Rock mono begins-ish

Damage

Hello all. As some of you well know, none of the starters as of ORAS have rock typing so this mono is off to a powerful start. If someone doesn't mind assisting in this matter they can have whatever I get from Ame. I'll even soft reset for a shiny w/e if you want. Message me or comment here. For everyone else who just happened to click. Let me know and I can broadcast how this run goes. I'll even do one of those cool story-esq things the kids are raving about because who doesn't like to hear about people playing video games. amiright?

I would get Onix in on the action but yeah evolving into a steel and ground means I'd have to ditch the subpar mon at some point. Bonsly would also be a temporary since Sudowudo is pretty bad. The best rocks are fossils.

There's no Rock type pokémon before Julia, and for Florinia you get 3 catches, a very bad one in Onix (Horrible stats and you can't evolve it), a mediocre one in Sudowoodo (It is good in the warly game and is one of your few options to beat Garchomp 1v1, fails to make an impact after that) and another mediocre one in Slugma (Your only Fire type option).

tl;dr: If you hack an starter in, you will have it alone vs Julia, 4 pokémon by Florinia, full team by Shade (If you get lucky with the Mystery Egg, by Shelly) and probably no chance of beating Kiki (At least I can't see it, except a bizarre Lunatone sweep), but good luck!

I would get Onix in on the action but yeah evolving into a steel and ground means I'd have to ditch the subpar mon at some point. Bonsly would also be a temporary since Sudowudo is pretty bad. The best rocks are fossils.

Actually, Sudowoodo may be your only option for beating Kiki. All Rock types you can get by that point would be outsped and killed in 1, maybe 2 hits. But Sudowoodo is one of the only 3 Pokemon to get both Sturdy and Counter (the other 2 being Donphan which you can't use and Bastiodon, which you can't get by that point). Honestly, your only option to beat her might be 5 Sudowoodo and something for her Lucario (cause it's special iirc?).

5 sudowoodos sound like a nightmare, yeah, better do like monochrome says, duotype run, coupled with the other least number type~I mean even duotype run, sometimes you have to repeat what your regular run has used, so~

Actually, Sudowoodo may be your only option for beating Kiki. All Rock types you can get by that point would be outsped and killed in 1, maybe 2 hits. But Sudowoodo is one of the only 3 Pokemon to get both Sturdy and Counter (the other 2 being Donphan which you can't use and Bastiodon, which you can't get by that point). Honestly, your only option to beat her might be 5 Sudowoodo and something for her Lucario (cause it's special iirc?).

Sturdy Golem can easily tank whatever (Lucario Aura Sphere?) with Sturdy and kill back with EQ, hey now we have 3 good rock types for Kiki (Sudowoodo, Lunatone and Golem)!

Jokes aside, this may probably be one of the harder (probably THE HARDEST) monotypes of Reborn, even if you hack yourself in a Larvitar, Rhyhorn, Omanyte or Tyrunt has the starter.

Edited by Redo.

I did a few months ago a rock mono with a hacked Larvitar (although I stopped before Agate and don't have time to continue soon). The hardest battle of all would be the 1st, 2nd, 3rd... fuck that shit! All the times you face Fern you will start to pray to every god that mankind knows!!! If you hate Fern a rock mono will make you hate him 100 more times. The only time I think I beat him 1st try was after Noel only because you can burn the field. And don't let me start about Tangrowths...

But if you insist to make this monorun I definetely suggest to start with Larvitar (mine had also a -att nature and crappy ivs). It might sound strong but believe me it isn't. It learns only normal, rock and dark type moves, it evolves really late and it gets its 1st ground move (EQ) at lvl 54 right before evolving and losing the STAB (unless you want to keep Larvitar unevolved 46 for some crazy reason). But the only thing you want to have Larvitar is cause it get Sandstorm very early! That means +50% Sp. Def making it your only hope to beat water or grass types that most of them are special. In addition you would prefer to play only on sunny or clear days.

I would suggest to make it a duo type like others said, or start with more than 1 starters if you feel it's hard (fighting Fern for 1st time with one poke is almost impossible, unless you flinhhax him to death somehow)

I honestly considered making Larvitar magically appear since sandstorm will be my saving grace but its a mono run, its supposed to be difficult and psuedos don't make it difficult. Save reason I didn't want tyrunt the unnatural way. Although I'd have liked to have them soon since kiki will be horrible. If there was a good shell smasher around then fighting kiki wouldn't be impossible just difficult. Shell smash pass to archen and let the day be done.