Ask the next person a question!

star-kin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any solid beliefs on this matter, mainly due to, as I perceive it, the sheer inability to prove one idea as more likely than the other. I'm not religious, I don't live my life under the belief that a god or gods exist, but I'll keep some semblance of agnosticism here. I can only conceive of three possibilities for what might happen after death. Those being:

- heaven and hell, or an equivalent of them, given eternal paradise or suffering

- reincarnation, be it human, animal, something else? If so, the cycle of reincarnation may itself be eternal. If it isn't, what happens at the end? I don't know. Ascension to a higher state of being? Nothing?

- Eternal nothingness right off the bat. Nothing fancy, just an eternal nonbeing.

Perhaps there is something else beyond our comprehension. Perhaps I'm just not thinking hard enough.

Do you think it is wise for us to attempt to make contact with extraterrestrial beings?

Not really, but should we do it anyway? hells fucking yeah

I mean, what are the chances that they'll exist on the same scale as us anyway? they could be as big as our planet, every single one of them. they could also exist on what we'd consider a microscopic level.

But, if they'd would be roughly human-sized and near humanoid – think aliens in media overall – and you found one with a lovely personality, even if you can't communicate with words – would you consider a relationship?

I believe that communication would develop between both species and that our relationship, whatever form it may take, would be able to work passed such boundaries. Science is always progressing and I trust it to be able to make the world a more open and interesting place. On that note, I would certain engage in some sort of relationship with another species because I am an innately curious person (sometimes dangerous so) and I would love to be able to expand my horizons once more.

What sort of extraterrestrial life do you think is out there?

im glad im not the only one in for some xenophilic tentacle action

our universe is so incredibly vast; so all kinds. civilizations, jungles, you name it.

however, it think humanity follows a rather narrow line of thought imagining it; using only a basic of our own biology and measure of intelligence. i'm skeptical to E.T, I think we'd need to go more outside the box as for what constitutes as "intelligent life". Also, a fucking ton of microbiological life, perhaps even on our neighboring planets.

in response to all the immigration/refugee politics rising now, if your country truly and utterly went to shit, what would you do?

What it will be: first an accountant, then a civil servant, then a diplomat, and finally a teacher in my retirement. For me, there is no distinction between dreams and goals.

What would your idea of 'success' be?

Wherever I am and whatever I am doing, feeling proud of myself and thinking that I'm doing what I really want to do at that moment. Not falling in a situation where I must work in things I don't like. I don't think success should be related to wealth or fame, but to happiness and fulfillment. In my case, I would like to end up as an engine programmer in the real time interactive simulation industry.

If you could have one political measure taken in your country (creating or removing a law for example), what would it be?

Edited by Lugruf

I don't trust myself to make big decisions for all the people, so I'd probably just do something small. Harsher punishments for sexual predators is what I'd go with at the moment; it's amazing what they get away with to little or no consequence. Just read an article in today's metro, a social worker – and previously convicted sexual harasser – trying to bring already disadvantaged girls to his cottage to molest them. He gets a slightly reduced salary for 30 days, but gets to keep his job. So I just brought my homegal and my sister pepper spray :c

if you could get away with punching a person in the face to no personal consequence, who'd you choose?

hard mode for americans: not donald trump

Hitting people is vulgar. Why should I lower myself and my adversary to there level of beasts, with such a coarse brawl? I've never had to strike any person or creature, not even a dog, and I hope that's how my life will continue. Besides, it's much better to settle differences with other tools that humans have exclusive access to: direct speech, indirect speech, and the power of the mind to gather a following.

What's your favourite insect?

sleep?

your insect question fucked me up a bit Virid, I read it on the train before and i wanna say eyed elater or praying mantis but I really really feel like im forgetting something and since that something supposedly is my favorite insect i dont know how i could have forgotten it in the first place.

may be im just tired

if you could go to sleep and wake up again in 100 years, unaged, would you? and in that case, when would you do it? caution: unaged doesn't mean rejuvenated

I haven't seen any of them

except SAO

it was ah, well the first part was rather enjoyable but once they left SAO and moved onto flying elf game things got a bit... uh... you know *cough* tentalce scene *cough* I stopped watching all together after a few episodes into season 2 so it may have picked up from there but from what I've seen of it, all right followed by crap

You have to create a new title for your head of state, what is it?

Edited by Narckarth

200px-Flag_of_the_Second_Spanish_Republi

President of the Spanish Republic.

If you had a genie that would give you three wishes, but you knew that he would try to cheat you with every wish you asked, what would you ask for? (You can't wish for more wishes, more genies or more lamps)

I'd consult with my uncles first, who are distinguished lawyers, and chart out a series of requests that avoid the loopholes that the genie might entrap or cheat us with. After having drawn up a charter, we would then first request for a series of unconditional unilateral transfers of clean and approved dollars into an account in our joint name, of a specified bank on a specified tax haven, retaining the power of on-demand withdrawals and applications for fresh cash flows without delay or demur and without legal consequence wherein the source of such funds are concerned.

Since money solves most problems, we would then reserve the right to apply for fresh requests at a later unspecified date, and therefore place the genie in a secure location until such time as deemed necessary. If I had to make a guess, my next request would be for the genie to grant me the power to fulfil my own wishes, subject to conditions stipulated. Then I would not have a need for the third wish, and so I can wish away the genie so that he ceases to exist, and I will be the sole power in this world. MWAHAHAHA!

Ahem. Anyways, that is all hypothesis.

What would you do if you had a bucket and a stick?

Knowing me, I would probably swirl the stick inside the bucket a few times to listen to the noise. Then I would prop up the bucket using the stick, upside down, then place some bait under the bucket and wait to see if that actually works.

What is your least favourite food?