Easiest Gym?

C-K

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh Charlotte was pretty easy if you ask me, but it seems that she was nerfed. just set up a Trick Room and bam, you just won a badge

uhh, oh yeah, Shade. keep that Volt Absorb Pachirisu that you get early in the game because

A, you, in return, get a nice lil Vulpix and with a good ability too. MECHANIGHTMARE's AI was...pretty dumb, if you ask me.

B, Shade's gym basically nothing. just use any electric move, literally any, and you swept at least half of his team probably. might have to switch out for dat Rotom tho~

took me a minimal 1-3 tries

and yep, Ciel. i was legit scared of her mega Altaria but it died to Garde's Moonblast. the rest was history. (Magnezone+Swampert)

^^Didn't that event get removed orsomething?I cant trigger it any more.

And how much your electric move gets bonus'd off his starting field is partially luck. BZZZZTP!!! gets you like sweep power but bzzt...does barely any more than normal. Plus Trevenant isn't free to Pachi like you're making him out to be.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

it's like...turn based? the first one goes BZZZTP!!! then the field's electricity runs out. the second time you use an electric type attack it's only bzzt, but the field returns to normal. it's not luck, according to my memory. i battled Shade in like...episode 14? i dont know i might be wrong.

pretty sure the Drought Vulpix event's still there. in episode 14 anyways. i dunno did you talk to the lady in the salon? maybe your Pokes weren't happy enough. .m.

it's like...turn based? the first one goes BZZZTP!!! then the field's electricity runs out. the second time you use an electric type attack it's only bzzt, but the field returns to normal. it's not luck, according to my memory. i battled Shade in like...episode 14? i dont know i might be wrong.

pretty sure the Drought Vulpix event's still there. in episode 14 anyways. i dunno did you talk to the lady in the salon? maybe your Pokes weren't happy enough. .m.

Drought Vulpix was moved to Agate Circus. You have to enter the gatehouse to the east, then go upstairs and give the clown a Stunfisk. You can instead get a Soothe Bell from the salon lady, or a Litleo from the alley event (along with an Electrike and Plusle/Minun

The AI really makes some bad decisions with shade's team I find. I beat shade by exploiting the illusion ability to get gengar to hit manetric with thunderbolt, and abusing the field and spa bonus from there (got lucky that the event electrike had flame burst for trevenant). However it took shade 3 pokemon getting KO'd before he finally sent rotom in to stop me spamming discharge, which I found to be incredibly stupid.

I'm also highly annoyed that gengar has been nerfed hard for this fight. Please Ame, I know you want the gym leaders to showcase their TM's that they give you, but giving gengar shadow claw is really unnecessary. It was quite beatable before you nerfed it. Now all you need is an electric resist with a chesto berry, which are easy to get your hands on at that point of the game. Please consider fixing that.

well, am I misinformed or what. :^ /

even so, I still find Shade easy to beat.

but I guess it's all based on what Pokemon are in the team. uou

You haven't played 15 then!? TBH I kind of think 14 is harder in gym leaders(especially Charlotte) save for Luna who is still pretty easy anyway and Serra who went from easiest midgame leader to still not that hard but potentially aggravating. Shade has been nerfed yeah, I feel unnecessarily so, Corey is much easier since he has shadow claw, Trevenant is even easier than Gourgeist I feel, doublade is too slow and Banette can be potentially annoying/dangerous(dat destiny bond and cursed body) but is still pretty frail.

Yeah, episode 14 is a lot harder in terms of gym leaders, except for randomus (gallade makes a fair bit of difference to his team instead of exeggutor, or so I found), and terra (the assault vest on garchomp does make more difference than leftovers), the exception to that rule being if you used ninetales or azumarril in general.

I think if ame really must get another shadow claw user in, shade needs to get either sableye or dusknoir. I'm certainly in favour of the latter as it gets thunderpunch to abuse his field effect more while being close to impossible to one shot at this point of the game outside of scrafty gaining a moxie boost. Sableye would also be good to fix his dark weakness while deterring physical attackers (although given how difficult it is to know about the department store sticker quests in the early game, especially the lost kid chased by the drifloon, maybe not sableye) One of those should replace banette. IDK how to feel about trevenant, but gourgeist should probably come back in for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ciel. Gyarados just one shotted her entire team. Was shocked at the lack of fight, first time its ever happened in a gym battle.

First time it happened when you have a Gyarados?

So I'm assuming you didn't use the Gyarados in any of the other gyms? xD

Easiest Gym for me was Cain's Sister ( Can't remember name). I was doing a Steel monotype, so it was pretty straightforward that half of her moves had no effect. The field effect also allowed my forretress to spam spikes, which would do INSANE damage to both her pokemon. The hardest Gyms were Kiki, Samson, and Charlotte. When their main type is super effective to all of your mons it gets frustrating

First time it happened when you have a Gyarados?

So I'm assuming you didn't use the Gyarados in any of the other gyms? xD

Gyarados wasn't a part of my team until really late, around ep 13 or so.

I started playing the game at around ep 7 so I was able to get magikarp easily before the changes. But I just let it sit in the box doing nothing while playing with whichever mons I liked, which made the game a lot harder.

Then I heard how powerful Gyarados was and decided to level it up and try it out. It was a strong team member but never a complete butcher (mostly due to my mishandling). Usually the opponent would have something capable of taking it down, be it speed or electric or field enhanced attacks.

This was the first time for me the Gyarados destroyed a gym leader. Didn't even give Ciel a chance to use a hyper potion. Gyarados took no damage whatsoever.

Kiki was laughably easy this time around. Simple Swoobat with Calm Mind sweeped almost everything with the help of Noctowl's Reflect. ...And windy weather.

This playthrough not only did I beat her first try, none of my pokemon even got hurt since Gallade's rock slide missed lol.Yeah calm mind swoobat destroys her but overall I feel luna is easier, since unlike Kiki I didn't have as much of a type advantage(although Medicham and Gardevoir alone wrecks havoc on most of her team) yet still managed to first attempt her. Only thing about Luna is confusion hax and Malamar, the latter which isn't that hard to deal with and the former being tolerable with some planning/luck..