Ask the next person a question!

star-kin

I like Denmark very much, thank you. And the only other countries I could ever imagine or would want to live in would be Sweden or Norway. So my answer is Scandinavia.

What is the thing you hate the most about Ame?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's a weird question. she's perfectly likable in every way i can think of

scandinavia is fine, scandinavians on the other hand...

welp ninja'd. i don't really know what my all-time favorite book is, there's so much to pick from, but my current favorite and latest read is the windup girl. rec upcoming!

should some books be obligatory reading in schools? if so, which? or alternatively, if some books were to become obligatory reading no matter what, which ones should it be?

No they shouldn't.

Some people don't like to read books and I think it's dumb to force it.

Additionally, those who DO read have different tastes and may not enjoy being subjected to reading a book that they don't enjoy reading.

I had to read a book "The uncommon reader" for my exams and it SUCKED, I hate that book, it's awful, but I was forced to read it.

And I lost interest in reading years ago.

So yeah.

No.

Should not be obligatory.

The only book series I can remember really enjoying right now was SKULDUGGERY PLEASANT, and I would recommend reading it because it's friggin awesome and I wish they'd make movies of it except it would have to be rated like 15s because of all the gorey stuff in it.

But I wouldn't recommend it for school reading because not everyone's into that kinda thing.

For school reading if I HAD TO recommend a book, I guess I'd go with "I am the cheese" because it's an interesting one.

Definitely not garbage like To kill a mockingbird.

That book also sucks and it's super boring.

Sorry, I'm just not a fan of the classics I guess \o/

If you could instantly learn to play an instrument at a professional level, what would it be?

that can be interpreted in so many ways. is it basically a free wish if i stretch it far enough? "i wish the nature of my wallet/relationship status/place in society wasn't what it was"?

i think that if a genie asked me this i would have an existential crisis trying to figure something out, but since this is a pokémon forum and thus not actually wish-granting, the first thing that pops to mind – and this is most likely from starting to associate Viridescent with dogs by now – i would like to alter the nature of dog breeding. it's like every fucking dog breed they're fucking up more and more. even the german shephard was a much better, healthier dog 70 years ago. chihuahuas and pugs must be stopped

editing to add: "better" as in "more physically capable", im not insulting german shephards, let me live

editing again because i edited out my question and then forgot what it was

what's your relation to alcohol?

Edited by Halloween

i'm writing about the trolley problem

in the history thread of all places cause clearly it needs more to be all over more threads. so many long-winded threads rn i wish i had more time to argue metaphysics

when are you at your absolute best?

All the time, any time *twirls moustache*

Quite seriously, I can rise to the occasion if need be at any period, but if you ask me when I'm in the best of moods (and consequently when I can be considered to be at my physical, mental and spiritual best) is at sunrise. You'll usually find me peacefully meditating or solving cryptic crosswords at dawn with a up of coffee at hand and a dog at my feet.

When are YOU at your best?

when i have a lot to do, and im working on it with people i love (and gives me good feedback). i think that overall, too much free times makes me unhappy; i need to have a purpose or i just get restless and anxious, which in turn makes me even more unproductive.

doing weekend creative project stands out for this; just 48 hours of no sleep and a clear directive – i might be exhausted at the end of it, but i feel extraordinarily good about myself.

i'm a night person. i wouldn't say that i'm unproductive before 4pm - when i work, i work - but it definitely picks up after everyone else leaves the office, if im doing a creative job.

do you function the best in teams or alone?

I function at my peak whenever and however. Going substandard is not an option and is very definitely not linked to the environment or the behaviour of others. When alone, I work excellently, when in a team, I seek to perform my aspects of the work excellently, and ensure that the persons who need to cooperate with me, do so, because I loathe the idea of another person affecting my quality of work by their incompetence. Doesn't mean I do their work for them; I just make them do their job as well as I do mine. That's often the case when I've to work with some other students on a joint audit case.

Of course, I can lead capably when the situation calls for it, and I tend to notice that when real mettle is tested people almost automatically fall back on me, and obey when I ask them to perform. For the most part, however, I allow others to lead for day-to-day affairs, as long as they do what is in the best interest of the team. As per the classifications that textbooks love to make, I'd fall into the 'quiet leader' category. I've been told that my leadership is cautious but sound.

Now, interview done, I'll ask the same question of you.

that you're constantly bouncing my questions back to me is making me realize how uninspired my questions are... is that intentional?

i work better in teams with people i know well, and better alone than with people i don't know. i like to think that tuckman's stages of team development are more or less accurate, and i have my stage four perform team, my fellowship of the ring, my golden trio, Enterprise crew, all packed up and ready except that we all constantly move countries, and nothing compares to them. my position in a team is a mixture between the "brute force" and the "bard"; i make up being unorganized and flimsy by being fucking hardcore, and while im an inefficient leader, i'm quite good at feedback, mood-making and driving things forward.

trying to come up with questions that i would like to answer myself, since you might volleyball them straight back into my temple is considerably more arduous than just writing what comes to mind. how do you picture your life at 50?

Tired, successful, cynical civil servant, most likely... In another ten years I'd be a professor at a university, because I always knew I would be a teacher in older age. Before then, I have to go through the cycles of accountant, junior bureaucrat and banker.

Bouncing it back.

i was wondering why i could suddenly see you in threads, but realized it's probably because you're on your phone or something.

i don't really know how i want to balance the things that are important to me. while working on creative projects with my friends – that's what i picture doing for a living. i would like to have a studio, and i would like to make short films on the side.

but both 3d work and making short films eats your time, and i'd want to have a family as well. be a better parent than my dad and be at least half as good as my mother even if she says she thought i'd end up at a group home for the mentally ill. and of course i will want to keep trying to make a difference in the issues that matter the most to me; possibly through the aforementioned short films. thailand, specifically; all countries have issues, thailand's issues are so many and so often ignored that they resound harder than others with me.

i hope i have calmed down by 50, but i'm not sure if i will.

do you believe people's natures can change? i'm not talking about change as in career aspirations, but as in the fundamental cores of their personalities.

YES

In fact, I think almost everyone changes just because life subjects them to certain situations that change who they are!

That's my opinion anyway.

Is it just me or is Viri like the epitome of every anime character that's got glasses and is top of the class ever?

no, Viridescent is better than them

and i think there's like, a core to every human being that's utterly stagnant; a part of me that is 100% the same person that tried to eat the christmas tree on my first christmas.

what kind of art and posters do you have/would you like to in your home?

The sad thing in life is that people do not change. Who a person is can change, but not what he is made of. People grow and regress, in different directions, but their core nature is seldom if ever changeable. Think of it like a stem cell: once a character has hardened into any given mould, it can usually not again become something else.

No. Live action lion king is an aberration. Let childhood things be the same, don't mess with what little soul I have left.

Why do you ask this? And why not move the more general questions to the Philly club?