Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Pokemon Reborn Guide DISCUSSION

Fumble

Question

Discuss anything I missed on the Pokemon Reborn Guide, and I'll add it~

By the way, I'll occasionally have missed some screenshots or item costs, since I'm too lazy to make a new save file, so if anybody knows what they are, they'll be appreciated!

Currently on the hunt for:

- Pic of Scraggy

- Pic of Black Belt

- Scraggy Egg Moves

Thanks in advance to those who share this information!

Part 13 is done, Part 14 will cover the orphanage escape and Shade.

• Answers 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Alright then, currently I need:

- Inventory of the Pokemart in the Grand Hall

Also, it might be nice to have pictures of:

- The man who tells you which Gym is next in the Grand Hall

- The area with Trainers in the Grand Hall

Thank you in advance to whoever tells me the information~

Chubb, i appreciate you doing this! the last guide made by sophie was one of my key helping threads that i used on my first days of plaything the reborn game. Sadly that guide fell, but now there is a new thread for a new generation of noobs and leets to depend upon~

i'll be sure to link this if anyone asks!

keep up the good work man :D

Well, I wanted the Guide itself to only have posts by me, so I can keep posting fluently without any interruptions, but some people are posting in the Guide itself, so Simon's volunteered to delete any posts that aren't supposed to be in the thread. When finished, it shouldn't have any breaks!

Thanks for the support, everybody who posted~ If I have time, I'll start working on the second part.

I swear that there is a section in the Item location guide where all the mart sales are listed. I may be wrong though.

Also another tip is to check every single rock/barrel/crystal/etc, because most of the goodies in reborn are hidden, like the ability capsule next to the factory, and the black sludge in the wastelands. (just two from off the top of my head)

I love that you went with the super small sprites so that the page will actually load without crashing for me =D

I love the X/Y sprites, but man they just kill the loading time.

My only suggestion is list the event pokemon/sidequests with a bright text color, or locate them all in one area.

Maybe at the end of each part of the guide there could be a short summary about all the possible event pokemon, so if people wanted to find the event pokes they could easily just scroll to the bottom of the post instead of having to go through the storyline part of the guide.

Or you could even colour-code the different parts of the guide, like RED for storyline, BLUE for gyms, GREEN for event Pokemon and trades, PURPLE for shops/move tutors and YELLOW for sidequests.

Just a suggestion

Edited by wytch_doctr

I love that you went with the super small sprites so that the page will actually load without crashing for me =D

I love the X/Y sprites, but man they just kill the loading time.

My only suggestion is list the event pokemon/sidequests with a bright text color, or locate them all in one area.

Maybe at the end of each part of the guide there could be a short summary about all the possible event pokemon, so if people wanted to find the event pokes they could easily just scroll to the bottom of the post instead of having to go through the storyline part of the guide.

Or you could even colour-code the different parts of the guide, like RED for storyline, BLUE for gyms, GREEN for event Pokemon and trades, PURPLE for shops/move tutors and YELLOW for sidequests.

Just a suggestion

Hm, I'll think about this. I might do some more color coding, since I've already done some for the battles, and a brief recap seems simple enough. Thank you for your suggestions!

I swear that there is a section in the Item location guide where all the mart sales are listed. I may be wrong though.

Also another tip is to check every single rock/barrel/crystal/etc, because most of the goodies in reborn are hidden, like the ability capsule next to the factory, and the black sludge in the wastelands. (just two from off the top of my head)

Well than, this makes my life easier. Thank you for telling me!

Editing Part 1, and working on Part 2 now~

Not a bad guide so far, but the only thing I really see missing is kind of a recommendation when you have wild Pokemon or event Pokemon. Sometimes people can't make up their mind so showing a bit of oppinion like how Ekans Intimidate is a useful addition or pointing out a specific pokemon might help a newb make a decision. I often to take people's opinions into consideration when selecting a certain mon (or used to when I was younger).

The other little thing is your explanation on how event variations work. It kind of sounds like it's implied that having a certain pokemon there effects an event later down the line when it doesn't. (This is right at the end). It's simply determined at the start of the game (well after the rivals to be specific), but that's being nit picky.

Also THANK YOU! for mentioning that Rayquaza and lucky egg thing. At one point, I got a lot of reports on it, but they've started to dwindle quite a bit. But yeah...that's my pic actually, but I don't care if you use it. I can't really give you too many pics other than some team changes in Hardcore. I don't think you really need to do anything for Hardcore though because most people who play it probably know what they're doing.

Not a bad guide so far, but the only thing I really see missing is kind of a recommendation when you have wild Pokemon or event Pokemon. Sometimes people can't make up their mind so showing a bit of oppinion like how Ekans Intimidate is a useful addition or pointing out a specific pokemon might help a newb make a decision. I often to take people's opinions into consideration when selecting a certain mon (or used to when I was younger).

Yeah, I'll probably add my own suggestions. Thank you for acknowledging this!

The other little thing is your explanation on how event variations work. It kind of sounds like it's implied that having a certain pokemon there effects an event later down the line when it doesn't. (This is right at the end). It's simply determined at the start of the game (well after the rivals to be specific), but that's being nit picky.

I'll add this, as well!

Also THANK YOU! for mentioning that Rayquaza and lucky egg thing. At one point, I got a lot of reports on it, but they've started to dwindle quite a bit. But yeah...that's my pic actually, but I don't care if you use it. I can't really give you too many pics other than some team changes in Hardcore. I don't think you really need to do anything for Hardcore though because most people who play it probably know what they're doing.

You're welcome~ And oh, I didn't realize that it was your picture, I was just looking around the Internet to see if I could find a picture of the Exp. Share and Lucky Egg in Hardcore for those who wanted to know.

Thought I should post the next few gym leader's teams here if you need them:

Julia (with 2 potions):

Helioptile, Level 12, No item, Glare, Charge Beam, Thundershock, Mud slap

Voltorb, Level 12, No item, Explosion, SonicBoom, Charge Beam, Rollout (ability Aftermath)

Voltorb, Level 12, No item, Explosion, SonicBoom, Charge Beam, Rollout (ability Aftermath)

Emolga, Level 13, Holding Potion, Nuzzle, Acrobatics, Charge Beam, Quick Attack (ability Static)

Blitzle, Level 13, No item, Flame Charge, Thunder wave, Charge Beam, Quick Attack (ability Sap Sipper)

Electrode, Level 15, No item, Charge Beam, Sonic Boom, Rollout, Charge (ability Aftermath).

Florinia (with 2 super potions):

Maractus, Level 22, No Item, Nature Power, Pin Missile, Needle Arm, Spikes (Ability Water Absorb)

Cottonee, Level 23, No Item, Leech Seed, Poison Powder, Nature Power, Protect (Ability Prankster)

Ferroseed, Level 22, Holding Big root, Leech Seed, Nature Power, Pin Missile, Sandstorm (Ability Iron Barbs)

Breloom, Level 23, No Item, Leech Seed, Spore, Mach Punch, Mega Drain (ability Poison Heal)

Cacnea, Level 23, Holding Big Root, Sand Attack, Pin Missile, Leech Seed, Nature Power (Ability Sand Veil)

Cradilly, Level 24, No Item, Stock Pile, Smack Down, Recover, Sandstorm (Ability Suction cups).

I can do this for all of the leader's teams if you would like.

Just a small tidbit that I noticed from reading the guide, I think the dark blue makes the text kinda hard to read on the dark background, so maybe choosing a different color like Yellow or something can make the text stand out without having to make the reader squint to read it. If it's not too much trouble, then I definitely recommend changing the color of dark blue text to yellow or something that is more readable for the sake of people reading this.

keep up with the great work! this is awesome and hope to see it really grow.

I was thinking of creating a guide too because the old one was not updated, but you got me ^^

Anyway, great guide, the only thing I would change a bit is the blue color, it really stings the eyes and is hard to read, but except fot that, the guide for now is better then the old one :)

Yeah, I noticed the blue was hard to read, but I wanted to keep it in Reborn's theme of red-blue-green-purple. I definitely will change it though, maybe a lighter blue?

Thanks, mde and Jamak, I'll need the teams later because my laptop with Reborn and the PBS files broke, so yeah.

Also, yeah, I'm probably going to split Peridot into two, one for events and the other for story + events after Julia.

Wow, the blue was already changed, that was fast. (There is a little bit of the darker blue left at the Opal ward paragraph)

Also Pachirisu may have Volt Absorb too, which can be really useful against Julia (Although Pickup is probably better in the long run).

Maybe instead of the event pokemon recap in green, you have the guides to event pokemon in green too. Later on, it will be difficult to easily search for specific events if there's like 15 event pokemon in one area (Peridot Ward)

Yeah, probably, although I don't want to overwhelm readers with too much green. Maybe I'll color where it says the Pokemon's level and moves, so the reader knows to stop there.

Also, Ctrl + F exists and too much green would make it painful to read, like the blue, but you can spot every recap fairly easily since it sticks out pretty well.

The color proportions are fine imo.

Edited by Borbland

Part 2 has been completed, and I also added a couple spoilers for where all of the pictures are, so that when the thread reaches post 20, it doesn't take forever to get to, let's say, part 19.

Anyway, if you noticed any typos/grammatical issues, anything that's outdated/wrong, or anything that might be confusing, mention it! And if there's anything I forgot to add or if you have any tips you want to see in the thread, you can also state it!

Next part will consist of Fern, the raid on Team Meteor's factory, Julia, and any events post-Julia in Peridot (i.e. Onix and Numel).