Aerodactyl, Swanna or Noivern?

wytch_doctr

Well, I haven't seen many goats zooming at the speed of Serperiors. Have you?

yeah, that's true, but at least give it a little more bulk to withstand hits from predator, being the bottom of food chains is bad enough, and type it as pure grass type no less~

yeah, that's true, but at least give it a little more bulk to withstand hits from predator, being the bottom of food chains is bad enough, and type it as pure grass type no less~

Hey, Gogoat ain't scared of no pokemon. Fire and Poison types? Take an Earthquake. Bug, flying and Ice? Hold this Rock Slide ;P This Goat is stronger than it seems

Hey, Gogoat ain't scared of no pokemon. Fire and Poison types? Take an Earthquake. Bug, flying and Ice? Hold this Rock Slide ;P This Goat is stronger than it seems

Yeah i know what Gogoat is capable of, i had a similar experience in other main game with Gogoat as my regular, it checks poison pretty well, but fire types are known for their speed(not talking about you heatmor and emboar), will outrun gogoat anyway, not so sure about match up against fire~

Yeah i know what Gogoat is capable of, i had a similar experience in other main game with Gogoat as my regular, it checks poison pretty well, but fire types are known for their speed(not talking about you heatmor and emboar), will outrun gogoat anyway, not so sure about match up against fire~

You can't resist them all i guess. Unless you're Eelektross

Hehe. Also, on a semi unerlated note, Gogoat seems like a powerful Pokemon. EQ, Aerial Ace, Horn Leech and Milk Drink seems powerful. I mean, if Sceptile decides to die to a random supereffective move I'd still have this Gogoat to back it up. And all these moves WITHOUT BREEDING ^-^

And I completely forgot about Flygon, my favorite Mega Pokemon. EQ, Flamethrower/Crunch (just in case, ok?), D-Claw and Superpower

It's good. It's best set is that, but with Bulk Up instead of Milk Drink (which is pointless anyways, we have healing items). But there certainly are better Grass types. Those've already been discussed in some other topics, so mind if I copypaste?

-Tangrowth is really physically bulk, has both great attack and Sp.Atk and learns a bunch of interesting TMs (when we get them).

-If you can get lucky and get a Lilligant with Hidden Power Rock (or breed one to have HP Rock(check the pinned guide in this section for details)), it can sweep entire teams for you. Ideal set is Quiver Dance, Sleep Powder, Petal Dance (make it's ability Own Tempo) and Hidden Power Rock.

-Gogoat has a pretty alright Bulk Up set, BU, Earthquake, Horn Leech, Aerial Ace/Bounce.

-Torterra is a really good one, hits hard, really bulky and all.

-Roserade is not the fastest thing ever, but it does have good stats and can make any Hidden power a 90 BP move with Technician.

-If you go back to E12 and breed Swords Dance onto Abomasnow, it can do some work if you get a boost or 2, especially since you're running Trick Room.

-Leavanny's fast, hits just a little softer than things like Torterra, but gets Sticky Web...which doesn't help you with Trick Room, but hey, it's there if you wanna change things up.

-Gourgeist is the best Grass Type, best Ghost type and best physical wall in the game. But only if you are willing to go back to E12 and breed Protect and Will-o onto it. The exact set and what it does is in the guide.

But tbh, there's not much of a point to running 2 Grass types. It IS your starter, but non-mega Sceptile is pretty mediocre, so maybe bench it until we get it's Mega Stone and the Ring.

It's good. It's best set is that, but with Bulk Up instead of Milk Drink (which is pointless anyways, we have healing items). But there certainly are better Grass types. Those've already been discussed in some other topics, so mind if I copypaste?

-Tangrowth is really physically bulk, has both great attack and Sp.Atk and learns a bunch of interesting TMs (when we get them).

-If you can get lucky and get a Lilligant with Hidden Power Rock (or breed one to have HP Rock(check the pinned guide in this section for details)), it can sweep entire teams for you. Ideal set is Quiver Dance, Sleep Powder, Petal Dance (make it's ability Own Tempo) and Hidden Power Rock.

-Gogoat has a pretty alright Bulk Up set, BU, Earthquake, Horn Leech, Aerial Ace/Bounce.

-Torterra is a really good one, hits hard, really bulky and all.

-Roserade is not the fastest thing ever, but it does have good stats and can make any Hidden power a 90 BP move with Technician.

-If you go back to E12 and breed Swords Dance onto Abomasnow, it can do some work if you get a boost or 2, especially since you're running Trick Room.

-Leavanny's fast, hits just a little softer than things like Torterra, but gets Sticky Web...which doesn't help you with Trick Room, but hey, it's there if you wanna change things up.

-Gourgeist is the best Grass Type, best Ghost type and best physical wall in the game. But only if you are willing to go back to E12 and breed Protect and Will-o onto it. The exact set and what it does is in the guide.

But tbh, there's not much of a point to running 2 Grass types. It IS your starter, but non-mega Sceptile is pretty mediocre, so maybe bench it until we get it's Mega Stone and the Ring.

I dunno about Sceptile as mediocre. It's just a pity that he isn't an Atk type mon, since he learns moves like leaf Blade, Night Slash and X-Scissor. Leaf Storm is powerful though, sweeps things like Blake's Walrein and Fern's Krookodile. Plus the only things I've seen outspeed him are Samson's Mienshao and Hawlucha. Or maybe it's just my biased preferences

I guess i'll build up a Flygon and Archeops (without EQ, cause Flygon has that covered)

Flygon - EQ, D-Claw, Crunch/Rock Slide, Superpower

Archeops - Fly, Knock Off, Rock Slide, D-Claw

Edit: Just got Adamant Shiny Archen with at least double digits EVs in every stat.

Edited by wytch_doctr

I dunno about Sceptile as mediocre. It's just a pity that he isn't an Atk type mon, since he learns moves like leaf Blade, Night Slash and X-Scissor. Leaf Storm is powerful though, sweeps things like Blake's Walrein and Fern's Krookodile. Plus the only things I've seen outspeed him are Samson's Mienshao and Hawlucha. Or maybe it's just my biased preferences

I guess i'll build up a Flygon and Archeops (without EQ, cause Flygon has that covered)

Flygon - EQ, D-Claw, Crunch/Rock Slide, Superpower

Archeops - Fly, Knock Off, Rock Slide, D-Claw

Edit: Just got Adamant Shiny Archen with at least double digits EVs in every stat.

Congrats on getting the dreamboat Archeops, while i rarely use Sceptile, my input is that Sceptile can be rendered a physical sweeper if wanted to, 85 attack is decent enough, with beneficial nature and after a sword dance can pose a threat in-game, competitive setting can catch people off guard esp when everyone is using smogon strat these days~Pure grass type is a setback tho, getting annihilated before even have a chance to set up~