Ideal Pokemons to Defeat Radomus?

SethKM

Well, I had a crappy time defeating Radomus, because most of my pokemon (or better yet, all) doesn't know any dark type moves and no dark type on my team. I'm wishing to either grind my Lvl 30 Scraggy, Lvl 22 Houndour, Lvl 25 Gothita.

Is there any place I could get a better dark pokemons to beat Radomus?

Anyways, my pokes are, Donphan, Pachirisu, Samurott, Torkoal, Heatmor, Simisear
See how shit and crap good they are? They were, actually, until it started with Serena(?) or Spindel Town Gym, then onwards.

Edited by SethKM

Anyways, my pokes are, Donphan, Pachirisu, Samurott, Torkoal, Heatmor, Simisear

Well there's your problem. All those Pokemon really can't take a Rock type attack which Radomus is loaded with. TBH, a Dark Type like Honchkrow or Escalvier will make short work of his team. I'd say DD scraggy of the three choices.

Also, Gardevior and Gallade with Shadow Ball and Night Slash are good choices, if you have been leveling your Ralts.

Arcanine's Crunch and Tangrowth's Knock Off were also something I used, if I remember correctly.

Edited by Drymus

As stated above, Escavalier and Durant pretty much destroy him, especially Escavalier which can make use of him using Trick Room.

For future reference, even though this may be asking for solely future recommendations for him, the Official Gym Leader Help Thread is a place where you can ask for assistance with Gym Leaders and/or Boss Battles.

I destroyed this gym with gardevoir. Simple just have gardevoir use Calm mind, due to the field effect it sharply raises special attack and defence and just have your other pokemon as bait by making them have a weakness to radomus's pokemon. After 3 calm mind you can rinse the gym no problem

Also nearly all of his pokemon have secondary types to take advantage of and his ace Gossip Gardewhore takes physical hits like a pregnant cripple. Use that to your advantage.

A lot of newer players make the mistake of just going after the gym's primary type but playing up secondary types and stats are just as important.

Even though there's a Gardevoir and Gallade to worry about, a Moxie Dark type wrecks over half of Radomus' team, including Krookodile, Scrafty (especially with Dragon Dance), and Honchkrow. Escavalier and a Gardevoir of your own also may help out. Having three Fire types doesn't seem so great, even if they were useful for Serra, an Ice type Gym Leader.

Send out some fast fodders to trick him into setting up Trick Room/do some damage, then BAM, Escavalier. With Base 20 speed, a resistance to his attacks and type-effectiveness over Psychic, he'll make quick work of the gym, even after Trick Room wears off.