Rock/Ground Monotype Run

SethKM

Hey guys! I'll be resetting my progress, and it would be fun to have a Rock/Ground Monotype run.

Any tips on how to get these pokes early? Golem(Geodude), Excalibur(Drilbur), Steelix(Onyx - which is at the Harbor), Drapion(Skorpi), Camerupt(Numel - also at the Harbor), Quagsire(Wooper)

In advance, thanks for helping :)

But Drapion is none of those type, nor is its pre-evolution? You can send out request for someone with RPGXmaker to inject a starter into your game for you~Starters you are sticking with(that is if you are still going with regular starters) are Turtwig or Mudkip, since they evolve into secondary ground type

Edited by TimTim

But... Drapion is Poison/Dark...

Let see, for Julia you will have only two pokémon, Marshtomp/Grotle and Wormadam-S, after that you will get a pletora of catches.

For the pokémon you asked.

• Geodude is at the Under Grand Staircase, before Shelly.
  • Drilbur is only on the Mystery Egg if you get lucky, or you can go back to EP14 and get it in Tanzan Depths, before Noel.
  • Onix is on an event in the Peridot Ward, but only after Julia.
  • Same for Numel.
  • If you want Drapion even if it's not Rock or Ground, you can get one in Byxbision Wasteland, before Aya.
  • Wooper is in the Azurine Island, before Aya.

Is this not technically a duotype run or do you mean rock OR ground not rock AND ground?

Here is the pokemon location guide: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16407

Here are a few off the top of my head in case you want other pokemon to choose from:

I'm pretty sure you can get a nidoran in the onyx arcade

You could also get a trapinch from a trade in chrysolia forest Am I right? Is it chrysolia?

You can get a baltoy from the totem

You can get a sandile from tanzan mountain

You could also get a golett from the totem or route 3 I believe

Plenty of fossil pokemon to choose from

You can get aron from the underground railnet

The protector is in the game so you could catch a rhyhorn in route 3 as well or from the mystery egg

You could catch a roggenrola but I can't remember where...

Edited by micky33000000

Drilbur is luck based. 1/18 chance to get it from the mystery egg.

If you're doing a Rock type too, then Slugma (macargo) is great early on. Shell Smash will improve him greatly offensively, and make him a sweeper. He's relatively cheap from Game Corner too.

If you don't want Slugma then i suggest Camerupt. It can almost sweep Florinia, Shelly, Corey and Shade.

Dugtrio is a good gound type as it is probably the fastest one you'll get early on. Trapinch (Flygon) is fast too, better moveset, typing etc But until then, dugtrio can be a suitable substitute. It's also got decent overage with Sucker Punch and Night Slash (how the hell does dugtrio slash?).