Hi!

So I haven't played Reborn in a while and it will probably be a while yet before I start over due to time constraints, so in short I've been out of the loop for a while and have also forgotten quite a bit. I was wondering if there are any characters who:

-explicitly have Aspergers syndrome

-are N Harmonia seem to have Aspergers syndrome

-are implicitly or explicitly bisexual

I'd also like to know if they're major characters, and if they're cool (though I realize that this is entirely subjective).

If anyone can tell me without revealing any spoilers, that would be great~ Thanks!

(If it's a major plot point... Eh, just don't tell me.)

Edited by coralchu

We can't quite trust Sigmund's records I think.

Cain is pansexual so he is as close as we get to bisexual I think.

I was hoping for a true bisexual representative though~and Sigmund is hardly a real psychiatrist, rather a sociopathic psychiatrist wanna be~

Isn't Terra also bisexual? She flirts with both genders

Don't know about asperger's, but if anything, Noel would be the closest to it I guess. The doc may be nutty but that doesn't have to affect his correctness in the psychiatric department.. and iirc Anna has schizophrenia?

Schizophrenia is usually diagnosed in early adulthood, its premature to say that Anna has schizo, may be she is just a kid having imaginary friends and hasnt grown out of it? Asperger sufferers have limited social interaction with a narrowed interest field, which we didnt see in Noel, but he probably falls into austistic spectrum at some point~

I mean I read it in some interviews or something that Anna has schizophrenia, Idk if she really does but she does at least have signs of it. The fact that she's actually not speaking nonsense further hints to it because schizophrenic people are actually intelligent on a higher level than people in general. also Anna doesn't just have imaginary friends, she can see things others can not, which is yet another thing that happens with the schizophrenic people. What she sees and says actually has a meaning, on a deeper level than the eye can see, even if it seems like nonsense to people. Maybe it's premature to properly diagnose it at her age, but the signs are there

Edited by Masquerain

I think Shelly might have a bit Asperger syndrome, and Cain(major MC) is bisexual or pansexual and he is fun, i love how Reborn is progressive enough to make all people felt included~

Ya thats a really true story.

I think thats the best part of fan games - their ability to tell a story with diversity in character, something Nintendo has to be very careful with.

Isn't Terra also bisexual? She flirts with both genders

Don't know about asperger's, but if anything, Noel would be the closest to it I guess. The doc may be nutty but that doesn't have to affect his correctness in the psychiatric department.. and iirc Anna has schizophrenia?

I was worried nobody would mention T3RR4..

T3RR4 is THE bisexual.

Is Cain Bisexual?

I suppose he probably flirts with the MC with both genders.

BUT Adrienne?? (Did I spell that right?)

Where did it say that xe was Bisexual?

I thought Adrienne was just non-binary.. 0_0

That's all I got.

I obviously wasn't involved in the production of any of the characters so I can't really say anything for certain. :D

Well, it wasn't brought up in the story for sure, and their symptoms are maybe in early stages or simply just mild. Though for Anna I'd say they are pretty apparent, yet Noel? He seemed to be talking fine with people he's acquainted with

Regarding Noel, I like to think that really isn't that unusual. There are essentially different levels of social functionality.

(Cain is confirmed as pansexual... So he's polysexual but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the character likely doesn't ID as bi.)

Noel is definitely aspergers or autistic. He kind of has that vibe.

WOW NOEL YOU'RE AWESOME

"yeah."

Not exactly well versed on social interactions there. Thank you much? lol.

Ya thats a really true story.

I think thats the best part of fan games - their ability to tell a story with diversity in character, something Nintendo has to be very careful with.

N is implied to have a subtle form of autism. He spoke unnaturally fast for a pokemon character, saw everything in equations and was more than a bit socially challenged. Though it does make Ghestis calling him a freak and such a lot harsher in hindsight.

Nintendo are just wimps to this kind of stuff because of their reputation as a somewhat conservative(not poltically conservative lol, just in general) game company which they're still having trouble shedding the image for. You still have the Kidtendo rep flying around even today because of it.. Granted, I do think pokemon itself is one of the more progressive franchises under its belt. Burgh was pretty blatantly gay in mannerisms, the cast has gotten more diverse since gen 5(characterization still could use some work though ugh gen 6 WHY) and N was probably one of the better handled autistic characters i've seen in a videogame. Too bad gen 6 kind of went backwards in characterization though. I do hope Z builds off where gen 5 was going.

Noel is definitely aspergers or autistic. He kind of has that vibe.

WOW NOEL YOU'RE AWESOME

"yeah."

Not exactly well versed on social interactions there. Thank you much? lol.

N is implied to have a subtle form of autism. He spoke unnaturally fast for a pokemon character, saw everything in equations and was more than a bit socially challenged. Though it does make Ghestis calling him a freak and such a lot harsher in hindsight.

Nintendo are just wimps to this kind of stuff because of their reputation as a somewhat conservative(not poltically conservative lol, just in general) game company which they're still having trouble shedding the image for. You still have the Kidtendo rep flying around even today because of it.. Granted, I do think pokemon itself is one of the more progressive franchises under its belt. Burgh was pretty blatantly gay in mannerisms, the cast has gotten more diverse since gen 5(characterization still could use some work though ugh gen 6 WHY) and N was probably one of the better handled autistic characters i've seen in a videogame. Too bad gen 6 kind of went backwards in characterization though. I do hope Z builds off where gen 5 was going.

Gay can hardly be a word to describe mannerism, what you are looking for is flamboyant, gay is a sexual orientation which is which gender one sleep with, not how one act~ Burgh may be flamboyant and artistic and all, we'll never know whom he gets romantically involved with~ Agreed that Game Freak and Nintendo are quite progressive, given how powerful trainers are balanced in number gender wise, namely Cynthia etc, which is good for feminism, esp how Japan is a heavily patriachal society~

Regarding Noel, I like to think that really isn't that unusual. There are essentially different levels of social functionality.

(Cain is confirmed as pansexual... So he's polysexual but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the character likely doesn't ID as bi.)

Wellp, then his level isn't that high probably. To me he just looks socially awkward on the surface, but what distinguishes him from that is the fact he he keeps telling Anna nostra isn't real, yet he talks with his doll as well.

And uhh, it was nowhere confirmed that Adrienn is anything-sexual I believe. People just assume that because Adrienn is non-binary and non-binary folks are more often than not bi- or pansexual.

I do agree that gen 5 took the games in a very nice direction and then XY just backtracked on that <_> This is why BW2 are the games I really enjoyed the most in terms of plotand I really hope they continue to develop in that direction

^^Yeah you're right, flamboyant is more the word I'm looking for. Like we know the games aren't going to outright say, this character is gay! or this guy has aspies! or something like that, so instead GF is more subtle with it by hinting in via their mannerisms, design, backstory etc. I should clarify that with N those characteristics don't necessarily mean someone's autistic but that it's Pokemon's way of implying to the players that N is quite possibly somewhere on that spectrum. As for Burgh though...lol he's the most fabulous trainer in pokemon since Tucker. Like we don't see him engage in homosexual activities but it's not like Nintendo would put that in explicitly anyway. They kind of do enough to at least give off the impression that Burgh is possibly gay, as its his mannerism coupled with his design sort of makes it hard to not consider.

It's not completely out of the question that he is since the pokemon anime has had several heavily implied-to-be-gay characters on it, James being kind of an obvious one lol. Idk maybe he's bi. But fact is the franchise is no stranger to having gay characters play a role major or minor.

I'd even go as far as to say Burgh's Jewish too or whatever pokemon equivalent of it is but that's just fanwankery on my part LOL. Gen 5 is my favorite gen overall and the characters/story were a big part why, something Z has a lot to answer for.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

• Global Mods

I haven't met her myself, but supposedly in X and Y there's a Beauty who says she made a transformation from a Black Belt half a year ago, and in Japanese she says the transformation was from medical science.

Also I personally think Wallace in ORAS is more stereotypical "fabulous" than Burgh.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

Thing about Wallace is that in the original gen 3 games he just seemed like a flamboyant bishonen. Effeminate yeah but also a real ladies man with Juan as his teacher further emphasizing that. Not quite gay level which is why I really dislike his ORAS costume as it brings him up to Tucker's level of flam which kind of changes his character somewhat or at least give off the wrong impression. Maybe it's supposed to be sexy, but it fails at that and just looks ridiculous lol.

I didn't know about the beauty thing, that's pretty funny lol.

^^Yeah you're right, flamboyant is more the word I'm looking for. Like we know the games aren't going to outright say, this character is gay! or this guy has aspies! or something like that, so instead GF is more subtle with it by hinting in via their mannerisms, design, backstory etc. I should clarify that with N those characteristics don't necessarily mean someone's autistic but that it's Pokemon's way of implying to the players that N is quite possibly somewhere on that spectrum. As for Burgh though...lol he's the most fabulous trainer in pokemon since Tucker. Like we don't see him engage in homosexual activities but it's not like Nintendo would put that in explicitly anyway. They kind of do enough to at least give off the impression that Burgh is possibly gay, as its his mannerism coupled with his design sort of makes it hard to not consider.

It's not completely out of the question that he is since the pokemon anime has had several heavily implied-to-be-gay characters on it, James being kind of an obvious one lol. Idk maybe he's bi. But fact is the franchise is no stranger to having gay characters play a role major or minor.

I'd even go as far as to say Burgh's Jewish too or whatever pokemon equivalent of it is but that's just fanwankery on my part LOL. Gen 5 is my favorite gen overall and the characters/story were a big part why, something Z has a lot to answer for.

I think it's safe to say that James is asexual, he would rather be having his bottle caps and cards than having company of neither guys nor ladies :P If anyone is bisexual in pokemon franchise, my bet is on Archie, Aqua's boss, just look at his two second in command~

Edited by TimTim