Noel help

Sharky307

Is the normal gym leader Noel bugged? I fought him 7 times in a row with pokemon higher than his (Charizard, Flygon, Muk, Emboar, Golem, KlingKlang/Camerupt) I could never pass his 3rd pokemon(cinccico) not even damage it. Always one hit kill. I have backups level 52 plus Noctowl, Sawk, Zebstrika, Dewgong, Meganium, Ursaring, Dusclops, Mamoswine, Fortress, Pangoro, Dragalge and Heatmor.

Please help

This is far from a bug, mind you.

Cincinno has extremely high speed and a moveset that can take out just about anything. It also has the Ability Skill Link, which makes it so that multi-hitting moves like Tail Slap/Rock Blast will always hit 5 times.

I used a cheap tactic to sweep through Noel, but yeah that Cinccino can be a pain.

The biggest problem come with Cinccino's item, King Rock, that grants that little thing with a wooping 40.951% chance of flinching.

Ypur best option are Inner Focus Throh or Sawk, because they can't get flinched and if they survive Tail Slap, they'll easily kill back with <Insert Fighting move here>.

And if you got lucky with your Mystery Egg, Pawniard makes Cinccino even easier (Again, go with Inner Focus just to avoid hax).

Rhyhorn is awesome, use it right now.

Also, if you want to know, there's a Link Stone in a rock near the Yureyu building, and before the 9th gym (Noel is the 7th) there's a Protector.

Another good idea for the Cinccino is to use priorities, that thing doesn't have much bulk and can be killed easily.

Ok cool then i'll start grinding him as well. Also trying to find a damn slakoth in obsidia by headbutting. Is rhydon strong enough to take them? Because he will only then evolve into rhyperior later in the game which i cannot wait for, excited. Thanx for the tips appreciate it alot. So in other words i need a pokemon who out speed him, think my fastest is zebstrika

There's also Aggron which you can get inside the railnet if you headbutt a pole in the left dungeon. Aggron has no trouble in this gym minus Staraptor and can even take down the next gym with ease.

Rhydon is on par with Golem, the movepool are about the same and the base stats too, the difference is made with Rhyperior.

Aggron can easily deal with Cinccino all Steel pokémon can, but yeah good luck for now.