Whimsicott moveset

BlackMage

So I just got a Cottonee from the mystery egg and I want to make it into a stall / tank. What moveset should I give it? Currently, I'm planning on Leech Seed, Tailwind / Fake Tears, Protect and Moonblast. Any other ideas?

Edited by BlackMage

Really no need for Fake Tears. Leech Seed does little damage, considering Whimsicott's not-even-that-bad Sp.Atk. Protect is then also useless (and using a moveslot just to get a free turn of LS is a waste IMO).

The way I see it, there's 3 sets you can run, an offense-centered one with Giga Drain, Moonblast, Tailwind/Stun Spore, Hurricane, a "tanky" one with Encore, Infestation, Leech Seed, Toxic/Giga Drain (Cotton Guard is an option, but it limits your usefulness against Special Attackers)(this one is very iffy, you either lock the foe into a not-very-effective move with Encore once you come in or you get killed instantly) and you can just go supporty with Tailwind/Stun Spore, Memento, Encore, a STAB.

Really no need for Fake Tears. Leech Seed does little damage, considering Whimsicott's not-even-that-bad Sp.Atk. Protect is then also useless (and using a moveslot just to get a free turn of LS is a waste IMO).

The way I see it, there's 3 sets you can run, an offense-centered one with Giga Drain, Moonblast, Tailwind/Stun Spore, Hurricane, a "tanky" one with Encore, Infestation, Leech Seed, Toxic/Giga Drain (Cotton Guard is an option, but it limits your usefulness against Special Attackers)(this one is very iffy, you either lock the foe into a not-very-effective move with Encore once you come in or you get killed instantly) and you can just go supporty with Tailwind/Stun Spore, Memento, Encore, a STAB.

How about Giga Drain, Moonblast, Toxic / Stun Spore and Memento?

• Support Squad

For Reborn? A quick drop to Sp Att can mean a lot in game, so Fake tears is pretty viable alongside potion recovery. Leech seed is awesome too considering trainers almost never switch. Giga/Moonblast for an offensive move and then a status move for crippling/catching mons. simple.

For Reborn? A quick drop to Sp Att can mean a lot in game, so Fake tears is pretty viable alongside potion recovery. Leech seed is awesome too considering trainers almost never switch. Giga/Moonblast for an offensive move and then a status move for crippling/catching mons. simple.

Fake Tears drops Sp.Def, actually.

How about Giga Drain, Moonblast, Toxic / Stun Spore and Memento?

To be fair, you'd only ever really need Stun Spore as a way to let the rest of your team do work against a singular tough foe, the Ditto-Arceus, PULSEs, etc. Toxic is an option as well, but Stun Spore does the job much better. Memento is best used in combo with Encore, lock the foe into a move, weaken their offenses, go into something that can then set up on the weakened ineffective move. If you don't have some set-up-ers, Tailwind is a much better move to have when you know you're going down that turn.