Ice Ice Baby (Ice Monotype Run of Reborn Hardcore!)

Solarance

What should I do?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should I add another Pokémon to my party?

• Yes
    • No

Entry 0.5 (Still a WIP)

Entered the Reborn region on an exploding train... isn't that lovely? Anyways, after a talk with Ame, who was in charge of the Reborn League, a gym leader came along and her name was Julia. She was super ecstatic and jumpy, kinda weird if you ask me... I made my way to the Grand Hall in the blazing sun, but I saw an Ice Cream stand so I bought me some Chocolate Ice Cream. I came upon the entrance and saw Victoria, a person who was supposed to help me. After meeting up with Ame again, I got my starter Vanillite and went back down to meet this weird dude who's name was Cain. He called me cute and challenged me to a battle, and I accepted. During the battle I 4HKO'd his Nidoran M with a strong Icicle Spear. After that we went and healed up our Pokémon. Victoria and Ame came along, then Ame and Cain left and Victoria challenged me to a battle. The battle ended with me being defeated due to Weak Armor.. We then headed up to where Ame was and I got my Pokédex, Running Shoes, and some Pokéballs... After walking outside, I saw a Lucky Egg and Exp. Share laying around, so I picked it up.. A little later I meet Fern, who seems like a rude person, anyways he challenged me to a battle like everyone in this city and it went like this.

Uhh...Julia's Magnemite has Analytic and Magnet bomb...which is more or less a 120 BP (Bonus from the field) attack plus stab against a bunch of frail ice types. Something is going to die to the Magnemite and y'all are implying he can solo Julia with a Piloswine.

And due to picking Vanillite...you'd have to solo the whole game up until Shelly with it. You expect to solo Corey with a Vanillite...you're going to have a bad day (both versions would devour you). And then there's Shelly who has an Armaldo and a Yanmega who can dish out a ton of damage and you're saying it's possible to do with just a Vanillite once again.

And why are you all saying he'll sweep with a Swinub...quite the opposite really. Helioptile can take a special attack quite easily and given how fast Julia's team is, it'd have to be in the mid 20s to even have a shot of winning. Julia has counters to ground types (ghost...not so much) as leaders are made to counter their weaknesses like irl monotypes (just not at player level though).

Uhh...Julia's Magnemite has Analytic and Magnet bomb...which is more or less a 120 BP (Bonus from the field) attack plus stab against a bunch of frail ice types. Something is going to die to the Magnemite and y'all are implying he can solo Julia with a Piloswine.

And due to picking Vanillite...you'd have to solo the whole game up until Shelly with it. You expect to solo Corey with a Vanillite...you're going to have a bad day (both versions would devour you). And then there's Shelly who has an Armaldo and a Yanmega who can dish out a ton of damage and you're saying it's possible to do with just a Vanillite once again.

And why are you all saying he'll sweep with a Swinub...quite the opposite really. Helioptile can take a special attack quite easily and given how fast Julia's team is, it'd have to be in the mid 20s to even have a shot of winning. Julia has counters to ground types (ghost...not so much) as leaders are made to counter their weaknesses like irl monotypes (just not at player level though).

The title says adding a member to the party, so the party will consist of two(I was going to propose Spheal but it is even worse than Swinub for Julia match up), soloing Reborn with second weakest type is hard enough let alone tuned-up difficulty, adding more member is never a bad thing i guess, and scarcity of ice types in early game further hinders the playthrough, the least second member can contribute is to get further in gym battles i suppose.