Common Candies Question

apollo151

So I am a bit curious about Common Candies.

Most of my team consists of Pokemon that evolve into fairly awesome Pokemon with pretty awesome stats pretty early: Roselia and Meowstic being two of my mains.

I know that Common Candies are used to lower a Pokemon's level, but if you reduce them to below the level they were when they evolved, then when they start leveling up again will they retain the stat gains that their evolved forms get?

I.E. My Meowstic that is now level 38 has a Special Attack of 105. If I got enough Common Candies to bring it back down to level 20 or so, would it have higher stats once it got back up to level 38?

I realize that it would be obnoxious to do so, but I have a bit of a problem with my Pokemon overleveling in the middle of Gym leader battles.

I'm pretty sure once it would get back to Level 38, it would be the same, since CC's lower stats while going down obviously. I guess it could go up too since you'd be getting EV's naturally while leveling it back up.

Yes they will. If you level a Pokemon down and then level it back up the stats will be the same unless the evs are changed.

For example, Meowstic has an attack number of 67 at level 35. Common candy down to 20, then back up to 35, without any new evs the stat at 35 will stay 67.

If new evs are introduced or removed then the stat will change.

Depends on whether or not you get enough EVs to raise its stats when you're leveling it up again. If you do gain enough EVs to increase its stats then yes, it will have better stats. If you just use rare candies or an exp.share then no.