Version 6 - Those We Lose

Jan

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished V6 and it was awesome!! Can't wait for the next version to be released! Keep up the good work!

Just one last question - can the Poliwag quest be completed in this version? I've been searching widely... but I've only managed to find only 3 Poliwags

...and I literally screamed in frustration as the guy who was about to tell us the identity of Madame X got teleported away as he was about to tell us that crucial piece of information.

I just finished V6 and it was awesome!! Can't wait for the next version to be released! Keep up the good work!

Just one last question - can the Poliwag quest be completed in this version? I've been searching widely... but I've only managed to find only 3 Poliwags

...and I literally screamed in frustration as the guy who was about to tell us the identity of Madame X got teleported away as he was about to tell us that crucial piece of information.

Yeah, it can be completed, there's even a Poliwag Guide Hypa made somewhere around.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey, I haven't read much into but, updating from 5 to 6 totally messed up some of my Pokes ability's. I was reeeeaallly confused when my Dry skin Helioptile died to a water move.. Only to find it had sand veil.. I'm soft resetting and using the ability capsule and only getting Solar power, which I don't want...

It was an essential issue and it cannot be fixed unfortunately. Anyways, I believe Ability Capsules work through cycling now where it doesn't randomly select an ability but goes through an order. You'll need another ability capsule to get it to have Dry Skin.

Don't worry though if you cannot get another ability capsule as there is a vendor for them I believe after completing Version 6 that sells them for 10k each.

It was an essential issue and it cannot be fixed unfortunately. Anyways, I believe Ability Capsules work through cycling now where it doesn't randomly select an ability but goes through an order. You'll need another ability capsule to get it to have Dry Skin.

Don't worry though if you cannot get another ability capsule as there is a vendor for them I believe after completing Version 6 that sells them for 10k each.

Hmmmm I see, that makes sense I guess. I'm pretty early in the again so I should be able to find another one. Thanks for the clear and helpful explanation!

Edited by SEVER

that moment was perfect, fucking priceless. everything about it, especially the music that plays after he disappears, was just awesome.

• Global Mods

I actually visited Jan's workshop yesterday and he told me SHOCKING secrets about V7!

To summarize, V7 is the seventh release of Rejuvenation. There were 6 that came before it, and the number after 6 is 7, which is why the next release will be called V7.

Incredible, right?

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

Hey questions for dumb people like me to ask:

Can I just start right from version 6 if I have not started the game at all yet? I saw that Jan had made a warning about updating the game if you hadn't gotten a gym badge yet, but I haven't started PERIOD. Should I get version 5 and play up to my 1st-2nd badge and THEN update, or just go from version 6? Also, could someone link the version 7 thread? I'm lost because I;m new here and I'm a silly m3g4 t3rr4 breadcrunk muff1n.

• Global Mods

Yes, starting on any version is fine. Here's the version 7 status thread: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16922

V6 changed so much with maps, events, and so on that updating while at some locations was dangerous. That's part of why there were so many warnings about where to go and what to do before updating. Starting over or playing for the first time is fine because there's no old data to confuse the game.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch