Make people shit their pants.

Neo

This isn't a full team, but it's one of my evil set ups that make people shit their pants.

068.gif

Machamp (M) @ Lum Berry

Trait: No Guard

EVs: 252 Atk / 148 Def / 108 SDef

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Ice Punch

- Stone Edge

- DynamicPunch

- Mimic

131.gif

Lapras (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Hydration / Water Absorb

EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SDef

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Curse

- Ice Shard

- Rest

- Sheer Cold

Yup. If you haven't seen it by now, then you need to get your eyes checked. This is a Mimic+ Sheer Cold combo. The catch here is that Machamp has No Guard. Meaning that once he gets it, he can utterly wreck the other team. Yeah it's a two-turn set up, and it's kinda risky. I've used this quite a bit, and it's only failed me once. Lapras' bulk ensures that it'll survive the hits, because more often than not they are going to target her.

Pretty, neat, though I'd imagine they'd be able to KO Machamp in that time frame, considering they'll definitely focus him on turn 2 after they see him Mimic Sheer Cold. Considering you're using this in Doubles/Triples at least.

• Administrators

If it's a two turn set up anyway, what about Skill Swap? Skill Swap from Machamp, switch Lapras into its place, Skill Swap to that in the same turn. Though in that case...

It looks like Hippowdon is probably the most defensive OHKO user, followed by Gliscor? Maybe one of them instead.

• 2 months later...

Interesting. But machamp isnt fast enough to take out more than one or two pokes at best. There are too many speedy counters that can make quit work of machamp. I would go with neo's idea and use machoke in LU. why not

• Administrators

Um... *makes a note to mess around with skill swap*

How does Machamp end up with mimic anyways?

I'm not sure how No Guard comes into the equation, but, I know Mimic is a move tutor in FR/LG

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...