What do you want most in life?

SnowGlaceon

I'm not sure if I should be posting this here or in The Wasteland. Ah well..

So I had one of those random shower thoughts yesterday. You know, the ones that pop out of nowhere and are exremely random/deep? Yeah. Well the question popped into my head :"What do people want most in life? What's their goal?" So I'm making this thread to hear what you guys have to say.

What do you guys want most in life, and why? Fame? Money? Love? All of the above? It can be more than one thing.

Personally I want two things, which are sort of connected. First of all, I want (as cliche as this sounds) to be wanted. Secondly, I want to be accepted as a human being. I grew up in a pretty hostile environment where no one but my family really accepted me. Not many people wanted me around. I think because I am the exception to the black racial stereotype.... This was all in my early development stage so it kinda haunts me now. That's why I always want to be of use to someone. Whether it's something as small as answering a question or doing someone a huge favor, it makes me happy when I can do something helpful. I have an urge to prove myself, in hopes that I will be accepted and not abandoned. That's what the Reborn community is to me, a refuge, a second home, a second family. All that deep stuff.

Getting off of that depressing topic, I want to hear what other people want most in life, as shallow or deep as it may be.

God I hate being depressing...never again. Also I wanna be a famous and amazing musician. Still got a loooong way to go.

Funny thing. This is actually the second topic I've ever made on this forum. I've been here for a year...jeez, laziness to the max.

• Veterans

I actually really wish to keep improving on my art and eventually end up being able to make a living of it, since drawing is the thing I love doing the most.

...And I also really hope I'll stop walking in front of my own feet, aka stop ending up thinking bad thoughts about myself and stop being too scared to approach anyone in order to become friends, because anxiety sucks and I want to stab it.

Edited by Zumi

To keep it simple as possible while being completely honest... in order of most priority to least priority:

1 - For people i care about to be happy. Simple, clichê, but important.

2 - Power. I want to be able to keep bad things happening around. I despise the feeling of impotence. There have been many instances where i felt i couldn't do much to help when things got ugly, or that i should have done more; this made me develop quite the guilt complex for some time.

3 - Independant lifestyle, no biggie.

4 - Feeling of adequacy with myself. I don't like my body.

5 - Playstation 4.

2 - Power. I want to be able to keep bad things happening around. I despise the feeling of impotence. There have been many instances where i felt i couldn't do much to help when things got ugly, or that i should have done more; this made me develop quite the guilt complex for some time.

Batman? Is that you?!

What I want most in life? If I were asked this a few years ago then I would want for my life to be my own, but that's just silly now. Right now the thing I want most in life would be for me to stay with the people I care about for as long as possible. I don't really want anything else other than to be with my loved ones. Money, fame, all those things are meaningless to me.

What I want most in life is:

• To be accepted
  • $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Do what I love as a job
  • Happiness
  • Get Rid of anxiety ( I have so much of this you dont understand holy shit)
  • More friends(I have about like 5 or 6 good ones but i want atleast 20 ppl i can talk to and chill with)
  • To be able to just chill

There are a lot of things I want in life such as having a best friend(s) again, to get rid of all my doubts and stupidly paranoid way of thinking to meet new people and experience new things, but all I really care about is to have no worries, something to strive for the top is boring and for me and everyone around me to be happy

Also for the love of god kill all the spiders

Holy crap I didn't expect this to get this popular so quickly. They were all so good I wish I could reply to them all, but that would be a longer post than this is, so I only picked a few.

I want my parents to appreciate the fact that I want to become a professional athlete instead take over the family business

Parents are...tricky sometimes. They want what's best for us so don't worry too much. Just keep working at it and maybe one day you'll make it. Aim to show the world what you're made of.

I actually really wish to keep improving on my art and eventually end up being able to make a living of it, since drawing is the thing I love doing the most.

...And I also really hope I'll stop walking in front of my own feet, aka stop ending up thinking bad thoughts about myself and stop being too scared to approach anyone in order to become friends, because anxiety sucks and I want to stab it.

Same thing here as with the first post. I feel the same way with music. As for walking in front of your own feet... God I know how you feel.

I want to be able to stop blowing things out of proportion so that my fear of disappointing others and embarrassing myself can fade away.

We share the same fear and also spiders.

To know what it is I want most in life.

2deep4me. It does make a lot of sense though. To want to know what your goal in life is.

To find happiness quite simply. What that happiness is is yet to be determined, and I will probably never truly figure it out.

deep.jpeg has been downloaded to harddrive

Well, whatever it is keep pursuing it. You'll track it down eventually. :)

Just, scarves. Everywhere.

I want widespread selflessness. Everyone can benefit from that.

Scarves would be nice. Widespread selflessness would be the start of a perfect world. Let's work at it!

To keep it simple as possible while being completely honest... in order of most priority to least priority:

1 - For people i care about to be happy. Simple, clichê, but important.

3 - Independant lifestyle, no biggie.

4 - Feeling of adequacy with myself. I don't like my body.

5 - Playstation

Someone else posted something about not liking their body. The truth of the matter is we can't all be gorgeous supermodels. We will never be perfect, but there is beauty and uniqueness in imperfection. You are no less of a person than anyone else.

I don't want a perfect life or any of the sorts.

I want to become a person who can still continue living, despite how hard life really is.

Too deep.

I want a Matrioshka Brain.

The power to keep moving forward. That's something we all need.

There are a lot of things I want in life such as having a best friend(s) again, to get rid of all my doubts and stupidly paranoid way of thinking to meet new people and experience new things, but all I really care about is to have no worries, something to strive for the top is boring and for me and everyone around me to be happy

Also for the love of god kill all the spiders

I can relate, especially with the best friends thing. There's someone out there who will be a greater friend than what you can imagine, you just need to hold your head up and keep searching! And... Yes. Murder all of the spiders.

So this was basically me just giving my 2cents on some other posts. Feel free to do the same if there's something you wanna say.