Need help with team

DW~

My team

Torterra- a basic Curse + Leech Seed setup

Golem- Sturdy + E-Quake does work

Magneton- Sturdy, many curses to Ame for putting Magnezone requirements to Radomus

Granbull- Rattled, perfect for Luna, when I get there, and Play Rough and Close Combat is nice

Arcanine- Intimidate, Heat Wave, Flare Blitz, Outrage. and Close Combat, a very helpful with Serra, and others

My Helpers

Camerupt, Stockpile set-up and it rekt many Gyms, including Florinia and Aya, while fighting the latter it was lvl 37

And yes, I know the immense Ground weakness, but Torterra covers that pretty well

Any suggestions would be helpful, I am at the part before you raid Meteor's base in Tanzan, and I have to fight Sincaid's Eelektross- Crush Claw T-T

Are you willing to have a permanent team of over 6 pokemon?

If so you might consider getting an ice type. It will help against the last 2 leaders of the current release. You'll have a chance to get quite a few later but you can get a Vanillite out of any vending machine and it can help a lot.

A fighting type wouldn't hurt either. You can get a Heracross a bit later but a lot of people prefer to use Scraggy.

If you want a psychic type you'll be able to get Reinuclis or Ralts pretty soon which are probably the two best psychic types (in my opinion).

My Scraggy has a modest nature T-T, I am thinking about Solosis or Abra. Ralts however could be a nice temp. , except I have to grind it to lvl 47. I might switch out Arcanine for Darmanitan because Darmanitan has a good Attack and hp stat, or keep it on reserve.

Scrafty would help, since i don't see anything to deal with Dark, Psychic and Ghost types, unless you have Crunch Granbull. Even then, STAB is always nice.

As far as Ice types go, the ones you can get are Vanillite, Swinub and Cubchoo (at your point in the game). As you already have a couple ground types, I wouldn't suggest Mamoswine. Vanilluxe is well rounded in Attack and SpAttack. However, Beartic learns a larger variety of moves like Priority Aqua Jet and Superpower.

You can always change natures later in the game, if you decide to keep Scrafty. It just costs a Heart Scale

Edited by wytch_doctr

My Granbull has Crunch, and I will probably train Scraggy once I get to 7th street to change the nature and most my team is based around attack, so a special attacker would help. Edit: Read up on Vanilluxe, it's stats aren't the worse, but it's only decent attacks are Mirror Coat, Acid Armor, Freeze Dry, and Ice Beam, so a limited Movepool. I could however train my Nasty Plot Smoochum for reserves when I get to Terra and Ciel

Edited by TheDW66

Hmm...well at a glance everyone in your team seems to be available earlier on, which is of course not a bad thing, everything has it's niche, but things are put up later on to be useful at that point. One important question would be what the mystery egg from the police station was, if it was say a Togepi or Azurill I would swap out Granbull for one of them, if not I would recommend swapping out rattled for intimidate, at least after you beat Luna. Golem is interesting and of course has the insurance of sturdy but Rhyperior with Solid Rock would make a nice replacement once you get to Iollia Valley, though perhaps consider picking up a Tyrantrum instead as to balance out your types. Finally it would be a good idea to replace your Camerupt with something that offers more coverage, perhaps A Crawdaunt, Medicham, or even Meowstic. All in all though neat team and keep rocking it!

You could use a water type? Fire-Water-Grass triad is the golden triangle in pokemon games~Gastrodon and Jellicent(mystery egg also) are all pretty tanky with good typing~

Edited by TimTim

You could use a water type? Fire-Water-Grass triad is the golden triangle in pokemon games~Gastrodon and Jellicent(mystery egg also) are all pretty tanky with good typing~

like TimTim said having a water type mon would be helpful especially since you have a ground weakness with your team. Suggestions for water types is seaking (semi-bulky and gets waterfall via lvl up) swanna (hit fast and hard if the rain is up) and or blastoise (very bulky both defensive and specially defensive).

Got Squirtle w/ Dragon Pulse, I'll train it. Mystery egg was Vulpix T-T. Did breed for Drought and got a shiny one with it :D Any tips on Sincaid when you fight him in Charlottes family's hideout (Belrose Manor) ? Would it be a good idea to switch Arcanine into reserve for Darmanitan?

Edited by TheDW66