The Reborn Reader - News, Updates and Teasers!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp time to prepare for fighting tomorrow, sadly this is one of the types I expected would be difficult for my team since the beginning.

All these assumption that it's Fighting. The hairstyle and color could mean something entirely different.

Looks as though redemption staff are trying to tell us it's fire...

But mayhaps it's just a CLEVER RUSE!!!

I was convinced he was fighting since "Buff bod, Muscle-talk, Training in the mountains (Number one fighting cliché ever >:C), and there's the whole cold weather thing, that just made me think of maylene going to train in the snow x.x though that's probably completely unintended.

Then again, that talk of resisting ice, along with his hair style.. x.x

Also, has gallade studied Greek history?

Or watched the movie 300 maybe?

that could be where he heard it before ¬¬

Leo might be fire-type? I mean. Look at that hair.

And I think his ace could be Infernape. :0

INFERNAPE. HELL YEAH, BEST GYM LEADER WITH ACE.

Eh hum, anyway i'm exicted how this gym leader will battle especially with Mega evolution it will be given.

I would've said fighting,his name is Leonidas, after all but Dash said we shouldn't play with the stove, so now i'm thinking of a fire leader Watch him be the psychic leader somehow due to us making guesses based on his bod' and hair

Tbh I somewhat expected Fighting but Heracross as an Ace isn't too Shabby Especially when that thing Mega-Evo's Also I have a theory that all the B.5 and B.6 Leader's aces will be Pokemon that can Mega Evolve~~

Redemption League HOT news!

Stop the presses, don't print that old recap, we don't need that!

Loyal readers, Grapevine Gallade has another bit of exciting news ready for you! Excuse me for my absence, but that week off I was given by Dash, was certainly something I could use to freshen up a little bit.

However, on my last day off, I found the remaining two leaders in the fifth bracket! I hope you're all excited, because I surely am!

On that note, holy moly... A bunch of leaders got dropped and a few of them got promoted?! What happened while I was gone?! Ariel and Haley swapped places, both Alicia and Lucifer dropped to the second bracket, Elliot got moved up to the third bracket and Venus got moved up to the fourth bracket?

Miss Venus has surely been quite the opponent for the challengers, that much was obvious... But wow. I guess I'm pretty late to this party, but that's quite alright, I hope. I'm anxious to find out what the new brackets have in store for the challengers! But without further ado...

???: "Now, use Flamethrower, followed up by Solar Beam while the cinders are still in the air! Take power from that heat and fire off the power of the sun!"

G. Gallade: "Sounds like someone's training... Time to take a quick peek."

???: "Excellent job, Ninetales! Now, return!"

G. Gallade: "Wow, that looked simply amazing! How did you do that?!"

???: "A-ha, were you amazed by my Ninetales' performance? The art of using fire's remains is a concept I had been working with. I've grown attached to this new method of utilizing tiny fragments of power and combining them to become one."

G. Gallade: "Can you perhaps show me another trick with fire? I mean, I'm not a Fire-type Pokémon, but I do like seeing these kind of things."

???: "Very well, observe. These flames don't burn, they only give off a little bit of warmth if you touch them. Care to try?"

G. Gallade: "I uh... I'll pass, but it certainly looks cool. What's your name... Sir? Madam? I'm slightly confused, sorry."

???: "You're not the first to not immediately see my gender, but not to worry, I'm male. My name is Axel. I'm trying to brush up my skills a little bit for the League."

G. Gallade: "Oh? Are you going to compete? Or are you a leader...?"

Axel: "The latter, if I may, little Gallade. I'm assuming your name is Gallade, is it not?"

G. Gallade: "Grapevine Gallade, reporting for the Reborn Reader. Pleased to meet you, sir!"

Axel: "Ah, I see. Well now, would you like to spar with one of my Pokémon, perhaps?"

G. Gallade: "Spar? I'm not sure that'd be fair based on what I've just witnessed. So I think I'll pass. But to get back on track, are you in fact a leader for the Redemption League, or are you simply using their facilities as challenger?"

Axel: "I'm a leader, actually. Fifth bracket Fire-type leader. As you might have noticed, Ninetales is ready for battle, and she's in prime shape."

G. Gallade: "I saw that, yes. So you're battling in the fifth bracket alongside Leo and... Who else?"

Axel: "Ah, you've yet to meet Ninia, I see. She should be around here somewhere... I could give her a quick call, if you wish to speak to her?"

G. Gallade: "You'd do that for me? Really? (This is too easy, something's bound to go wrong here.) If you could, please do!"

Axel: "Very well, just a second."

G. Gallade: "Awesome! Thanks Axel! Oh, before you do, would you mind telling me what kind of badge you own? I bet it's a scorching hot fireball or something."

Axel: "Almost. This is the Combustion Badge. NpXzTi3.pngIf people manage to defeat me in battle, they'll earn one of these."

G. Gallade: "I'd say it looks cool, but that'd be quite the opposite of what this badge is."

Axel: "You're quite right. So, instead of calling up Ninia, I sent her a quick text message asking her to drop by here if she was free today, and she replied with a "k", so I'm assuming she's on her way here."

???: "HIYAAAAAAAAAAAAH! YO! 'Sup Axel and little green/white dude?"

G. Gallade: "I... Guess you must be Ninia, correct?"

Ninia: "That'd be me, what's your name?"

Axel: "You two have fun. I'll be seeing you later, Ninia. Good-bye mister Gallade." uZwKOW2.png

G. Gallade: "Thanks again, Axel!"

Ninia: "Later."

G. Gallade: "Grapevine Gallade, reporting for the Reborn Reader! Pleased to meet you, Ninia."

Ninia: "Mkay, I like your attitude, we can hang. You want a drink or somethin'? My treat. You probably like Lemonade, don't you?"

G. Gallade: "That's quite a nice offer, I'll accept."

Ninia: "Aight sweet, let's get down to the market area and I'll grab us a couple of Lemonades."

G. Gallade: "So uh, while we're heading down there, Axel more or less confirmed that you're the final leader in the fifth bracket, care to elaborate a little on that?"

Ninia: "Ugh, I had hoped he'd keep his mouth shut, but I guess he does like to talk ahead of himself. He's right. I'm the final leader in the fifth bracket, and I don't mess around."

G. Gallade: "You appear to be rather fierce, what's that around your neck? It looks sharp."

Ninia: "This, my dear lil' Gallade, is a Dragon's Fang. One the Pokémon I own once had a little cavity and it had to get one of its teeth removed. You can guess that didn't really go smoothly, but it more or less worked out in the end."

G. Gallade: "So you own a Dragon-type Pokémon? Are you a Dragon-type Trainer?"

Ninia: "Gee, I wonder how you could tell. C'mon out, Hysteria! Say hello to this lil' Gallade!"

G. Gallade: "Uhhhh........... N-n-no! Stop! Druddi- Stop flattening me!"

Ninia: "Whoopsie, I forgot she can be a little bit clingy sometimes. No worries. She'll let go sooner or later. I hope. Maybe not."

G. Gallade: "C..n y.. tel.. her to get of.. of m..?"

Ninia: "Didn't catch that. What was that? Hysteria, c'mon, get off the Gallade before he becomes a pancake."

G. Gallade: "Thanks. She's quite a handful, huh?"

Ninia: "Sometimes, maybe. But I wouldn't trade her for the world."

G. Gallade: "So Dragons are mythical beings, right? What's your badge called? Something Mythical Badge?"

Ninia: "Whoa now, that'd be too easy. It's called the Sacred Badge. 2HgolKv.png See?"

G. Gallade: "It looks a bit... Bland..."

Ninia: "Hysteria, go ahead."

G. Gallade: "Wha- Oof. Ouch. That hurt!"

Ninia: "Serves ya right. Be glad that was just a Sucker Punch, and not a Dragon Claw or an Outrage. Hey, don't pass out yet, drink up this Lemonade first, you'll probably feel better."

G. Gallade: "Th-thanks. I'm gonna just sit down and catch my breath here real quick, if you don't mind."

Ninia: "Ha, you sure could use some training from Leo, maybe toughen up a bit."

G. Gallade: "I'll give that a thought. Ow, my stomach..."

Ninia: "Aight short-stack. Drink up and head on back home. I'm gonna see if I can find Leo and go wild with one of his Pokémon in a little one-on-one sparring match."

G. Gallade: -thunk-

Ninia: "Did he really just pass out? Guess I'll just drop him off back at the Redemption League HQ. Can you carry him, Hysteria?"

ArMd4D7.png

I think I woke up in Dash's office a few hours later... And I more or less wrote this from his desk up here, still hurting from that Sucker Punch. I think I'll head on home and give this report the finishing touches before publishing this.

This has been a Grapevine Gallade, in pain... Signing out for quite some time...

I was really hoping Steel and Psychic wouldn't get Megas tbh. Now they have Mega Mawile, Megagross, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Gallade, etc. ;-;

Druddigon is a strange choice for a Dragon, imo, but it is very bulky and has a great Attack. Plus it works well in Trick Room, my strategy :c

also wot why does gallade have steadfast rather than justified