[SPOILERS] About that giant turtle...

LettuceKitteh

Around how high-leveled would you suggest I be before I try and take it on? My Pokemon are only in the 50s right now, and it's level 72...I think it's grinding time.

Any tips from anyone? ^^;

(Also, I'm assuming that once I change the cave to angry I lose my chance to save Amber - is that correct?)

THE WHALE!!! I never get tired of that~ XD

The level cap is 60, remember that. I recommend 53-55, 57 at most. It's all about strategy!

I did it when it was lvl80. Some people have done it on Hard where it's level 88, so it's definitely possible

It looks more like the Leviathan rather a turtle but oh well xD

Stalling out the rain/changing the weather to Sand/Sun might help if you can. Once you do, slam it with Super-Effective moves.

Also, Grass Knot comes in handy, which is a TM you can find.

Good to know, thanks. I did find Grass Knot - I'm thinking I'm gonna put it on a Vileplume, maybe.

Anyone have any ideas re Amber? Is there a point where saving her becomes impossible? I wanna continue the plot, but I don't want to leave her...

(I get very attached to fictional characters)

Good to know, thanks. I did find Grass Knot - I'm thinking I'm gonna put it on a Vileplume, maybe.

Anyone have any ideas re Amber? Is there a point where saving her becomes impossible? I wanna continue the plot, but I don't want to leave her...

(I get very attached to fictional characters)

So this is actually a funny thing. You may or may not be able to skip this fight, depending on what you did with the magma stone. If you gave it up, then you have to beat the whale. If you didn't, you can skip it. However you can get a cool Pokemon if you manage to beat it!

Thank you for the info! Good to know I can theoretically save a fictional character even if I can't pass a toughness check.

The Pokemon you can get is worth it though. And I know how you feel about fictional characters...

I didn't even realize there was any option while going through the mountain, and never saw anything about Kyogre when I played through.

EDIT: Loaded an earlier save and fought it - a sturdy magneton makes pretty short work of it with thunder wave like most big bosses.

Edited by Kithros

Yea, i never encounted anything to do with Kyorge? i've completed Version 6, can i still go back and defeat it? or no

As soon as you go far enough into the mountain that you can't turn back it's no longer possible to fight Kyogre - when you hit the first crystal instead of moving forward head back to the entrance and go down a ladder instead of moving up the mountain. On B2F of the mountain you'll find the event

so to face Kyorge, i need to redo version 6 all over again? bun that, redoing all the events, training up new pokemon and other stuff i already spents 2 days on XD, but ty anyways

Edited by Posty21

so to face Kyorge, i need to redo version 6 all over again? bun that, redoing all the events, training up new pokemon and other stuff i already spents 2 days on XD, but ty anyways

Well I mean... A guy tells you about it when you first enter Valor(if you kept the magma stone). So....

Does he? most likely accidentally skipped that part opps,

He does. He also says it is optional. On the other hand, he says none of these things if you chose to give the Magma Stone. I wonder who that guy was?

Edited by laggless01