Ymora Academy [OOC / Sign-Ups Closed]

Chim

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

Yeah, sorry. Things dragged at first because I was in a slump and now Huk's busy with his own stuff so now I'm waiting on him. I'm sure we could wrap it up quick though.

No problem. I just expected things to be finished by now.

Ragnar, this also means I'm not going to finish the battle in the battle thread. Toshiro won and I'm using that outcome in the final post for chapter 1. I need Kay's reaction to reveal something about Samantha.

I'm getting a little worried about this... the IC Thread hasn't been Updated for roughly two weeks now, and the Battle Thread's been asleep for 12 days. What's going on?

I'm getting a little worried about this... the IC Thread hasn't been Updated for roughly two weeks now, and the Battle Thread's been asleep for 12 days. What's going on?

That yellow highlighted part. That one right there...Really? Like just... really? I'm not trying to sound mean here or be a dick, but these types of questions have a very certain way of annoying me...

Dude, What's going on is literally right above that post you just made man, explained in detail.

I'm just going to start chapter 2. I don't think I'm going to rewrite everything in those documents and just put general directions I want to take. I'm only going to write everything down when it comes to all those characters.

Google docs is your friend for that reason. But sorry to see that happen. Generally, I keep almost all my information right inside this noggin I which is surprisingly good at remembering stuff (even some very minor details).

Dobby, Hukuna, can you two finish your battle? That way I can end eveything in one post and start chapter 2.

Yeah, sorry. Things dragged at first because I was in a slump and now Huk's busy with his own stuff so now I'm waiting on him. I'm sure we could wrap it up quick though.

No problem. I just expected things to be finished by now.

Ragnar, this also means I'm not going to finish the battle in the battle thread. Toshiro won and I'm using that outcome in the final post for chapter 1. I need Kay's reaction to reveal something about Samantha.

We're waiting for Dobby and Hukuna to finish their fight so Chim can actually make the final update of the chapter and move things forward in the story. Obviously though, Dobbs and Hukuna have still yet to finish, hence, Chim hasn't been able to move anything yet. Simple cause and effect.

Not trying to be mean, but... it was literally all right there, on this same very page...c'mon man...

Strat, there are some times when a question is not meant to be answered. I was just trying to keep this RP afloat, and my question was rhetorical.

Edited by K_H

Look... I'm busy okay? I know It's been a bit but I'm trying to keep up with a lot right now and my dad's bene in the hospital again. So I forget things alright? I'm human after all. He's back home now so things are settling down so I'll get to it. Sorry that you're waiting on me and what not, but like you could at least try and be understanding KH. i get it's sorta stalling but I'm trying here and sometimes things go to the way side. Just happened I forgot about this RP. It happens.

I'll get to it, honest. Just gimme a bit k? Lot's going on for me at the moment.

Well I was just thinking that the battle wasn't all that important to wait on and I could just move things forward. But of course right when I decide to do that, I drop my battery charger and it breaks. And my friend currently has my other charger from my old laptop. I have no choice but to use the broken one (I'm at 17% right now) until I can go pick the other one up.

So if I'm not online for a bit that means I either got zapped into oblivion because I touched the cables that I can see hanging or I haven't been able to go to my friend yet to pick up my old charger. The earliest I can go pick it up is sunday.

And done and done. I knew it was more or less towards the end of that just... bleh I kep forgetting to update. I'm fine with calling it there though and boom, moving on.

Anywho, no worries Chim my man. Sorry to hear that about your charager though but yea... that can totally be a pain. (mine is totally on it's last legs right now... so I know the feeling.))

Chapter 2 is coming. There is a small timeskip so max level between 10 - 12. If anyone wants another Pokémon aside from a Dragon type, let me know. Other Pseudo's are also available so from now on all Pokémon, except Legendary, are obtainable. But keep in mind Pseudo's and most Dragons don't just run around in the wild, including the Academy's forest.

So Herman is much bulkier than I thought. It just stops a rolling elephant dead in its tracks for the second time now, welp, Toshiro's victory feels so hollow against Turtwig then. Also for the record, Toshiro doesn't consider Kay's action as cheating, after all, he kinda agree to battle Herman in the first place.

Anyways, In honor of Sid, i'll probably get a Shinx and revive good old Vicious. I'll go with a 'beast' theme pokemon' for Toshiro. Cuz who needs dragons and pseudos right?

So Herman is much bulkier than I thought. It just stops a rolling elephant dead in its tracks for the second time now, welp, Toshiro's victory feels so hollow against Turtwig then. Also for the record, Toshiro doesn't consider Kay's action as cheating, after all, he kinda agree to battle Herman in the first place.

Anyways, In honor of Sid, i'll probably get a Shinx and revive good old Vicious. I'll go with a 'beast' theme pokemon' for Toshiro. Cuz who needs dragons and pseudos right?

Only the first roll. And yes, Herman will be incredibly bulky. Kay typically trains his Pokémon only where their strengths lie. Unlike Matt who only focuses on offense and speed.

And Toshiro would've won against Princess without a doubt. But Kay and Matt have way more experience when it comes to battling. They were specially trained so when they use their aces against newly obtained Pokémon, they basically can't lose.

• Veterans

Wiat... how does this work? I'm quite lost on that...

Just update your character's profile with their current mons/levels/movesets and that jazz. Do put a notification here(Or even the entire thing) so Dobby can update his register of those things.

Wiat... how does this work? I'm quite lost on that...

Basically whenever we jump a chapter, pokemon gain levels. Upon level gain, they can learn any new moves that were done by level up. However, there is actually a training facility (we haven't gotten there yet) that will allow for other moves such as TMs, Tutor, and Breeding moves to be taught. I'm not sure what the rule of thumb is so I kind of just picked a couple moves that weren't OP such as Covet for Skitty (since she has like Zero attack) and Shock Wave for Techie (Since he has...like one electric type move for a long time). Just don't do something like learn a coverage more or an OP move and you're usually fine (well you could, but it'd be super, super weak. Like Bulldoze would be twice as strong as EQ at this point).

• Support Squad

Ok, here's an idea;

The reason i've been trying to keep a Pc archive is so all PC info is consolidated and easy to find.

It's a bitch to update. So we're going to use google docs.

At the bottom of the PC post, 3rd post in this topic, is a google docs list with a copy of the current PC archive on it. You can all access it. you can all edit it. Therefore, please make any team changes there or make sure it is updated to the most recent character profile you may have elsewhere.

This way, we can all find each other and we can all easily edit it. If this idea takes, I'll move the big ol' list on the actual post to save some space.

I'm more confused by how do I know how many levels they go up... or does by 10-12... does Chim mena that the lower level partner is 10 and the other 12 or... that's what I don't get.

There's really no way to say how to do it than to judge your character. If they're a balanced and treat all of their Pokemon equally, then it'd be more like Starter is 12 and partner is 10, but if they focused mostly on the partner, it might be something like starter is 8 and the partner is 12. The exact level themselves are pretty meaningless unless there's a big gap so don't get all worked up about it as long as all your Pokemon are close level. If you add more Pokemon though, your levels don't go up as fast.