Weather Buggery

Zen

Possibly obscene meaning of the thread name aside, the following two teams are bug teams designed to counter weather by using their own weather :)

Both have also been made such as to enable them to have an edge in their own element, against opposing teams meant to function under the same weather (read: Thunder Wave).

---

Galvantula (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Compoundeyes

EVs: 24 Def / 232 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Thunder

- Bug Buzz

- Energy Ball

- Hidden Power [Rock]

-

Volbeat (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Prankster

EVs: 216 Def / 56 SDef / 236 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Thunder Wave

- Toxic

- Rain Dance

- Encore

-

Armaldo (M) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Swift Swim

EVs: 36 Def / 216 SDef / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- X-Scissor

- Rock Slide

- Aerial Ace

- Earthquake

-

Parasect (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Dry Skin

EVs: 136 Def / 136 SDef / 236 Spd

- Seed Bomb

- Aerial Ace

- Dig

- Swords Dance

-

Illumise (F) @ Focus Sash

- Thunder Wave

- Toxic

- Rain Dance

- Encore

-

Scizor (F) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Technician

EVs: 120 Atk / 136 SDef / 252 Spd

- Bullet Punch

- Night Slash

- Brick Break

- Swords Dance

---

And if you're a drop of sunshine who hates rainy days:

---

Volcarona (M) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Flame Body

EVs: 228 Def / 28 SAtk / 252 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Bug Buzz

- Heat Wave

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Quiver Dance

-

Volbeat (M) @ Focus Sash

- Thunder Wave

- Toxic

- Sunny Day

- Encore

-

Leavanny (M) @ Occa Berry

Trait: Chlorophyll

EVs: 156 Atk / 136 Def / 216 SDef

- Leaf Blade

- X-Scissor

- Aerial Ace

- Shadow Claw

-

Yanmega (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Speed Boost

EVs: 8 Def / 252 SAtk / 152 SDef / 96 Spd

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Bug Buzz

- Air Slash

- Giga Drain

- Hidden Power [Electric]

-

Illumise (F) @ Focus Sash

- Thunder Wave

- Toxic

- Sunny Day

- Encore

-

Heracross (M) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Moxie

EVs: 216 Atk / 96 Def / 20 SDef / 176 Spd

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Close Combat

- Night Slash

- Rock Slide

- Earthquake

---

Basically the rain team is built to hate sun, and vice-versa. However, both teams are also built to punish hail and sand to an extent.

Spore > Dig on Parasect? Spore is such an amazingly stupid move, while Dig is slow, predictable, and not even that strong.

Also, Bug Bite > Night Slash on Scizor. Night Slash is terribly situational; Bug Bite hits most Psychics harder(or all, too lazy to check) and Bullet Punch's STAB Technician is more than enough for Ghosts. Also, I'd recommend dropping Speed EVs and switching to Adamant; your speed is decent at best either way, and Bullet Punch's priority is so much better with that extra punch. And if it is Triples(idk, is it?) Swords Dancing only makes you a big target; the speed won't really help that much.

Why HP Electric on Yanmega? HP Fire would be better to hit Steels and such, or Ice for dragons. But Electric is pretty meh.

Finally, I'd recommend Megahorn(or hell, even X-Scissor) on Hera over Night Slash; unSTABed Night Slash is honestly just pitiful.

Spore > Dig on Parasect? Spore is such an amazingly stupid move, while Dig is slow, predictable, and not even that strong.

Also, Bug Bite > Night Slash on Scizor. Night Slash is terribly situational; Bug Bite hits most Psychics harder(or all, too lazy to check) and Bullet Punch's STAB Technician is more than enough for Ghosts. Also, I'd recommend dropping Speed EVs and switching to Adamant; your speed is decent at best either way, and Bullet Punch's priority is so much better with that extra punch. And if it is Triples(idk, is it?) Swords Dancing only makes you a big target; the speed won't really help that much.

Why HP Electric on Yanmega? HP Fire would be better to hit Steels and such, or Ice for dragons. But Electric is pretty meh.

Finally, I'd recommend Megahorn(or hell, even X-Scissor) on Hera over Night Slash; unSTABed Night Slash is honestly just pitiful.

Yes, it is a triples team. Forgot to mention that in the first post.

Hmm, I'd rather paralyze them and smack them with Dig, for one. Otherwise, Spore's the usual on parasect.

Night Slash works better than Bullet Punch for ghosts (read: jellicent/chandelure), and since the whole team is loaded with bugs, scizor not having a bug move's sort of compensated for.

This yanmega is made to torture water teams - hence the HP Electric. Volcarona has both fire and HP Ice, so those two I'm not too worried about.

Regarding Megahorn, refer to my earlier reply to Slim Shady's suggestion. And then there's the bug saturation question as discussed earlier with scizor (this team has leavanny, volcarona, and yanmega running bug moves) so heracross can keep his pitiful Night Slash :)

Yes, it is a triples team. Forgot to mention that in the first post.

Hmm, I'd rather paralyze them and smack them with Dig, for one. Otherwise, Spore's the usual on parasect.

Night Slash works better than Bullet Punch for ghosts (read: jellicent/chandelure), and since the whole team is loaded with bugs, scizor not having a bug move's sort of compensated for.

This yanmega is made to torture water teams - hence the HP Electric. Volcarona has both fire and HP Ice, so those two I'm not too worried about.

Regarding Megahorn, refer to my earlier reply to Slim Shady's suggestion. And then there's the bug saturation question as discussed earlier with scizor (this team has leavanny, volcarona, and yanmega running bug moves) so heracross can keep his pitiful Night Slash :)

Parasect: Not sure why you'd rather paralyze someone than put them to sleep... o.o Not to mention you can paralyze one Pokemon and put to sleep another if you have spore(between volbeat or illumise and parasect)

Scizor: Well, it's just two Pokemon, but I suppose it's reasonable. Thought it's more of having another solid STAB move than a bug move specifically.

Yanmega: HP Electric still isn't that great. Neutral Bug Buzz has 5 power less than x2 HP Electric. Sure, there could be say a Gyara, but it's still pretty suspect. More to my curiosity, not sure how the concept of using this team only against water works? I mean, I don't know, are you going to only use the team when you've confirmed that the opponent is going to use rain? ._.

Heracross: Not much I have to say, I mean, if you're really that adamant about keepign Night Slash, go ahead.

Parasect: Not sure why you'd rather paralyze someone than put them to sleep... o.o Not to mention you can paralyze one Pokemon and put to sleep another if you have spore(between volbeat or illumise and parasect)

Yanmega: HP Electric still isn't that great. Neutral Bug Buzz has 5 power less than x2 HP Electric. Sure, there could be say a Gyara, but it's still pretty suspect. More to my curiosity, not sure how the concept of using this team only against water works? I mean, I don't know, are you going to only use the team when you've confirmed that the opponent is going to use rain? ._.

Hmm, I run paralysis since people tend to run Sleep Clause (the wussies) XD

Regarding 'knowing' that the opponent is about to use rain, well... when I initially playtested my TR teams in triples, I observed a considerable number of rain teams. So yes, this team is tailored to hate rain, but I sometimes take it out for a spin against anyone else that's available for a match :D