Need help for my team

Shad_

Hi everyone, i was wondering what kind of pokemon i should add to my team to make it better

Can you tell me what is in your opinion the strongest grass/rock/ghost type obtainable so far in reborn?

(Sorry for my bad english, i'm italian :/ )

Aggron Is a pretty powerful steel/rock type although it's pretty risky to use defensively no thank's to a 4x fighting weakness

Chesnaught seems pretty powerful being a physical tank of a grass/fighting type although it has a disheartening 4x flying type weakness

Chandelure is powerful yet slow but its fire typing is made redundant by your charizard

Rotom Might be useful but you would probably want to change it's forme if you can in reborn

Froslass can be useful but its ice typing is made redundant by your lapras

oh and i think you can get a spiritomb somewhere

hope this helps also welcome to reborn!

Whimsicott is a nice addition for grass type plus it's got that nice fairy secondary(nowadays people cant walk around without a fairy type), for rock like cronos said, Aggron is a decent physical wall(just make sure to steer clear of the ground and fighting threats), another rock type i find can be useful in some gyms is Crustle, as for ghost type, Mismagius is pretty great choice~and i am sure many of us are not native English speakers, and your English is totally fine, dont afraid to use it, languages only get better by practices~

Edit: I saw that you have Florges in your rotation, then Whimsicott is rendered obsolete 'cause their movepools are similar~Another grass type is Torterra(physical grass) and Roserade(special grass)

Edited by TimTim

Depends on what you have on your team. What do you have on your team(also list moves please)?

You can see my team in the spoilers of my signature, The movesets are:

Charizard (Solar Power): Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Air Slash, Brick Break

Espeon (Magic Bounce): Trick Room, Psychic, Grass Knot, Psybeam

Lapras (Hydration): Sheer Cold, Hydro Pump, Safeguard, Freeze Dry

Donphan (Sand Veil): Earthquake, Magnitude, Giga Impact, Rock Smash

Noivern (Frisk): Hurricane, Dark Pulse, Boomburst, Dragon Pulse

Porygon-Z (Download): Discharge, Hyper Beam, Tri Attack, Magic Coat

Aggron Is a pretty powerful steel/rock type although it's pretty risky to use defensively no thank's to a 4x fighting weakness

Chesnaught seems pretty powerful being a physical tank of a grass/fighting type although it has a disheartening 4x flying type weakness

Chandelure is powerful yet slow but its fire typing is made redundant by your charizard

Rotom Might be useful but you would probably want to change it's forme if you can in reborn

Froslass can be useful but its ice typing is made redundant by your lapras

oh and i think you can get a spiritomb somewhere

hope this helps also welcome to reborn!

Alright, thanks for the suggestions and for the welcome c:

Whimsicott is a nice addition for grass type plus it's got that nice fairy secondary(nowadays people cant walk around without a fairy type), for rock like cronos said, Aggron is a decent physical wall(just make sure to steer clear of the ground and fighting threats), another rock type i find can be useful in some gyms is Crustle, as for ghost type, Mismagius is pretty great choice~and i am sure many of us are not native English speakers, and your English is totally fine, dont afraid to use it, languages only get better by practices~

Edit: I saw that you have Florges in your rotation, then Whimsicott is rendered obsolete 'cause their movepools are similar~Another grass type is Torterra(physical grass) and Roserade(special grass)

Honestly i've never used Crustle, i'll surely try it!

Thanks a lot c:

Edited by AndSoThereIsSt3ffo

I might suggest that you give Lapras Ice Beam instead of Sheer Cold, Sheer Cold accuracy is 30 percent which will never hit once in a lifetime, relearn it at move relearner if your Lapras already pass the level where it learns ice beam~Or if you want better coverage, check its hidden power at hidden power judge and give it hidden power if type doesnt overlap, and since your Charizard has sunny day, Chlorophyll ability grass type mons might come in hand to hand with sunny day boost(Tropius, Bellossom etc)

I think you have a pretty solid team... I'd only use another ground type pokemon instead of Donphan (that's just cause I don't like Donphan at all). I'd use a Diggersby or an Excadrill..

Grass: Ehm... Ludicolo?.. I don't really know... Rain Dance swift swim Ludi is powerful, and I can't think about any other obtainable grass type better (besides Shroomish and starters)

Rock: Tyrantrum all the way.

Ghost: Chandelure! even though Gengar was obtainable in episode 14, it's movepool is kinda poor unless you do some breeding in episode 13 or something like that.

Right, sorry, I have signatures disabled by default. Anyways, if I may, since we're already talking about team help, your main 6 could be better. I'll just leave it in a spoiler, skip if you wanna keep them the way the are:

-Charizard is pretty bad as a special attacker. Solar Power is nice, but it's bulk is nonexistent, so you trade a ton of your HP to set up sun and have the SP damage kill you in a turn or 2. Instead, either get a better Fire type (I can come up with some if you want me to) or make that Charizard Dragon Dance, Flare Blitz/Fire Fang, Brick Break, Wing Attack/Dig/Crunch/Dragon Claw...yeah, Charizard is really mediocre, I'd really just replace it until we get some Mega stones.

-I see that Trick Room can really help your team out, but Espeon is one of the worst setters for it since it's so fast and can#t take a hit that well (or at all). Also no need for 2 STABs, so go with Yawn or Hidden Power. Though I'd just say get a Reuniclus as it hits as hard as Espeon does (and even harder if you give it the Life Orb, which does no damage if you have Magic Guard), is waaaaaaaay bulkier and functions much better in Trick Room.

-Safeguard is pretty worthless, Sheer Cold only has 30% accuracy and doesn't even work on higher level stuff, which is what most important battles put you up against. To copy-paste from somewhere I already discussed Lapras at: Lapras isn't the strongest thing in the world right off the bat, but it has access to Dragon Dance, Curse and also has pretty alright coverage as a special attacker. You can run DD, Ice Shard, Waterfall, Body Slam/Facade/Bulldoze//Drill Run/Secret Power. You can run Curse, Avalanche, Waterfall, Ice Shard. You can run special with Surf/Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt/Psychic/Hidden Power/Ancient Power/Dragon Pulse/Freeze-Dry/Future Sight/Icy Wind/Perish Song.

-I...see no reason to run Sand Veil? Go with Sturdy. Magnitude is useless, Giga Impact does as much as EQ does (cuz STAB). Give it Knock Off and Ice Shard IMO. Though I think Stunfisk, Rhyperior, Krookodile, Mamoswine and Hippowdon are all better Ground types.

-Run Super Fang, Tailwind or Flamethrower instead of Dark Pulse, Dark is useless coverage ever since Radomus.

-I'd say Adaptability is better than Download, but both work. Hyper Beam is bad and Magic Coat is pretty useless. Use Signal Beam, Hidden Power (depending on what you get) or Icy Wind (tutor on 7th).

Now, for your types:

Grass

-Tangrowth is really physically bulk, has both great attack and Sp.Atk and learns a bunch of interesting TMs (when we get them).

-If you can get lucky and get a Lilligant with Hidden Power Rock (or breed one to have HP Rock(check the pinned guide in this section for details)), it can sweep entire teams for you. Ideal set is Quiver Dance, Sleep Powder, Petal Dance (make it's ability Own Tempo) and Hidden Power Rock.

-Gogoat has a pretty alright Bulk Up set, BU, Earthquake, Horn Leech, Aerial Ace/Bounce.

-Torterra is a really good one, hits hard, really bulky.

-Roserade is not the fastest thing ever, but it does have good stats and can make any Hidden power a 90 BP move with Technician.

-If you go back to E12 and breed Swords Dance onto Abomasnow, it can do some work if you get a boost or 2, especially since you're running Trick Room.

-Leavanny's fast, hits just a little softer than things like Torterra, but gets Sticky Web...which doesn't help you with Trick Room, but hey, it's there if you wanna change things up.

-Gourgeist is the best Grass Type, best Ghost type and best physical wall in the game. But only if you are willing to go back to E12 and breed Protect and Will-o onto it. The exact set and what it does is in the guide.

Rock

-Gigalith is great, either with 4 attacks, or if you wanna use a Curse set, especially if you breed Earthquake and Heavy Slam onto it. It also has the combo of Sturdy and Explosion.

-Any of the fossils that get Shell Smash.

-Archeops is the hardest-hitting Rock type in the game. Also has a great movepool, with Endeavor, Earthquake(E12), Acrobatics/Bounce/Fly, Rock Slide/Head Smash, Crunch/Shadow Claw, Dragon Claw, Knock Off.

-Aurorus is usually terrible cause it's slow and frail, but you running Trick Room helps with it's speed. We don't have access to Hyper Voice yet, but you're guaranteed to get a kill with Refrigerate Hyper Beam (also gets Round via TM, which is still stronger than Ice Beam and Blizzard, so that's something).

-Again, Rhyperior. The physically bulkiest Rock type you can get, thanks to Solid Rock.

-Since you're running Trick Room, you can have some real fun and spam Head Smash with Relicanth.

Ghost

-Again, Gourgeist is the best by a mile.

-Cofagrigus is your next best bet, Trick Room, Nasty Plot, Shadow Ball and Psychic/Energy Ball/Dark Pulse/Hidden Power(Fighting would be perfect) works wonders.

-Mismagius is like Cofagrigus, just faster but frailer.

-Unburden Acrobatics Drifblim with Destiny Bond is almost guaranteed at least one kill.

-Chandelure is the hardest-hitting Ghost you can get if you don't wanna use Nasty Plot. It can also use Trick Room for you, but it's bulk makes that a challenge.

-Shedinja is actually really fun. A lot of things the leaders use don't have anything to hit it, so you can just Hone Claws up to +6. If something fast with a Super-effective move comes in, you've got a good shot at killing it in one hit with Shadow Sneak. Or you can just use it to effortlessly kill something that can't hit you.

-Golurk hits hard, has a great movepool and access to nevermissing Dynamic Punch. Although it's bulk is alright, it'll be worn down fast enough, so Trick Room support would be great for this thing.

I think you have a pretty solid team... I'd only use another ground type pokemon instead of Donphan (that's just cause I don't like Donphan at all). I'd use a Diggersby or an Excadrill..

Grass: Ehm... Ludicolo?.. I don't really know... Rain Dance swift swim Ludi is powerful, and I can't think about any other obtainable grass type better (besides Shroomish and starters)

Rock: Tyrantrum all the way.

Ghost: Chandelure! even though Gengar was obtainable in episode 14, it's movepool is kinda poor unless you do some breeding in episode 13 or something like that.

Thanks for the help, i'll try these c:

Right, sorry, I have signatures disabled by default. Anyways, if I may, since we're already talking about team help, your main 6 could be better. I'll just leave it in a spoiler, skip if you wanna keep them the way the are:

No prob, yeah i know my movesets are pretty bad :/ sorry but i've never paid so much attention on them, surely i'm gonna make some changes

Thanks for the help and the suggestions c: