So... Umm... Why don't we have a wiki?

Title says it all; why doesn't reborn have a wiki?

I *think* I read somewhere that Ame was against it, not sure why though. The only reasons I could think of are that it could make the game too easy: solutions to puzzles, exploiting gym leaders' weaknesses etc. but there are youtube guides and the forums pretty much do that anyway; and that she can't make any money off the reborn rupee thingys (seems unlikely but it's a possibility).

It seems like a wiki would be incredibly useful, and if the rupees thing is actually an issue, then the wiki could be integrated into the reborn website.

So in short I'd like to know if there's any reason why we couldn't make a wiki, and if there isn't if there are others who would be interested in starting it.

Fair enough,

But I just think it would make everything so much easier to find. Sure the forum's great, but you have to trawl through posts searching for an answer, and then half the time it's out of date etc. I think a wiki would be really helpful, but then again it could just be me. It just makes everything so much more accessible.

I think it's pretty useless , if it's pokemon related you can use bulbapedia and if it's Reborn related you can use the search form.

Everything it's pretty much covered to be honest , and what is not you can always ask the community , people here are really welcoming.

• Administrators
Rather than just saying that it's useless, let's ask what might it be used for. Obviously this isn't the first time that's come up, nor is it likely to be the last.

So, Inigo, or anyone else, what sort of things do you think would be good on the wiki? If we were to make one the first step would be outlining what the content would be down to the bullet point. It's easy to say something like "Pokémon locations and that sort of thing" but a more complete list would both be the first step, and would convince others that there is a need

I guess it could be used for a compact overview of the characters? Depending on the chocies we make in-game, it's easy to miss some of the story snippets, and it could be useful to actually have it all together on a wiki page. That, as well as overviews of the characters' teams, and general info on locations or factions.
A wiki would mostly be useful for

- game info like leader teams, pokemon/item locations

- character and plot summaries

- change logs about differences between episodes

I'm not sure if those things would really warrant the creation of a wiki, though I can see how people might find it easier to navigate than the forums. If someone just wants to look a thing up, they might find a wiki more practical than having to search the forums for answers.

Rather than just saying that it's useless, let's ask what might it be used for. Obviously this is the first time that's come up, nor is it likely to be the last.
So, Inigo, or anyone else, what sort of things do you think would be good on the wiki? If we were to make one the first step would be outlining what the content would be down to the bullet point. It's easy to say something like "Pokémon locations and that sort of thing" but a more complete list would both be the first step, and would convince others that there is a need

Well, obviously it would be used , but almost any information you put in , could be found elsewhere.

Like you mentioned "pokemon location" , there is thread with here in the forum with all the pokemon locations.

Have a wiki would only be more convenient.

It's not only convenience, but reliability. So on the forum, a lot of content is outdated, even the posts which are 'official' such as the item guides and the pokemon locations. Ama's hit some of key points too. Then there's small things like probability of pokemon x appearing in area y. etc.

If you need convincing Ame I can work on a list specifying what I think a wiki could contribute.

It's far from critical- there are other things that need to be corrected much more desperately, but it will make everything much easier.

I take it you would prefer (if you would want one at all) the wiki to be on the official reborn website rather than a wikia page?

Finally, feeling more than a little starstruck- Ame you and your team's amazing thank you so much for making this game!

The Item Guide and Pokemon Location Guide are pretty up to date as far as I know. The only guides that is currently outdated is the Reborn Guide by Sparsyle and the EV Training Guide, which is in the process of being updated.

Anyways, I think it will be fine if it is for the information that Ama suggested above. Especially the information about the characters in Reborn.

The Item Guide and Pokemon Location Guide are pretty up to date as far as I know. The only guides that is currently outdated is the Reborn Guide by Sparsyle and the EV Training Guide, which is in the process of being updated.

Anyways, I think it will be fine if it is for the information that Ama suggested above. Especially the information about the characters in Reborn.

They are really good. But they certainly aren't perfect. For example, one I just noticed (will post so they change it), is totodile. It is only listed as 'Starter', yet it is obtainable as an event pokemon. In the tutorial for finding lapras on the same page they mention that it's in the same area as totodile, but there isn't a location other than as a starter.

That said, the item and pokemon guides are generally very reliable, but when there is a page designated to each pokemon, it will be very difficult for these kind of mistakes to occur, and when they do they will be corrected very quickly.

The wiki wouldn't have to be all-inclusive, in my mind it would be very similar to the Z/O wiki

Scratch that I just found v3 of the pokemon locations list, and totodile is listed correctly there...

But the point still stands

I'm personally all for having a wiki. It would in no way invalidate the purpose of this forum because it would merely give people a choice and multiple sources for info - locating. As previously stated, some info is outdated or not-as-easy to find for many people. Needless to say, Ame has already stated she would not be in charge of updating that wiki so I'm pretty sure a wiki can be made as long as someone is willing to update it regularly and maintain it. It would also be cool to have a wiki detailing info about the characters

Oh, then let's give a sample list of inclusive things for the wiki

Pokemon locations and methods of obtaining

Character pages incl gym leader pages

A page for all the pulses and their specifics (i mean, even until today I have no clue what type most pulses are in their mutated form)

Possibly gym puzzle guides

Item/TM location guides

Important NPC guides like tutors and so on

Trade locations

Edited by Masquerain