How to change the Protagonist sprite?

IvoryOwl92

As the title indicates, I wish to change the appearance of my main protagonist and there's 2 trainers whose's looks I like - Kimono girl and Victoria . I've read a little and apparently it has something to do with swapping files but... before I screw up anything beyond repair, I would like to ask the kind community to give me directions in what I must do. I'm starting anew so don't worry about save files. :)

Mooooooo-ving this out of this particular section ~

The only thing I can suggest you do is to rename the sprite palette to whichever one you want (though I can't recommend this is a safe thing to do), which can be found under Graphics > Characters and scrolling to the Trainer sprites.

The main problem with this is if you switch them you will have to make the separate animations that don't exist with that character such as the running animation and the bike animation

Awww... welp, I can tweak existing sprites if needs be but making animations entirely from scratch? Nope. Thanks for the help anyway and sorry for initially posting it in the wrong section! :ph34r:

Edited by IvoryOwl92

It wouldn't be too hard. All I did was select the head of the person I wanted and pasted it on the existing sprites for surf, bike, dive, etc. It was a lot harder for me since I have a cape on my MC. Animating that worked, but it looks bad haha. I don't mind as I just love running around with a cape.