Froakie

DashO

Goodmorning,

I just started playing this game, and it's the first time that I'am paying attention to the nature and IV's of my pokemon. Now I wonder if my starter pokemon is any good or that it is recommended to start over:

Froakie's IV stats are:

HP 20

Attack 24

Defense 24

Sp. Att 22

Sp. Def 24

Speed 22

Nature: Naive

Ability: Protean

Kind regards,

Dash

The nature isn't bad. It helps speed which is good.

The IVs are actually pretty good for something unbred (I think) so I'd keep it. Plus it has the hidden ability which makes it really strong.

I'd stick with it.

hmm the IV are awesome if and the nature is ok i guess. and for a starting team i would grab a male espurr early as a male meowstick is the best support you can ever ask for. light screen,reflect and misty terrain. what more do you need and to make things better it has prankster ability. i would grab numel after beating julia just change the date to make it rain. also i would grab an early budew and use roselia as a grass type in your team. trubbish with toxic spike will be helpful for julia(1st gym) and flobot(2nd gym). That is all i got.

Thanks for the tips. I got myself an Espurr with the infiltrator ability, and so far it seems to be a very good addition to my team. Will this change to prankster when he evolves? However, I couldn't find a numel. It was already raining when I beat the first gym, so maybe that has something to do with it....

Right now I have a:

Pansear: nature: rash, ability: gluttony

Hp: 28

Att: 23

Def: 22

Sp. att: 19

Sp. def: 22

speed: 25

Blitzle: nature: jolly, ability: sap sipper

Hp: 8

Att: 15

Def: 29

Sp. att: 28

Sp. def: 12

speed: 27

Onix: nature: careful, ability: sturdy

Hp: 24

Att: 1

Def: 20

Sp. att: 31

Sp. def: 31

speed: 31

Espurr: nature: bashfull, ability: infiltrator

Hp: 20

Att: 23

Def: 29

Sp. att: 29

Sp. def: 13

speed: 29

Btw, my frogadier is female. Does that mean that it will be easier to breed with her?

Edited by DashO

Wondering what gender is your espurr? Its gender is pivotal to the role of its evolutions in your team, and also ability of the evolutions~Meowstic M and F each has different utility in a team~

P.S. Infiltrator Espurr will still evolve into infiltrator meowstic, only hidden ability own tempo espurr will each evolve into prankster for male and competitive for female, but no biggie if you have ability capsules

Edited by TimTim

Wondering what gender is your espurr? Its gender is pivotal to the role of its evolutions in your team, and also ability of the evolutions~Meowstic M and F each has different utility in a team~

P.S. Infiltrator Espurr will still evolve into infiltrator meowstic, only hidden ability own tempo espurr will each evolve into prankster for male and competitive for female, but no biggie if you have ability capsules

It is a male espurr, as was recommended by Luna ;-) I have one ability capsule, so that wo'nt be a problem. Thanks for the info!

Any further recommendations regarding my team are still welcome!

Edited by DashO