Help with Modifying Team

TheCardboardBox

Orginal post

I'm stuck at the double battle with Team Meteor at Beryl Ward and I am unsure about how good my team is. Any suggestions on improving the team and strategies for the battle?

I can switch out for any recommended pokemon

Current roster:

Noibat. lvl 23

Telepathy

Bite

Wing Attack

Air Cutter

Agility

Pancham lvl. 24

Scrappy

Comet Punch

Karate Chop

Work Up

Slash

Trubbish lvl.23

Stench

Sludge

Poison Gas

Stockpile(not sure how to use)

Swallow(not sure how to use)

Quilava lvl.27

Blaze

Flame Wheel

Ember

Defense Curl

Quick Atttack

Meowstic-F lvl. 27

Infiltrator

Psyshock

Psybeam

Fake Out

Disarming Voice

Teddiursa lvl 14 (TM Slave)

Pickup

Cut

Lick

Baby doll Eyes

Feint Attack

If I missed any key info on the pokemon let me know otherwise....

thanks.

Edited by TheCardboardBox

If anything, you might want to keep Teddiursa. While I can;t say it for myself, but apparently, it's decent. If anything, you might want to ditch Noibat for now. Noibats aren't very useful until you start hitting some higher levels.

For grinding, the best place would probably be around the forest, though the Grand Hall might have a rebattlable trainer you can spar with, though they might show up later.

You can catch a phanpy in the Beryl Cemetary, but I don't think you can get there until after the battle :[.

Just to confirm, you can't until after the fight. I can say however, that Phanpy is a very, very wise investment, and will destroy certain Gym leaders.

Trubbish's acid spray is actually more useful than swallow, there are healing items anyway, buff up using stockpile and spam acid spray to severely decrease special defense(40 base power may not seem like much but it is ruining opponent in just two sprays), sludge to finish off the defenseless opponent~Plus, Stench ability may sometimes flinch the opponent resulting in inaction of opponent, its an acid spray fest~

Edited by TimTim

I can also testify that going after the Eeveelutions first will make the battle a lot easier, as each trainer only has three Pokemon each. Watch out for the type advantages, and never give up. I lost several times before I somehow managed to win, so it might take a few rounds to achieve victory. Grinding will help, immensely.

just aim the eevee evolution(glaceon,umbreon and espeon) with pancham. well pancham can at least handle galecon and umbreon with fighthing type moves. also i would grind a bit so that most of your mons are at least lvl 28 or so. also a soundpoof whismur/loudred will help vsing taka's chatot.

Thanks guys for the great advice I was able to defeat them (after many screams and fits of anger at my complete lack of rng). I ditched Noibat like you guys said because I saw you could catch it much later at a higher level. I'll update the thread again when I need help or get stuck again. Thanks again for the great advice especially to Combat Medic

Edited by TheCardboardBox