaders, I imagine they have their own badge on them. Team Meteor could have some kind of obedience machine, or they could disguise themselves as normal people when challenging Gyms. Or steal badges. Or maybe their Pokemon are disobedient and we just don't see it on-screen. Also it's not physically impossible to continue leveling past the level cap. They don't disobey 100% of the time.

I just find it weird in general that these small pieces of metal effect obedience. So, did Pokemon past level 20 just not obey at all before the Pokemon League was established? What about these badges makes the Pokemon obey?

@Route 1: I actually really like the area and the Aventurine Woods. The puzzle wasn't so bad once I figured out Bouffalant can remove logs. Route 2's puzzle, on the other hand...

@Cal/Titania: I thought it was said Cal got mad at Shelly and hit her. For Titania and Florinia, since the game is based off Showdown events, I imagine some kind of drama that happened there, but it seems intentionally ambiguous in-game.

@Meteor Duos: I noticed a lot of them use the Roggenrola and Aron lines too.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

For the badges, I always thought of it as your Pokemon respecting you more for having them. A high level Pokemon wouldn't listen to a trainer with little to no badges because your badges are a measure of your skill as a trainer. Then again, do Pokemon even understand the Pokemon League? Who knows. I agree, it's a little stupid.

As for this;

Thanks for answering, @ both of you, but my comment on the Crystal Plugs was moreso for your rivals than yourself. Say for example, how does Cain plan to challenge Luna if he cannot warp with the purple crystal to her room?

Well you never went back and closed up the way to get to her did you? You certainly can't reseal the walls you broke to get there. So, the same way that loser with the shitty hair got to Luna.

@the badge race: The only way that Fern beating Radomus while being weaker than you makes sense is if the Gym Leaders adjust their teams according to the levels of their challengers.

@level caps: I imagine that the Gym Leaders would be able to bypass the level caps by virtue of being Gym Leaders. Since the Meteors probably wouldn't all have the time to go around and challenge the Gym Leaders, I think that T3RR4 would just have given them all her badge and let them bypass the level caps because she's bored.

To be fair, this goes for some canon teams as well.

Does Team Rocket have anything to do with Rockets? What about Team Plasma?

Team Galactic had a good space theme, but not with their Pokemon.

The only teams that really drove the point of their theme home on every level were Aqua and Magma.

Team Meteor have, as you already hinted to know, taken on their name because the focus of their goals lies on the mysterious meteor that's said to be buried beneath the city. It's the main element of the story, so it makes sense for them to name themselves after the MacGuffin they're trying to get.

Besides that, there are several more or less space themed names among the characters, like Solaris, Sirius, Aster and Eclipse. They're not as thoroughly name-themed like, for example, Team Galactic's leader crew, but it's something.

In Reborn, most characters' names are more related to them individually, than them belonging to any group. Which includes some of the Meteors.

The canon games aren't 100% thorough with the team themes; personally I think Reborn is doing a fairly good job.

Besides the reasonable argument about the Solrock/Lunatone overpopulation, I do think there's nice variation on the Meteor teams overall; they're certainly not as repetitive as the canon ones. Being a Grunt in the Canon Teams really must suck!

And let's not forget our little adventure at the orphanage :'D

Simon doesn't want his revenge any longer; that much has been said by him during the Cemetry scene. The whole thing about having realized that revenge would only do more harm, and that he doesn't want to put anyone through the same pain he is going through.

It did sound like he was gonna go for the kill, though.

I asked myself the question about Charlotte in reverse: What would Charlotte have to say about Saphira? Charlotte is the one who told us that "They're people, too." which to me made it pretty clear that she recognizes them as individuals with their personal goals and feelings.

I always wondered how she feels about Saphira's complete lack of empathy for the Meteors.

Does she know that Tara died, and that Saphira did it?

That's one of those things I've been thinking about a lot.

I think Team Aqua/Magma spoiled me, in that regard. But I won't deny your point. But this is the first I'm hearing about a graveyard scene. I'll have to look into that if it isn't time sensitive.

First and foremoth-

The fuck is this room?

It's a special room where you can intereact with the environment to change the encounters. This is the only place where you can catch Sableye.

Ah, I knew you could catch a Sableye here, but I was unaware it could change the encounters. What to, if you/anyone happens to know? Or is it simply higher forms/level of the already existing mons.

~

Serra x Radomus? What.

OTPs, man. No but it confuses me, since Gardevoir knows Bennett because she stayed with them over at Serra's. So unless Radomus caught Gardevoir after Luna left Serra, then there should be some connection, right?

~

Laura is no longer E4, so that technically doesn't count. Lilligant can actually be powerful if used well.

Well, I imagine it has its uses, I just meant that it watched as its trained got taken out, and then did nothing to protect the guy from taking her away.

~

Most likely not.

But why? Ignoring the meteor thing, do their similar personalities repel each other?

~

No, you can only choose 1 gang, but you can be in a gang and be an honorary member of the Reborn Police Force.

The 'Aqua/Magma' wasn't both gangs, but simply because there was two options present for the gang slot. So I was just referring to being a member of a gang and the police.

~

Cal did mention what he did to Shelly. Regarding Tania and Florinia, it's unknown still, I believe.

I just remember him saying he lashed out, if it was atop of the volcano, but according to the above poster, just figured out that meant he hit her. Which dunno how I feel about that, and honestly hoping they clear up that part of the story, @ Tania/Flo unless it is strictly from the showdown thing and needs to be kept such.

~

thanks for answering.

Oooh, I hope I didn't spoil anything, sorry ;_; I kinda assumed you had played the scene I was talking about already, oops.

In any case, you might want to visit the Beryl Cemetry at some point.

I thought you'd been there already. Didn't mean to take away any surprises, my apologies if I did!

Ah, fair enough, that makes sense. I didn't even think much about that before o: The more I know~

It's just that Team Plasma's uniforms, names etc. don't really fit that theme, so they're effectively on the same level of connection to their name as Team Meteor. It fits their goals, but as far as the team itself goes, they're donning more of a medieval knight theme.

Aqua, Magma and Galactic are the closest to really playing it out completely.

No, Team Flare do not have flair, their uniforms look awful >:c

• Administrators
picking and choosing
She's more whimsical than edgy. She likes to live out fantasies a lot. Sometimes that's being a princess. Sometimes that's being a maid. Sometimes that's being the queen of infinite potential.
Pokemon only lose the will to fight after their HP reaching 0. They can still use HMs, so they must still be conscious. Gardevoir probably just gets #done at that point.
I know someone asked this a long time ago, but I just can't remember where it is nor the answer, but what is the connection between Serra and Radomus?

Solely Luna. She liked the idea of both of them being her parents, so she adopted herself for them. Radomus first, and then she probably decided she needed a mom too.

The scene was touched up so Lilligant gets paralyzed when it sets up. Electivire moves while it's incapacitated.
Nobody has lived the experience to confirm or deny.

Victoria dropped. Cain still hasn't been able to battle Radomus or Luna. Fern 's been better focused and has fought all of the post-Agate area leaders so far plus Amy and minus Charlotte, so that makes him about even. I might be forgetting something in saying that. Don't hold me to it, I'm going through this quickly.

The order of leaders vaguely follows a rule from our server league where you can fight any of the next 4 leaders based on your lowest missing badge. So say you've only beaten Julia: You could technically fight Florinia, Corey, Shelly or Shade. You can't fight Kiki until you've beaten Flornia though.

They'd only need the purple crystal plug. There might be more than one.

Being a silent protagonist means you never have to worry about saying the wrong thing.
Team Meteor's main type is Rock, although they do use it more sparingly than other Teams use their main types. Solrock/Lunatone are the main partner Rock types, so they get used a lot, yes. 4/16 known Meteor Duos have it. It probably seems more prevalent because of Aster/Eclipse.
He'd be something akin to a contracted third party. He's not officially a rank within the team.
Do Fern and Blake like anyone?
How did that meteor grunt get off the mountain after Cain's nidoking pushed him?

With difficulty.

Presumably other trainers have ways of making their Pokemon respect them. Those other ways aren't represented in the game mechanics because you're a heartless, silent protagonist. Shame on you.
You know that post-Trick or Treating feeling when you've got the mountain of candy and you're on your 23rd piece and you really know that you should just stop but there's all of this delicious candy staring you down in the face and there's no way you can say no to it because what else are you even going to do with it anyway and isn't this the one night of the year you're allowed to gorge yourself?
It feels like that, and the ensuing stomach ache.
EDIT: Also if you use dig/dive on the poison field you fight Aya on, shouldn't you get poisoned? [koff fern]

The waste covers the surface. The ground's still down there.

'Did you read my diary?'

'. . .'

'. . .'

~

'Please, MC, you gotta make it look like I tried.'

'. . .'

'. . .'

~

'Would you be so callous as to throw me to the dogs for some stupid ring?'

'. . .'

'. . .'

~

and who could forget:

FLORINA: '. . .'

'. . .'

'. . .'

such amazing scenes.

Edited by Kaiser the great

• Administrators

I kind of have a question too, how come the orphange music changed?

The old one was cut from a copyright song when I was just doing whatever with the game because I didn't expect it to leave the community. The new one is something I tossed up quickly to give the same sort of feel without creating ownership issues.

The old one was cut from a copyright song when I was just doing whatever with the game because I didn't expect it to leave the community. The new one is something I tossed up quickly to give the same sort of feel without creating ownership issues.

Oh, was that the "Broken Doll" track?

• Administrators

who makes the new orphanage music is it Ame or someone else?

I did the new one. It's fairly simple/short, similar to the last though not quite -that- short and doesn't feature the broken-record effect... which admittedly I liked a lot so I might do something about that soon.