Music looping in Reborn

DerxwnaKapsyla

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering if the music in Reborn will be looped (as in, it doesn't come to a end and then restart, but when it reaches a loop point defined by the song's metatags it loops that entire segment). I know there's methods to loop mp3 files, and now a public script to loop ogg files in Essentials, so just struck me as a question I'd ask. I apologize if this has been discussed before!

It loops them in the same way putting an mp3 file in a media player such as winamp loops it - from start to finish. What I mean is looping songs like how they work in Pokemon games, where you have the intro to the song, then the main segment, and then it loops back into the main segment instead of the song ending and playing the intro again.

• Veterans

If I recall correctly, the music in Reborn consists of MP3's, which means they can't be manually looped within the game. This is different from the music that comes with Pokemon Essentials, which is a bunch of MIDI's and a soundfont, as far as I know. These do loop smoothly in contrast with the MP3's, i think, but don't sound as nice (unless you make a good-sounding soundfont yourself), hence why the music repeats in Reborn (and other games as well) due to them being MP3s!

I think it might take quite some effort (maybe even too much considering how long the game already is) to remake all songs and setup a soundfont for them, but it's up to the dev team of reborn after all to decide if it's a good idea or not :>

Edited by Zumi

That's the thing though! There is a plugin for Essentials that allows mp3 files to be loopable within RPG Maker XP and Essentials-made games now! I use it in my own project, since all the songs I use are in the .ogg format. This is why I bring it up, because the possibility now exists. But I'll understand if the devs don't want to apply it - it'll mean opening each song in a program like audacity and listening to the song repeated times to try and identify the loop points, then add the relevant metatags (LOOPSTART and LOOPLENGTH) to the song, and with how many songs there are, that could take a while.

• Veterans

That's the thing though! There is a plugin for Essentials that allows mp3 files to be loopable within RPG Maker XP and Essentials-made games now! I use it in my own project, since all the songs I use are in the .ogg format. This is why I bring it up, because the possibility now exists. But I'll understand if the devs don't want to apply it - it'll mean opening each song in a program like audacity and listening to the song repeated times to try and identify the loop points, then add the relevant metatags (LOOPSTART and LOOPLENGTH) to the song, and with how many songs there are, that could take a while.

Ohhh, I wasn't even aware that there was a plugin for that now :0 Well, it's up to the dev's of course, but that's pretty sweet if people would apply that to games in the future B)