Ask the next person a question!

star-kin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will direct your attention to the cats versus dogs thread here in the arcade. You will see that I love dogs but dislike cats.

Also

My own abyss is in my mind. Shining brighter than a supernova, and more dense than a black hole.

Did you just call yourself dense? If so, lol. Also there's a longish story behind my username, I'll save it for a rainy day.

Anyways, my other, proper question: Garchomp or Garchomp? or perhaps you're the type of person who uses Garchomp?

If you keep twisting my words and exaggerating my mild dislikes into such fascist hatred, I will stop answering your bait.

And I'm more of a Dragonite person myself, though. I never really liked Garchomp competitively. Design wise Garchomp is quite cool, and Cynthia is among my favorite Champion.

What was your favourite TV-show as a kid?

I barely watch TV besides news. And I loathe all the mess that I see each day, though I keep eathcing the news anyhow because it's necessary.

So no, no favourite TV show. I was never a great TV enthusiast anyway.

What is your least favourite TV show? That one thing that always gets on your nerves, maybe because someone else in the family watches it?

My least favorite TV show is Jessica Jones. That being said, I'm willing to give it a second chance since people told me that the show gets better as you keep going through the season.

What is the best showdown team you ever built and that you are proud of?

Hmm, I made this team back during BW2 and peaked in top 5 monotype, which has been my best ranking so far, which probably doesn't mean much on here though. The team's pretty fun though. Latios and Medicham hit very hard, and Jirachi was a great lead that could do flinch hax for days and hit those annoying Genesects with the 4x effective Flame Punch. And Latias and Reuniclus setting up with calm mind and sweeping happened more often than you'd think. And when needed Celebi and Latios can stall very well. Somehow I did very well with it. In general, it's a pretty fun team.

Syrio Forell (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

Jaime (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Cersei (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Recover

Robert (Medicham) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- High Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch

Caitlyn (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SDef / 20 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- U-turn
- Leech Seed

Petyr (Reuniclus) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast

- Psyshock

I'll ask the same question.

Edited by Tartar

I made this team and it's the very first time I made a team on my own without any help, so I'm truly proud of this team! :D

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 232 HP / 120 Def / 52 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 8 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Poison Jab

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Roost

What's your favorite food?

I've built too many teams over a very long competitive career to remember any particular ones or assign enough importance to anyone of them to 'feel proud' of them.

I guess I am happy with sun+sand balances, because I was one person who engineered and built on that playstyle a lot in early XY, when I took mons a little seriously and laddered competitively. Back in my smogon days, I liked using Gen4 sand as well.

It's natural for one to feel proud of accomplishments, especially if they're fresh ones in a relatively new area of operations, but one must guard against becoming too pleased with oneself over objectively smaller feats, else one runs the risk of looking very much like a prancing fish in a pod of whales.

That said, which Pokemon do you generally prefer using, competitively or otherwise, and in what circumstances and why?

EDIT: guess I was ninja'd and this answer applies to the previous question. I like many kinds of food, but I'm partial to spiced cottage cheese kebabs with vegetables and chili peppers.

I've found myself always falling back on Pivots in my Pokémon teams. In general, I like to have a solid U/Volt core for all my teams.

Though the one Pokémon I've used on the most amount of teams, is Latios, Scarfed Latios more specifically.

How did you find out about Pokémon?

Mostly from the internet. One day I decided I want to try out a Pokemon game, so I got Emerald and that's when I became a fan, granted it's only later where it really took off.

Which do you prefer: Using powerful things in risk of making the game boring due to lack of challenge, or weaker things for the sake of keeping some sense of difficulty? (Doesn't apply to just Pokemon. Example: Mages in Dragon Age: Origins.)

I do not like to purposefully make myself weak to get a sense of challenge if I have to do it I feel that the game designer didn't design the game balance well enough. Not to say that I go online to find exploits and walkthroughs, but otherwise, I will do everything in my power to make myself as powerful as possible.

What's the best Eeveelution? And why is it Sylveon?

I'm gonna try to keep this objective (Otherwise you know which one I'd say and I would try to argue for it)...

I'm going to say Espeon because of a high Special Attack stat, high speed and because Psychic is one of the stronger offensive types. Sure, Dark-types, but no mon is uncounterable.

Do you prefer cold or hot weather?

Depends on how cold, or how hot. In general, I'm the most comfortable around 15-20 degrees celsius.

But were we to be talking about extremes, ie. -30 and +50. I'd definitely prefer extreme cold than extreme heat.

Why is Zorua so cute, fluffy and huggable?

Unfortunately no, I'd love some rain and gale right now. Though there's nothing objectively wrong with this cool, calm night.

How do you like rain? A gentle drizzle, short and sweet, with rainbows and patches of sun? A steady shower that, though not punishing, is relentless and persists for hours at a stretch? A sudden cloudburst, gone as soon as it began but all the more intense a downpour for that? A thunderstorm with a lot of noise and lightning? A monsoon gale, with strong winds and heavy curtains of rain?

It's not arbitrary at all, there's an entire cultural civilisation behind morality, and it's constantly evolving.

If good and evil seem arbitrary to you, I'm afraid you've missed a few valuable lessons in the moral road.

What have you got to say for yourself? Or do you simply pass sweeping statements without considering their meaning?

I don't really have any particular affinity for Gen 4. I've primarily played during Gen 3 and 5.

What have you got to say for yourself? Or do you simply pass sweeping statements without considering their meaning?

I definitely consider the meanings of what I'm saying. And like how you told me previously how I don look at the context of what you're saying and taking things out of context, this time, you did the same exact thing.

I was referring to good and evil in regards to the "PC vs Console Wars", and how people arbitrarily pick sides and vehemently claim their side to be good and the other side bad. Now this is, in fact, arbitrary because people didn't choose their side based on logic, but on circumstance.

Just like with many other things in life, we arbitrarily pick sides and culture a distinct "us vs them" mentality, a fruitless and pointless endeavour that is still perpetuated by every social group on the planet. This is why I asked the question.

You're forced into selling your soul to the devil, what do you ask in exchange for it?

Oh, it pertains to a game. Nevermind then.

I'm fairly sure I already did that in exchange for math powers. We agreed upon an escalation clause to factor in the incremental cost of thinking as I progress in my career, but the surrender of my soul was an absolute single instalment.

That may be why I can't be really satisfied with anything anymore, and can only inexorably think of what next to do. The devil and I both know this, and that even as I achieve more and more I'll be less and less satisfied until death. Fair deal, really, he can get his kick of schadenfreude out of me, plus the fixed deposit of my soul on which he accrues interest, and I am okay with sacrificing pleasure on the altar of gain, nevermind the slow death by stress, coffee overload and the loss of my hobbies.

What about you? Same question.