What is your "Oh god, no!" moment?

Omega_Ra1der

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Global Mods

Any timed part in any game. It always makes me so anxious. They're almost never just straightforward "get out of here ASAP", either. They throw enemies, puzzles, obstacles, and platforms you need to wait for the right moment to jump on at you too.

when someone footstools you to death in smash 4 instead of spiking you or gimping you.

also everything in brawl.

Like me vs you in like in a many matches in ssb4 lol.

Tripping i guess.

My own.

Sm4sh: Forget to tech and a miss with the disrespect, fast falling and lose a stock :(

Timed puzzles. The puzzle itself usually isn't hard at all, but my brain shuts down temporarily from the sense of urgency.

This one. Is in part the reason why I'm unable to play Oddworld: Abe's oddissey 'til the end, cuz the moment the puzzles with time limits and timing requeriments appear, I just can't. Similar examples include Portal's latest levels, and such.

Also when I have to fight a boss or enemy that has some kind of shield defense you have to break in order to deal damage, or a single weak spot and the rest being solid and immune to damage. Most of these come from the devil may cry franchise: Nightmare, Shadows, Nevan, Bloodgoyles, Death Scythe, Sanctus, Faust, Blitz.... all these guys are a PAIN and drain your health like crazy until you can reach to break their shields or reach their weak spots.

In reborn and pokemon games in general, is the time a powerful fire type appears in screen. My to-go teams generally just cannot deal with fire types, is a flaw I have when building teams. I pick the fire or grass starter, and then everything else I pick just isn't a ground, rock or water type, so whenever I see things like Darmanitan or Chandelure appear, I shiver.

• Developers

Dark Souls. Every single boss fight is some nightmarish thing that can destroy you in one or two hits. It even lets you know by blaring out climactic trumpets and choir as you slowly plunge to your death.

I mean what would you say when you see this in front of you:

1.jpg

1. When I accidently fired a crash bomb in the wrong spot against the turret boss in Mega Man 2. (This boss can die in a fire)

2. Seeing a room full of spikes in a Mega Man game.

3. Every moment in Dead Space 2. Yes, I'm a wuss

4. When Nocturne or Pantheon use their ult.

5. Whenever I alerted the SA-X in Metroid Fusion.

6. Every time I see 9 Ball from Armored Core. (Except in Nine Breaker because I knew it was coming)

Dark Souls. Every single boss fight is some nightmarish thing that can destroy you in one or two hits. It even lets you know by blaring out climactic trumpets and choir as you slowly plunge to your death.

I mean what would you say when you see this in front of you:

1.jpg

Mate, that's the wrong picture. Gaping Dragon ez

Show me a picture of Ornstein and Smough, or Four Kings. Now that's a problem xD

that moment in new Vegas when u realize u took the wrong route to new Vegas

trying to go in a straight line from good springs to new Vegas for the first time are you well have fun with mr.deathclaw while your character is at level 5

Oh god, I remember that.

I also tried to sneak several times to no avail. F***ing deathclaws, man.

Still can't decide if they're worse than Cazadores or not~

undertales neutral ending cost me 3 nights of sleep just because it terrified me so much??? also seeing kate on the roof in life is strange or having any other character be confronted with death tho kate is a special case that hits me harder because shes attempting suicide

also the ghost at the pokemon tower still freaks me the fuck out every time i see it

Pretty much all of The Witch's House, I wanted an eerie puzzle game. What I got was much more intense than what I hoped to play.

Also when I was young I was playing Pokemon Emerald and after I beat the game I was given the choice to have Latios or Latias appear in my game. I had recently watched the Pokemon movie with Latios and Latias and I really wanted Latias because she was so cute and fun in the movie. I selected Latios because I misread the "o" for an "a" and saved. I didn't realize my mistake until I stumbled upon him.

CRITICAL HIT! _____ HAS FAINTED!

Like these words infuriate me so much depending on the context.

Unless it's a trainer battle I NEVER want to see this text. I can't think of how many times I accidentally made a Pokemon I wanted to catch faint.

undertales neutral ending cost me 3 nights of sleep just because it terrified me so much??? also seeing kate on the roof in life is strange or having any other character be confronted with death tho kate is a special case that hits me harder because shes attempting suicide

also the ghost at the pokemon tower still freaks me the fuck out every time i see it

Ditto on the Kate situation, I had to turn off my computer and go sit with my friend for a few hours because it got to me. Something from before Life is strange would be the ending to the dark brotherhood questline in Oblivion. I never thought I'd feel so bad doing a storyline about murder happy assassins.

Also when I was young I was playing Pokemon Emerald and after I beat the game I was given the choice to have Latios or Latias appear in my game. I had recently watched the Pokemon movie with Latios and Latias and I really wanted Latias because she was so cute and fun in the movie. I selected Latios because I misread the "o" for an "a" and saved. I didn't realize my mistake until I stumbled upon him.

Actually, in Emerald, the game doesn't ask you what pokemon was in the news report, it asks you what colour it was. Latios = Blue, Latias = Red.

You must be remembering it wrong.

Either way. I imagine that would be frustrating.

Edited by aquawaffle