Ask the next person a question!

star-kin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to a relative or friend who has puppies and secretly abstract one while no one notices. Either that or make friends with the puppy and feed it and play with it so much that the two of you can't be without each other anymore, and so your relation/friend has to give you that puppy!

Will you get a dog, then, by any means?

Going by your method, probably not. None of my relatives have dogs. Some of them used to have a dog called Cara, but she died last year. So no luck there.

Also, I don't actually know where my friends who have dogs live. So that's unfortunate.

Whether or not I ever get a dog is another question entirely. There are many factors to take into consideration and I don't have answers for any of them yet. Will my eventual grantcareer me enough time to look after a dog? Could a significant other help in that regard? Is a dog the best pet for me? Who knows.

Speaking of other pets, there are a plethora of interesting animals to go for. Some that require less effort than others to care for them properly. A friend of mine has a bearded dragon, which is interesting.

So then, if not a dog, what pet would you choose?

Dogs or nothing. No other animal can be man's true best friend the way a dog so quintessentially is.

In answer to your statements: getting a dog is the best thing for your existence, no other pet is worth half as much as a dog, and if I with my existing careers can afford to have TWO dogs then you certainly can. Better get it now so that it'll wean out of the demanding puppyhood before you get busier. Older dogs are more lazy and won't pee inside and chew up stuff so much.

So, when are you getting a dog?

they have a dog at my job, his name is cookie and he's a toy poodle and he's gonna get me fired because he's ruining my discipline. the owner calls him "my son", which is a great indicator of a decent human being.

but viri clearly you haven't had a cat. i thought dogs was the only light in my life until i got cats; now i swing both ways. u should try it

im gonna work, get some sweet cash and then hopefully travel somewhere

should dogs be implemented at every daycare, school and retirement home?

Yes. The more dogs the better. Dogs should be everywhere and they should be preventing all of us from working or worrying about anything because we're too busy hugging them and playing with them.

Cats are not as good as dogs. There, I said it. Challenge me.

What on earth makes you think a cat can be a better companion in any significant way to a man than a dog?

i don't think they're better. but, in some circumstances, they might prove themselves an equal replacement. i couldn't have a dog right now, because im gone all day and i don't have the spare cash, but my cats will be outside all day and then sit on the porch when I get home and jump straight up my arms, like, i don't even have to bend down, im 5'7, and they hit me straight in the chest every time. then they - well, one of them - will sit in my lap while i eat dinner, and when im done and put down the plate she'll eat the leftovers. if im otherwise alone, they'll sleep on me. whenever i approach they beg for bellyrubs or whatnot. i can put her - the male is too big and heavy - in the front pocket of my fav hoodie and she'll stay there while i cook/bake. i have to lock them out of the bathroom to prevent them from watching me shower/sit in my lap while i do my business

they're equal part the cuddles, happiness from just being around you, and personality for half the maintenance. and they don't make you feel guilty when you don't play with them.

however, they don't have the same emotional intelligence and lifespan that most dogs have, which is why i'd rather have a dog; they make better friends.

the earth is under attack from aliens, and in order to be able to make quick countermeasures, we're electing a temporary overlord that will be in charge of all the world's resources. who would you cast your vote for?

In all honesty, I'd let the aliens attack, really. I'd probably join 'em , too, because we all know their UFO is gonna be a giant Magnezone, and the aliens themselves are an advanced race of deoxysians.

Why do people ask silly hypothetical questions that have no bearing on any real aspect?

im assuming that the majority of all questions here boils down to two things. one, things they're interested in what people has to say about, and two, the first thing that pops to mind

the previous question is a one for me. and this is the second time – third if you count asking how i let this thread succumb to such lows, previous to the creation of the philosophy thread – you jump on me for the questions i ask here, are they honestly bothering you..?

which isn't my next person question, my next person question is:

do you value honesty or selflessness more in other people?

Either here in Minnesota, cause I love to boat and snowmobile, Switzerland cause I could work at CERN and the LHC, or Costa Rica, because it is immaculate and beautiful.

EDIT: Why can I not remember to ask a question?

If you had to change your username, what would you change it to?

batman: the animated series

i really really didnt watch much tv as a kid, i mostly just read books. batman just used to be at a convenient time for tv watching; while i had breakfast. i still think its good thou

if you were to become famous, what would you rather be famous for?